Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A380 Arrival and Tour Dates

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2009, 2:18 pm

Programs: DJ, QF, SPG, Hilton
To all plane geeks,

I don't know if this occurrence is even rare, but a few weeks I was at the SYD F lounge, I saw 2 of the QF A380s queued up at the gate. I believe it was the A (Nancy Bird-Walton) and C aircrafts. I don't know why they were there, but I snapped some photos.

Up until that day I haven't even seen 1 QF A380 (I've seen the SQ one a few times). The photos aren't professional quality, but I'm happy to share them.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 3:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
I'm actually more interested in knowing the delivery dates so I have a little more faith in the timetable. Geek at times I can be, but in this case, I'm more concerned about the timetable and it's viability, knowing these great motherships whilst fairly reliable can have their moments of weakness.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 4:15 pm

Programs: Qantas FF Bronze
Originally Posted by Traveloguy
Does anyone know when QF receives it's 4th A380 as well as any other future deliveries?
Its been suggested that the 4th A380 should arrive in Australia sometime during the 2nd week of May.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by Traveloguy
Does anyone know when QF receives it's 4th A380 as well as any other future deliveries?
This site is always a seemingly reliable source of A380 information:
Old Feb 21, 2009, 2:47 am

Coming into SYD this afternoon from CNS on QF925 we turned the corner leading down to the gates. After taking the right hand turn into where bays 1 though 9 are, there was an A380 right at the end of the taxi way, just passed Gate 1, to everyones suprise.

Sitting there on an angle almost looking like it was being showed off, very strange.
Old Feb 21, 2009, 4:52 pm

Programs: Qantas FF Bronze
Originally Posted by vecta
Coming into SYD this afternoon from CNS on QF925 we turned the corner leading down to the gates. After taking the right hand turn into where bays 1 though 9 are, there was an A380 right at the end of the taxi way, just passed Gate 1, to everyones suprise.

Sitting there on an angle almost looking like it was being showed off, very strange.
Probably just out getting some sun.
The hangers out the back behind bays 1-9 are where the A380s 'sleep' between their flights.
Old Feb 24, 2009, 2:56 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1MM
I was pleasantly surprised to see a Qantas A380 parked in LAX yesterday. I was in awe to see this beautiful bird. Our aircraft was taxiing to the runway but I was tempted to turn on my iPhone and take a picture... wished I had a digital camera handy. Anyway, was delighted to see this aircraft for the first time.
Old Feb 26, 2009, 8:20 pm

This thread seems to have restarted.

Google is usually my friend, but I'm trying to book a ticket from MEL-LAX the last week of January and I can't find a flight on the QF site that shows A380 equipment. What am I missing?

Edit- I guess this would have helped: http://www.qantas.com.au/info/flying/A380/schedule

Are there zero First Class awards seats on this beast? I spot a J seat or two available...

Last edited by dr freeze; Feb 26, 2009 at 8:28 pm Reason: I'm an idiot....
Old Feb 28, 2009, 8:24 pm

We are going from LAX-MEL-CNS-AYQ-SYD-LAX in June. I started booking flights a few weeks ago and was surprised to find award seats in F for both Transpac legs. I called AAdvantage immediately; the agent was very helpful and also surprised there was availability at this relatively late date. Anyway we scored big time! AYQ-SYD are also award seats in J. We purchased cheap-o seats from MEL-CNS and CNS-AYQ. Hope LAX-MEL on the 388 won't spoil us too badly!
Old Mar 2, 2009, 5:58 am

Programs: BA Blue
Saw one parked mid-afternoon at LAX on January 30th '09. Got a nice photo of it, which I will upload once I get home from work this evening
Old Mar 3, 2009, 4:15 pm

Programs: BA Blue
Oops bit later than I said... but as promised :

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.