Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qantas AIR Magazine

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2008, 5:28 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Well it could mean there are more WP over the 1% quoted and we just do not provide enough revenue to QF to justify it.
I know that is myself in the case of QF.
What what has been said it is no big loss as I get more than enough advertising material from "The Australian Way".
Old Oct 2, 2008, 3:53 am

Programs: QF WP, Hyatt GP Diamond
Not here in ADL either......
Old Mar 19, 2009, 10:55 pm

Programs: QF WP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*
I got the March edition of Air today - i initially mistook it for one of my wife' s subscriptions.

It had an article on expensive watches and interestingly it only had two car adds, one for Land Rover which has been sold to Tata and sales are down 45% and one for Saab which is about to go bust.
Old Mar 19, 2009, 11:46 pm

Programs: QF-LTS & P, SQ-TPPS, IC-RA, HH-D, *wood G, Others
The cloud pics were the most interesting pages IMHO!
Old Mar 20, 2009, 1:54 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
No Air in NZ, but something is afoot. QF is getting quite a strong reaction from NZ-based premium pax following the jetstarisation announcement.
Old Mar 20, 2009, 4:40 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
No Air in NZ, but something is afoot. QF is getting quite a strong reaction from NZ-based premium pax following the jetstarisation announcement.
Yep just did a survey about my reaction to Jetstar.
With QF gone to JQ I wonder what impact it would have on the QFFFP profitability in NZ?
Also the Dom QP in NZ has to be a big question mark and I honestly doubt they will see the end of the year.
Old Mar 20, 2009, 5:02 pm

Programs: QFF (Gold), Skywards, Rapid Rewards,United, Velocity, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
I did not see any gnashing of teeth or support from NZ when we got jetstarised so not a lot of sympathy here.
Old Mar 20, 2009, 5:13 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Originally Posted by Blackcloud
Also the Dom QP in NZ has to be a big question mark and I honestly doubt they will see the end of the year.
Agree - and sorry for those who will lose their jobs.

I notice the booking engine seems to be giving preference to jetstar flights trans-tasman where they connect easily to longhaul or domestic australian flights.
Old Mar 21, 2009, 8:24 am

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
Hot Air

"Air" how appropriate the name is as the content was all pretty much just that-hot air! I gave mine to my 11 year old niece to cut up and use in a project she had to do. What a waste of effort. Send me an upgrade certificate or the like QF if you really value my custom.

CJ
Old Mar 21, 2009, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF. UA. Avis. AMEX.
I am at nearly 2000 SC year to date (3 months in) however mine hasn't turned up. Obviously QF has read my previous posts on the subject and decided not to send me any more. I am presuming the magazine is self funding with advertising dollars as I would hate to think QF is wasting shareholder cash on such things.
Old Mar 21, 2009, 5:16 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

The equivalent SQ one certainly is self-funded by ads (and likely a profit centre).
The equivalent NZ one is more minimalist - likely the few ads do not pay for it, but purpose is different (special promos for elites).
Old Mar 24, 2009, 9:14 pm
HW

Programs: QF LTG/WP, Various others = way too much flying
A copy of the magazine arrived at home today, I had never heard of it until I tore open the schmancy envelope. A quick Flyertalk search and all was revealed... For what it's worth, there are only about 8 or 9 ads in the whole magazine, the rest is filled with articles on varying topics. And a really cool cloud pic
Old Jun 19, 2009, 11:41 pm

Programs: QF WP (LTG), AA, SPG Gold, IC Plat Amb, Hyatt Plat, HH Gold.
Got the June edition of "AIR" this week - does anyone find it useful at all? Anyone in the market for a Range Rover or Maserati this month?
I think the inflight mag is a much better read.

With the GFC and all I would think that the funds could be better spent on something useful (like some more party pies in the QP!)
Old Jun 20, 2009, 12:08 am

Originally Posted by mattm199
Got the June edition of "AIR" this week - does anyone find it useful at all? Anyone in the market for a Range Rover or Maserati this month?
It's a really useful coffee table mag - it looks pretty and exclusive but has nothing overly interesting in it.

I think the inflight mag is a much better read.
Agreed! I look forward to that at the beginning of each month, sometimes I wish it was Bi-Monthly

With the GFC and all I would think that the funds could be better spent on something useful (like some more party pies in the QP!)
Agreed x 10! More beer snacks!
Old Jun 20, 2009, 2:26 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Perhaps the next AIR could have an article on FF program incentive schemes - what it takes to keep people loyal to a program and how to avoid p!ssing people off as they see those incentives eroded.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.