QF reliability & changing to V*rgin

Old Aug 7, 08, 12:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF, Golden Circle, Marriott Rewards
QF reliability & changing to V*rgin

As I wait in the lounge for a replacement for QF440, I'm wondering how many FTers have changed to V*rgin just to secure greater reliability, because my experience over the last few months is that the chances of a flight leaving on time seem to be around 40% at best and I'm wondering why I pay full fare for that. and even more and then a few more just in case
Old Aug 7, 08, 1:02 am

I believe that on time performance can vary depending on the circumstances. Virgin had an on time performance rate in April of only 79% but in May did much better at 87%. Qantas in both April and May maintained 81%.

So while the statistics show in May you had a better chance of leaving on time with Virgin, Murphy's Law would of ensured that you were on the 13% of flights that didn't leave on time for changing airlines!!!

Oh and what was your delay for? I'm surprised it hasn't made the news yet!!
Old Aug 7, 08, 1:49 am

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Diamond, Marriot Gold
Only QF850 in the news today

http://www.smh.com.au/news/news/qant...702221441.html
Old Aug 7, 08, 2:35 am

Oh boy... I was going to start a thread but the die hards jump on you for being a whinger!!!...... I have been keeping a record in my last 56 flights which are all on Qlink to CBR I have had 4 ok time !
The on time info is based upon total network so DJ average is much better .. Qantas suck at on time flights and customer service when they are late.. its a guessing game which adds to the frustration.
We have stopped using qantas for international , however domestic they still have the edge with schedule.... oh do wish for anset back....

I actually pen this while experincing another delay in CBR this time its weather ... !!!! clowns!
Old Aug 7, 08, 2:43 am

Qantas Link showed a better OTP than Qantas as they are measured separately. Link had a OTP of 85%.
Old Aug 7, 08, 3:07 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF SG, LH SEN, OZ D+, HH D, SPG P
Originally Posted by Ferrari View Post
Qantas suck at on time flights and customer service when they are late.. its a guessing game which adds to the frustration.
Interesting, it is exactly the opposite of my experience with them. Almost always on time and when they were late excellent in contacting me and deliver information. Including calling me on my mobile in the morning telling me that my flight at lunchtime was delayed by 2 hours.
Old Aug 7, 08, 4:37 am

Location: BNE, Australia...not too far from the nearest Qantas Pub err Club
I actually pen this while experincing another delay in CBR this time its weather ... !!!! clowns!
Paging...God?

Bueller?
Bueller??
BUELLER!
Old Aug 7, 08, 5:27 am

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Gold, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Povo, Golden Circle Povo
And his name is Ferrari!!!!!!!!

Run it in reverse - that will wind the odo back....
Old Aug 7, 08, 5:30 am

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Gold, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Povo, Golden Circle Povo
Well, at least the OP wasn't making his first ever post, and telling us how he was sending his CL card back.....

Both QF and QF Link have been excellent at advising me of delays (and rebooking when necessary - see my current trip report for a fine international example of pre-emptive cancellation management).
Old Aug 7, 08, 5:31 am

See...

What did i say...

"I was going to start a thread but the die hards jump on you for being a whinger!!!."

Miserable airline staffed by miserable employees.

you can pump them up as much as you like, I don't enjoy flying with them.
They are tardy at very best....
Old Aug 7, 08, 6:03 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
... Miserable airline staffed by miserable employees. ...
Someone must be having a bad day in the office!
Old Aug 7, 08, 7:34 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
See...

What did i say...

"I was going to start a thread but the die hards jump on you for being a whinger!!!."

Miserable airline staffed by miserable employees.

you can pump them up as much as you like, I don't enjoy flying with them.
They are tardy at very best....
Well go and fly another airline - you won't be missed.

Dave
Old Aug 7, 08, 7:50 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF SG, LH SEN, OZ D+, HH D, SPG P
Originally Posted by og View Post
Someone must be having a bad day in the office!
Well, Ferrari posted this at 20:31 and I would have had a bad day in the office as well if I'd still be there.

But Ferrari, you are a bit unkind I think. QF is not a miserable airline staffed my miserable employees. Not everything is fantastic there and QF operates similar to LH in the way that they only to as much as is absolutely necessary to get people's loyalty. But it is really not that bad. QF still offers a much better domestic product than most other airlines on this planet.
Old Aug 7, 08, 8:44 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer View Post
Well, Ferrari posted this at 20:31 and I would have had a bad day in the office as well if I'd still be there.

But Ferrari, you are a bit unkind I think. QF is not a miserable airline staffed my miserable employees. Not everything is fantastic there and QF operates similar to LH in the way that they only to as much as is absolutely necessary to get people's loyalty. But it is really not that bad. QF still offers a much better domestic product than most other airlines on this planet.
Actually, I think ALL Australian domestic carriers offer a vastly superior domestic product compared to the rest of the planet (with the possible exception of Tiger, and I haven't flown with them, so I will refrain from commenting either way). Even JQ is better than AA in WHY (apart from the miles earning ability on deep discount fares). We really are lucky here with the quality of our domestic carriers.

Dave
Old Aug 7, 08, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by thadocta View Post
Actually, I think ALL Australian domestic carriers offer a vastly superior domestic product compared to the rest of the planet (with the possible exception of Tiger, and I haven't flown with them, so I will refrain from commenting either way). Even JQ is better than AA in WHY (apart from the miles earning ability on deep discount fares). We really are lucky here with the quality of our domestic carriers.

Dave
Yer, really lucky cause we can choose from, ummm I'm just trying to remember ...oh yer, TWO.

DJ is not much better, except maybe the cabin crew are better looking...!

So, yes, I wished i had more choice so I could fly another airline.

Search this Thread