Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qantas AIR Magazine

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2009, 7:59 am

Programs: QF WP/LTS
It would be interesting to know how QF are selecting recipients and whether they use this criteria for anything else.

I ask because I recieved a copy of Air as an SG some time back. Soon after became WP but have received no issues since.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 4:03 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by asiaflyer
It would be interesting to know how QF are selecting recipients ...
2 WPs at my address (different surnames) and only one AIR is sent.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 4:23 pm
HW

Programs: QF LTG/WP, Various others = way too much flying
Originally Posted by mattm199
Got the June edition of "AIR" this week - does anyone find it useful at all? Anyone in the market for a Range Rover or Maserati this month?
I think the inflight mag is a much better read.
Not if the current inflight mag is anything to go by - I did a quick count of the pages, not counting the obligatory airline stuff at the back there was roughly 150 pages, of which over 50% was advertising, of the remaining pages almost half of those were lame lists (eg lists of restaurants in Adelaide, lists of red wines, lists of some other products). Overall there were very few articles, and even those articles were very skinny and not put together with much effort; everyone knows that guys read magazines for the articles . Overall very uninspiring.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 7:27 pm

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
A wicked weasel catalogue insert would sure boost the readability.

I've received 2-3 issues of "Air" now - very appropriate name. The only better name I can think of is WOFTAM.
Old Dec 17, 2009, 2:20 am

Programs: QF WP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*
I got the December (6) issue of Air today. Interesting articles on Australian Whisky and aircraft restoration - the best issue so far.
Old Dec 18, 2009, 4:01 am

Programs: *QANTAS - Platinum/Lifetime Gold *KLM - Platinum *Virgin - Gold *Etihad - Gold
OMGosh... I haven't read all posts, but AIR magazine makes me sooooooo angry! It must cost them a fortune to print (although with all that advertising maybe it doesn't), and hardly any of the stories are of interest to me... The last few I have received have been thrown in the bin at the post office before even making it home!

If only they could invest that time and money in training their staff, or getting the EOD system to work???

I really wish QF would have asked their customers what they would like, instead of creating something that it seems leaves people more frustrated, than pleased...
Old Dec 18, 2009, 5:48 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by bubbles23
It must cost them a fortune to print (although with all that advertising maybe it doesn't), .
I am sure the aim of the exercise was to make money out of advertisers, pitching to "elite" travellers, an ideal way to get the top end of the market. Don't know if it does make money, but I am sure they wouldn't just spend money on it as a "benefit" of being WP .... if they didn't have it I am sure they would not lose a single passenger.
Old Dec 18, 2009, 1:57 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by lokijuh
I am sure the aim of the exercise was to make money out of advertisers, pitching to "elite" travellers, an ideal way to get the top end of the market. Don't know if it does make money, but I am sure they wouldn't just spend money on it as a "benefit" of being WP .... if they didn't have it I am sure they would not lose a single passenger.
Note not all WP get "Air". From the sounds of it I am not missing much.
Old Dec 19, 2009, 4:02 am

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
Still WOFTAM.
Old Dec 19, 2009, 5:06 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
Originally Posted by shillard
Still WOFTAM.
agree...
Old Dec 19, 2009, 11:25 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
I got one when I first became WP, didn't get the last issue, and got the new one a few days ago. I have no idea how the selection occurs, perhaps they alternate or it's based on current SCs.

I flicked through it in 10 secs, with only the Range Rover ad taking my attention then threw it out. Seems to be the same concept at AMEX Platinum or Centurion mags, however they have a few articles that are worth reading, as well as special offers for readers of the magazine. Perhaps QF could learn from their model?
Old Dec 19, 2009, 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by m0hamed
Seems to be the same concept at AMEX Platinum or Centurion mags, however they have a few articles that are worth reading, as well as special offers for readers of the magazine. Perhaps QF could learn from their model?
You mean, like close the magazine down?

http://littlenomads.com/travel-stori...ers-confirmed/
Old Dec 20, 2009, 5:07 am

Most efforts like this are pretty lame, the Mercedes-Benz magazine is equally WOFTAM, although it at least has some editorial content - even if it is totally uninteresting shite.
Old Dec 20, 2009, 5:55 am

Programs: QFF WP
Exuse my innocence but what does WOFTAM mean?
Old Dec 20, 2009, 7:26 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by seat_4D
Exuse my innocence but what does WOFTAM mean?
Google and you'll find the polite version. Something to do with a waste of ... time and money.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.