Any Seat Rewards

Old Oct 14, 2008, 2:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF Platinum, Starwood Platinum
Any Seat Rewards

I was just wondering if you were to book an any reward seat versus the classic award, do you get points and status credits for the any seat reward?
Old Oct 14, 2008, 3:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
According to the T&C's - No!
Old Apr 10, 2010, 12:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold, QF LTG
Noticed the following on the T&Cs today. Apologies if I've missed something obvious, but wondering if it's a recent change and if anyone on the board has had any experience of Points and SCs crediting when redeeming Any Seat Rewards?

"Status Credits are earned on all eligible booking classes.
* Qantas Segments booked in X, U, Z or P classes are eligible to earn Points and Status Credits only when booked as part of a Qantas & Jetstar Any Seat Award."

http://www.qantas.com.au/fflyer/dyn/...m/terms#jump27

Last edited by inasmuchas; Apr 10, 2010 at 12:39 pm
Old Apr 10, 2010, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by inasmuchas
... just wondering if it's a recent change, and if anyone on the board has had any experience of points and SCs crediting when redeeming Any Seat Rewards? ...
The QFF T&C's changed March 23rd 2010 to reflect said earnings.

There is a thread on this on AFF:

... and yes, people are now earning points/SC's on such bookings.
Old Apr 10, 2010, 12:47 pm

Great, thanks serfty! Very good news.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 4:42 am

Yup this is indeeed great news. Especially for ppl needing a few SC's prior to their anniversary, and are cash strapped.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 3:39 pm

From the latest newsletter:

http://www.qantas.com.au/fflyer/dyn/...UPASA:TextLink
Old Apr 27, 2010, 1:49 am

Programs: QFF Gold, Velocity + Miles & More
When travelling on eligible Any Seat Award earn points

Interesting change.

If someone else books you the flight will you earn points? So if I fly on my Dads points will I get the points and status credits?
Old Apr 27, 2010, 2:36 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Yes, just like on paid tickets -- provided that QF has implemented the technology to allow 2 QFF numbers in the booking, one for earn and one for burn. All QF is doing is converting the points to cash and then buying the ticket as the "any seat" award. Leading to some really interesting pricing, for example MEL-SYD any seat award cost varies from 11K to 60K points (vs. 8K classic award cost), depending on fare bucket availability; this was for a single day that I checked. Pretty easy to reverse engineer the QFF point valuation that QF is using
Old May 22, 2010, 3:01 am

U Class Booked.

I just booked an anyseat award to Wellington and I has booked into U class after checking on the Qantas website. It was definitely an anyseat award as the points required were more than the standard 36,000 but it has got me worried that the system will not credit points as it will think it is a Classic Award. Also on the receipt and e-ticket it does not say it was an anyseat reward.

Should I worry?
Old May 22, 2010, 3:34 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
just keep print-outs of everything and if it does not post to your account, forward to QFF.
Old May 22, 2010, 3:52 pm

Based on the fact you the fare has booked into U class you won't get any points.

I just booked an anyseat award to the US and all flights to/from have booked into O class.

I'd be calling QF ASAP.
Old May 22, 2010, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by vecta
Based on the fact you the fare has booked into U class you won't get any points.

I just booked an anyseat award to the US and all flights to/from have booked into O class.

I'd be calling QF ASAP.
Not quite true. The T&Cs on the earning table have been updated to state that U class tickets booked as 'Any Seat Awards' do credit, along with X, Z and P class tickets booked as 'Any Seat Awards'.

Old May 22, 2010, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by inasmuchas
Not quite true. The T&Cs on the earning table have been updated to state that U class tickets booked as 'Any Seat Awards' do credit, along with X, Z and P class tickets booked as 'Any Seat Awards'.

I stand corrected! Just read through those T&C's before posting too, didn't read the * below all the booking classes listed.

Good ole QF T&C's...
Old May 23, 2010, 1:07 am

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
Hmm, this looks really interesting.

Looking at the pricing of any-seat awards, when a normal "classic" award is available the premium for booking it through the "any" seats seems to be only about 20%. (But the other "any" seats are still priced at huge long figures, longer than a banker's bonus).

A specific example: a normal "classic" award PER-SYD in biz is available one-way at 36,000 points. (Cue snigqering in the background from the AA crowd who get the exact same seat for 17,500 miles).

On the "any-seat" screen, that same biz seat shows up costing 42,119 points. However, you will recoup part of the 6,000 difference as you will now earn about 3,500 miles for flying it. The exact amount depends on your status.

So your net cost is about 38,500 points - but you also earn 80 SC's.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.