A380 Interiors

Old May 16, 2008, 10:26 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Mrs Poppleton
Good grief. Those interior colours are the devil's work. I won't be rushing to visit my grandchildren in Cairns on that bird.
You're not the only one.
Old May 18, 2008, 12:30 am
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
Originally Posted by thadocta
How about eight hours in a Caribou? (Including ten minutes in seat 0L!) Richmond-Orange-Dubbo-Narromine-(refuel)-Wagga-Canberra-Richmond.

PM me if you want the details, including why I was sitting in the left seat on the flight deck, as a 15 year old CDTCPL.

Dave
Come on Dave - Don't exaggerate. We all know a Caribou could not make that routing in 8 hours. The Caribou is the only aircraft to suffer bird strikes from behind .
Old May 18, 2008, 12:33 am
NM

Originally Posted by spotwelder
... 15 hours on the cabin crew jumpseat on a 757 with no padding, no IFE etc.
Must have been one of those -ER models with the extra fuel tanks - or you were delayed on the ground for a long time. but even 10 hours under such conditions would be enough to change my opinion of travel .
Old May 18, 2008, 4:48 am

Programs: QFF WP :-0, AC, FlyBuys, Porter's Liquor Store, Mother's Helper
This has been a masterstroke by Qantas. We have always bemoaned the way Qantas have waited and followed in innovation and now we have it.

In creating a Why cabin in eucalyptus green, Qantas have effectively managed to clear the air for those more able to afford travel in the premium cabins. Less people in Why means the air will be that much breathable for us up front. The rear cabin will eventually be filled with cargo of a less demanding nature - picture cargo satchels and boxes of coking coal taking the place of pesky passengers.

This will leave the FA's free to attend the anointed ones up front without disturbance. Come-on, didn't you see that picture of the snack bar, empty and bereft of even a pretzel with a FA standing guard? This is more about vertical cargo handling than public speak. She was no FA she is a ground handler sorting out the express post packages that QF will be parachuting en-route.

Now if we can all calm down and enjoy our pre-flight champers and amuse buche.
Old May 18, 2008, 5:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver

... then again ...

Mother surely would be happy the masses were appeased ! (well at least in the sense that she would be sure this was the case since no one would have the temerity to advise her otherwise.)
Old May 18, 2008, 5:50 pm
NM

Ahh, now I understand. More tutors available for this learned ones studying business in the salmon pink seats .
Old May 19, 2008, 2:32 pm

A380

Does anyone know what route the A380 will be used on?
Old May 19, 2008, 3:12 pm

Programs: QF PS, NZ Silver
Originally Posted by cinderwold
Does anyone know what route the A380 will be used on?
The first two aircraft will be used on MEL --> LAX initially. Later aircraft will be used on the Kangaroo route.
Old May 20, 2008, 9:29 pm

Programs: QFF WP :-0, AC, FlyBuys, Porter's Liquor Store, Mother's Helper
Originally Posted by NM
Ahh, now I understand. More tutors available for this learned ones studying business in the salmon pink seats .
You are so clever Nelly :-:. I worked in a Club for "older women" once and many of the rooms were painted salmon pink - yeah I know, vomit inducing stuff. It was all designed by a very well respected designer whom argued that pink is a colour that makes women look younger.

I kid you not, you could see those zimmer frames rippling up the axminster such was the effect once they entered the club. Of course it was all smoke and mirrors. Oh, and there was another trick. The mirrors in the powder rooms were all holographed with images of Grace Kelly so all the members thought they looked fabulous.

So there you go, we all understand now why great aunt Marjory wears that shockingly bright pink lippy with the exaggerated lip line. I thought she was Mother's sister.

Last edited by GoldFlyer; May 20, 2008 at 9:38 pm
Old May 21, 2008, 3:34 am

The story continues:

Qantas' luxury Airbus fails to take off
http://www.news.com.au/travel/story/...014090,00.html

Readers' Comments: Qantas' luxury Airbus fails to take off
http://www.news.com.au/comments/0,23...014090,00.html
Old May 21, 2008, 6:14 pm

Programs: QFF (Gold), Skywards, Rapid Rewards,United, Velocity, Hilton Silver
Now what did I last wear when flying on QF (always in Y) Why because I do not have the juice to fly J or F

Tan trackie pants but they were NIKE

A burnt umber polo neck shirt (generic kmart) and my ASICS cross trainers

Now the seats were blue. What a clash. I certainly would have blended in nicely with that new "GREEN".
Old May 21, 2008, 10:18 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP
Originally Posted by Singapore_Air
The story continues:

Qantas' luxury Airbus fails to take off
http://www.news.com.au/travel/story/...014090,00.html

Readers' Comments: Qantas' luxury Airbus fails to take off
http://www.news.com.au/comments/0,23...014090,00.html
There realy are some hilarious comments in there:

Lowest level of service <- hmm guess they havent flown JQ or Tiger
Paid millions for the desighn <- glad to know some of the readers have inside knowledge of the cost structure of the A380 design
f Qantas service in economy lives up to its current standard then flying in the A380 will be like flying in an army hercules plane. <- Been in a few military aircraft, don't recall many inseat TVs and free bar
The outside looks absolutely hideous. <- Enough said
Old May 21, 2008, 11:14 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
There seem to be a laughable number of people who don't understand the concept of an undercoat

Think there was also a comment that the biz class floor (covered in plastic) looked horrible
Old May 22, 2008, 1:14 am

The green isn't as bad as it looks - lets move on - what I saw today certainly didn't look that bad and with bums in seats you won't even see the green. The other two colours for economy are the red like in the seats in the Qantas museum and the other colour not yet seen is a brown like colour.

The A380 will be a great aircraft to be a passenger on. I think some of the reactions here are a bit over the top based on a few crappy press photos in what is obviously an unfinished cabin.

And the green is staying and I'm glad. It actually looks quite nice
Old May 22, 2008, 3:20 am

Just out of interest, without naming the users this is what you all had to say back when the products were released. You'd think they had released an entirely different product based on some comments here.

Also to note the onboard lounge looks awesome. It's located in forward, right hand side of the upper deck. The economy seats do recline slightly into the person behind you, but like CX the seats also slide forward.

Originally Posted by User
Great looking F and J products on the A380, as well as nice looking Y+ seating.

Not too bad flying fully flat J to SYD....or even maybe in F.

^ ^ to QF. Can't wait to fly them again.
A well done to the team at QF!
Looking forward to trying out the new product on the A380 - should be interesting to say the least!!
There seems to be a lot of positive feedback on QF's "enhancements" (used in the positive sense here).
Overall, I am pretty impressed with the new products

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.