Wiki Posts
Search

QF reliability & changing to V*rgin

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2008, 9:31 pm
vlt

Programs: QF & PC
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
A couple of years ago I was on an EK flight MEL-AKL that was delayed (with us onboard) for a couple of hours waiting for the ice to defrost.
Must be the same day. Since its big news when Melbourne airport gets frosted in.
Old Aug 12, 2008, 9:34 pm
vlt

Programs: QF & PC
Originally Posted by Ferrari
I have only had 2 delays this year because of the weather, and one of those was last week.
Weather is not an issue.!
So if it isnt weather and looking at the times you fly, it shouldnt be "peak" times, what would it be? Just seems your complaints are based on morning flights.
Old Aug 12, 2008, 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by vlt
So if it isnt weather and looking at the times you fly, it shouldnt be "peak" times, what would it be? Just seems your complaints are based on morning flights.
Example.:- QF 1488 often goes out of service, now, unofficially Qantas consoldated these passengers onto QF 562.
The loads on QF 1488 are normally very low, sometimes 10-20 pass.

The official reason is mechanical..

In the mornings its just tardyness, we have pushed back and sat for 30 mins waiting for ATC.
One of the great ones are incoming aircraft was late...
Geez, CBR is 50mins.

Look, I'm sure Qlink have a few legit ones and I'm fine with it, its just the the way they try and tell you lies.
I would much rather them say, we are crap today sorry.

The real gut ripper is when you check in and they say "we have an earlier flight if you would like it"...Cool, last example 1486 instead of 562.
Then as soon as your in the Lounge 1486 is delayed and goes out 30mins after 562 and you can't get back on 562 cause its full..!
Infact we went out at 5 30.

I was sick!
Old Aug 13, 2008, 6:51 am

So far this week: 4 flights, all arrivals delayed more than 15 minutes. Worst delay 60 minutes. DJ flights at similar times - all arrived within 15 minutes of scheduled arrival times.
Old Aug 18, 2008, 5:37 pm

I found a useful resource for comparing QF and JQ, at least for those of us whose travel is to or from MEL. http://www.melbourneairport.com.au/fids/keySearch.asp

Yesterday was a particularly bad day flying for me, and if I am interpreting the data correctly, for hundreds of other QF flyers:

QF average delay MEL-SYD departures 41 minutes. Six flights delayed more than an hour (11 flights delayed half an hour or more).

JQ average delay MEL-SYD departures 4 minutes. No flights delayed more than an hour (only one delayed more than 30 minutes).
Old Aug 19, 2008, 12:19 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by AUS_MD
JQ average delay MEL-SYD departures 4 minutes. No flights delayed more than an hour (only one delayed more than 30 minutes).
Do you mean DJ? JQ only fly AVV-SYD, except for the very infrequent international connection flight.
Old Aug 19, 2008, 2:05 am

Originally Posted by lokijuh
Do you mean DJ? JQ only fly AVV-SYD, except for the very infrequent international connection flight.
Thanks, yes
Old Aug 19, 2008, 6:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by thadocta
Security issues there - you can't have baggage flying on a different plane than the passenger IF IT WAS THE PASSENGER who orchestrated the situation.
I would suggest that a good case could be made for doing away with this rule. Now that all baggage is screened, much of the risk should have been mitigated.

Additionally, the policy provides no security against the prevailing tactic of those who would do us harm. In fact, it seems they would prefer to be on the same plane as their baggage.
Old Aug 19, 2008, 7:01 pm

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
It's not likely to do much against a dude under the threshold in a combi with an RPG.....
Old Aug 19, 2008, 7:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by shillard
It's not likely to do much against a dude under the threshold in a combi with an RPG.....
Yes, and that. Thank you Shillard.
Old Aug 19, 2008, 8:28 pm

And yet another delay.

QF 1463 Cancelled, no reason given, all pushed on to 1467 at 8.45.

8.35 boarding in the gate, no Qantas staff to be seen, they causally arrived at 8.50, mess around for a bit got the planed loaded as 9.15, wheels up at 9.40.

55 mins late.!.... quick flight to CBR, no contact from the flight deck, no reason no apologies nada zip!...

Beautiful day in CBR so its not the weather, may be cancer was not in line with Capricorn...

So, makes me annoyed, I should just lower my expectations, but how low can i go.

Qantas.... All of the rights, none of the obligations!
Old Aug 19, 2008, 8:59 pm

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
Have you tried burying a spud during a full moon?
Old Aug 19, 2008, 9:26 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by Ferrari
QF 1463 Cancelled, no reason given, all pushed on to 1467 at 8.45.
[/B]
Sounds like booking on the 737 service QF803 is the safer bet - especially as it is a BA code-share. It was on-time today (20 min before the cancelled Crash8 flight).

Poor form to have no cabin announcement, but then again I've been on SYD-ABX flights where the cabin announcement has only happened well after we have cruised past CBR - so the workload up front may have been too much to allow for this.
Old Aug 19, 2008, 10:50 pm

Programs: QF Plat & LTG, VA Plat
I note that BA are giving 5k points to certain of their top-tier members when a flight pushes back 15+ mins late. I wonder how much QF would have to payout if they did the same for all their plats...
Old Aug 20, 2008, 12:21 am

Originally Posted by justin_krusty
I note that BA are giving 5k points to certain of their top-tier members when a flight pushes back 15+ mins late. I wonder how much QF would have to payout if they did the same for all their plats...

Like I say....

All of the rights none of the obligations

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.