Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Upgrading a BA coded flight when operated by Qantas

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2008, 6:55 am
Original Poster

Hiya,

Hoping for some advice. I am trying to book a flight at the moment, and the only return flights that are coming up are BA coded flights, but underneath there is an asterixed message which states that the flight will be operated by Qantas. As a QFF, would I be able to apply for an upgrade on this flight or does my ticket have to be on a QF code?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
AIV
Old Sep 5, 2008, 10:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

You cannot upgrade if you are booked on the codeshare

Dave
Old Sep 5, 2008, 11:03 am

Programs: QF Plat & LTG, VA Plat
Yeah - no chance. needs QF code and metal, sorry.
Old Sep 5, 2008, 5:33 pm

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
Give QF a call. If the flight is on QF metal then QF might be able to manually book you onto the QF flight number.
Old Sep 6, 2008, 5:45 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
If QF cannot sell a ticket I would suggest that your chances of them having upgrade seats available might also be remote, certainly check out the seat availability to give you an idea of your chances!
Old Sep 8, 2008, 6:50 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice everyone. I thought that may be the case. There does seem to be availability on Qantas flights, just at a higher fare. Might just have to bite the bullet!
Old Sep 8, 2008, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by alwaysinvogue
I thought that may be the case. There does seem to be availability on Qantas flights, just at a higher fare. Might just have to bite the bullet!
Be aware upgrade's are very hard to get and without QF status you will well down the upgrade list.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.