Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qantas Partner Flight

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2008, 9:53 pm
Original Poster

Qantas Partner Flight

My son is flying Sydney to Istanbul (and on to Gaziantep) and return. Flew QF metal to Singapore, then flies various Turkish airline flights after that, until returning via Bangkok.

Looking at his bookings at the Qantas site (under his FF account). I noticed that the TK flights had a purple triangle, which was labelled "Qantas partner flight" in the key below.

Now this has me confused as TK is Star Alliance, not one world, nor is it listed in the list of Qantas partner airlines that I have seen.

So does this actually mean anything in terms of earning status credits or points, or is it just information?
Old Jul 29, 2008, 12:15 am

Programs: QF Plat, BD*S, Hertz 5
Did his flight has a QF flight number?

Under the partner table TK is not listed but I know you earn points and SC's on Air France from SIN to CDG as a code share.
Old Jul 29, 2008, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
It's simply a web site limitation, if not QF, JQ, Jetconnect, onewolrd etc, the site simply uses this symbol.
Old Jul 29, 2008, 12:37 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
It doesn't mean anything. I've seen NZ with the same QF partner symbol on a mixed NZ/QF ticket.
Old Jul 29, 2008, 1:00 am
Original Poster

Thanks. I suspected it wouldn't mean any extra points/status, but one can always be greedy and hope.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.