747-300 Business Class Seats

Old May 8, 2008, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA, DL, CO, UA, F9, AS, SPG, HHonors Gold, WN, Club Carlson Gold,
747-300 Business Class Seats

Are the Business seats on the 747-300 not Skybeds?

Reason I ask is that I am on QF26 (LAX-AKL-MEL) in Business in November which is currently scheduled as a 2 class 747-400, and I read that sometimes this flight is a 3 class aircraft used as a 2 class, and sometimes an A330, and sometimes a 747-300. What's the deal, why so many changes on this flight? And, if it's a 747-300 does that mean I don't get the Skybed? Thanks.

Last edited by swdke; May 8, 2008 at 11:51 am
Old May 8, 2008, 11:50 am

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by swdke
Are the Business seats on the 747-300 not Skybeds?

Reason I ask is that I am on QF26 (LAX-AKL-MEL) in Business in November which is currently scheduled as a 747-400, and I read that sometimes this flight is a 3 class aircraft used as a 2 class, and sometimes an A330, and sometimes a 747-300. What's the deal, why so many changes on this flight? And, if it's a 747-300 does that mean I don't get the Skybed? Thanks.
No. 743s feature Dreamtime seats.

I suspect the change in aircraft is likely due to late arrival of A380 aircraft. QF have stated on several occasions that they will operate MEL-LAX services with the A380 as the first proper commercial service with the new aircraft.

QF have a real shortage of aircraft at the moment so expect these sorts of aircraft swaps frequently until new aircraft come on stream.
Old May 8, 2008, 12:58 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
QF25/26 seems to be the route they change a/c on first if there is a need. I'm guessing it is partly due to load and yield, partly due to there being other alternatives for pax if the a/c change results in lower capacity (eg move some pax to NZ or put them on flights via SYD or NAN or the MEL-LAX nonstop instead).

It really is a bit of a lottery as to what you get in terms of a/c.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.