Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A380 Interiors

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2008, 9:17 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
people seem to be assuming that the entire Y cabin is going to be green. I would not be surprised to see different Y sections in different colours. So if you don't like the green seats, ask for seating in a section of another colour. Of course the trick will be to know which sections are which colours.

This was posted by Flying Fox over at AFF recently as a quote from a Herald Sun media story:
On show are the reds of the soil in the outback, the burnt amber of ripening wheat, the green of coastal pastures, the chocolate of the mountains and the taupe tones of our endless coast.
Or perhaps F is the chocolate mountains (i.e. boring brown), J is the outback soil (i.e. poofy pink), economy is for grazing cattle (i.e. the grass is greener on the other side), leaving premium economy to smoked chaff .
Old May 14, 2008, 10:29 pm

Programs: QFF Gold, Velocity + Miles & More
Its a total shocker! I was expecting good things but it all looks like a nursing home from 1960s Russia. I was expecting QF to raise the bar with the A380 and this does not look good. I am flying the SQ A380 next week I hope this is way ahead of what I have seen from QF.
Old May 14, 2008, 10:32 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
And it is clear from at least two of the pictures (albeit in small sections) that there are a number of different coloured sections

Photo 5 (the green photo) - cabin behind appears to be a browny-red (burnt amber?)
Photo 6 (self-serve bar) - cabin in front appears to be brown (chocolate?)

Link (again) to the photos:
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/gal...6020-1,00.html
Old May 14, 2008, 11:15 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
I'm interested to know how Qantas will ration out the economy snacks from the self service section. I wouldn't be surprised if they get hoarded at the beginning of the flight so that there is nothing left by the end of the flight.
Old May 14, 2008, 11:18 pm

It will probably be the same as the current J class bars in which the snacks are not brought out until after the meal service.
Old May 14, 2008, 11:24 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Even so, there is probably 8 hrs between meal services on the LHR and LAX flights. I wonder if there is going to be a mad rush after the meal service, just like when the good stuff comes out at a buffet.
Old May 14, 2008, 11:30 pm

99% of passengers eat their Snack on Q bag contents straight away so this probably won't be any different. Once it's gone it's gone!
Old May 15, 2008, 12:11 am

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
A snack bar in Y is going to be more trouble than it's worth.
As for the 'mucus/sugrical drape' green..it's pretty horrid to say the least..of all the hues on the colour spectrum Marc Newson is his divine 'design' wisdom chose that???

Mt 2 cents
CJ
Old May 15, 2008, 1:05 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by Cedar Jet
A snack bar in Y is going to be more trouble than it's worth.
Why? Seemed to work okay for SQ A345 ultralonghaul flights.
Old May 15, 2008, 2:37 am

Programs: Hertz PC, QF Plat, Velocity Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by sxc
I'm interested to know how Qantas will ration out the economy snacks from the self service section. I wouldn't be surprised if they get hoarded at the beginning of the flight so that there is nothing left by the end of the flight.
Yep have to agree on this, I hope to be on the A380 in January MEL-LAX.

The "typical" economy class passenger will eat most of the snacks and/or take them all back to their seat
Old May 15, 2008, 2:38 am

Programs: Hertz PC, QF Plat, Velocity Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by eoinnz
It will probably be the same as the current J class bars in which the snacks are not brought out until after the meal service.
Yes but a J class passenger is used to free snacks/drinks at the airport lounge bar etc etc

For others who are not used to it, it will be a open slather
Old May 15, 2008, 4:01 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
Originally Posted by NM
people seem to be assuming that the entire Y cabin is going to be green. I would not be surprised to see different Y sections in different colours. So if you don't like the green seats, ask for seating in a section of another colour. Of course the trick will be to know which sections are which colours.

This was posted by Flying Fox over at AFF recently as a quote from a Herald Sun media story:

Or perhaps F is the chocolate mountains (i.e. boring brown), J is the outback soil (i.e. poofy pink), economy is for grazing cattle (i.e. the grass is greener on the other side), leaving premium economy to smoked chaff .
I am convinced, these designers are on drugs.......

and not panadol...
Old May 15, 2008, 4:03 am

Programs: QF WP, Starwood Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by AndDee
Business - Nice, but an AC/NZ/DL suite would be nicer, but that won't happen for as long as QF has a first class cabin
Why ? I'd much much rather have a forward facing seat. QF dedicates far more room per seat in this layout than any of the herringbone layouts.
Old May 15, 2008, 4:45 am

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ozzie
Why ? I'd much much rather have a forward facing seat. QF dedicates far more room per seat in this layout than any of the herringbone layouts.
I'm going to agree with you on this as it is always nice to have the opportunity to look out the window without having book an appointment at the physio to repair all the damage afterwards as you do with the DL/AC/NZ/VS design. The only downside to the QF design is the potential issue of climbing over your seat mate.
Old May 15, 2008, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by AndDee
Yes but a J class passenger is used to free snacks/drinks at the airport lounge bar etc etc

For others who are not used to it, it will be a open slather
Just because people are not in J doesn't mean they don't have access to the lounge. A good proportion of economy passengers are status members with lounge access on top of those who purchase a Qantas club memberships.

Besides economy passengers are free to all the snacks and drinks they want now. They simply ask, and will still be able to ask on the A380 or help themselves.

Like Kiwiflyer said it works well on the SQ A345 so why won't it work with Qantas. Also remember there are FOUR of these self service bars.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.