QANTAS - just brilliant!!

Old Sep 23, 2008, 7:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP LTG, HHonors Diamond, NZ Gold
QANTAS - just brilliant!!

Was a little concerned this morning to receive a text that my QF29 to HKG tonight had been delayed 4hrs+ - apparently a typhoon near HKG is wrecking havoc.

This meant I was likely to miss my connx onto AY for HKG-HEL, there was the added complication of having onward HEL-MAN on separate ticket.

Called my TA who has spoken with QF - QF also called me direct to confirm: I'm now on 29 all the way to LHR and then BA up to MAN. I was half expecting QF to insist they book me through to HEL and I'd have to sort of HEL-MAN myself.

Brilliant work QF/AY ^ - shows what can be done within a true alliance. Just hope I don't spill any G&T close to HKG!!

BD
Old Sep 23, 2008, 8:28 pm

Programs: DL Plat, NZ Elite, QF Plat
Glad that you had a good experience!

It always is good to hear the stories of when QF (or any other airline for that matter) actually do something nice/easily sort out problems that they don't necessarily have to.
Old Sep 24, 2008, 1:54 am

Programs: QF Plat & LTG; A3*A Gold; Avianca LM; Velocity; IHG Platinum, Accor All
Nice to hear

Nice to hear your positive story BD1959. ^

I often take that combination of flights myself (QF/AY via HKG to HEL, then onwards), so I will keep your experience in mind for future reference.

Can I ask, was the airfare purchased via AY or QF (I usually use the AY D class fare as much lower $$).

Cheers for tonight.

tb
Old Sep 24, 2008, 2:46 am

Programs: DJ Velocity, Skywards
Hi there

In 2006 i had these sectors booked :

MEL-SYD (QF Paid)
SYD-CNS-SIN (QF Award)
SIN-HEL-LHR (AY Paid)
on return
MAN-LHR (BA Paid)
LHR-HEL-SIN (AY Paid)
SIN-ADL (QF Award)
ADL-MEL (QF Paid)

All legs were on seperate tickets, got checked thru MEL-LHR out & MAN-MEL on the return no problems.

Also the check in chick at MAN noticed i had achieved AA PLAT on the the flights to the UK and gave me a couple of terraces invites (one for MAN & one for LHR) Said i would have see the the AY dragon at HEL for access there, I got in the lounge at HEL and also got a Y-J upgrade HEL-SIN

One World worked for me on this trip^

Cheers
vflyer
Old Sep 24, 2008, 6:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP LTG, HHonors Diamond, NZ Gold
Originally Posted by tallboy
Nice to hear your positive story BD1959. ^

I often take that combination of flights myself (QF/AY via HKG to HEL, then onwards), so I will keep your experience in mind for future reference.

Can I ask, was the airfare purchased via AY or QF (I usually use the AY D class fare as much lower $$).

Cheers for tonight.

tb
Hi TB,

Thanks for the wishes - sat in QC MEL drinking the fizz!!

The original tickets appear to have been issued by AY - initially they were a Y/J/Y combo but I wanted the SC for HEL/MAN and so upgraded that leg using a separate ticket. My points upgrade MEL/HKG has come through, too.

Looks like QF have repositioned a plane for tonight, original delayed dep of 03:15 has been brought fwd to 01:00 - and the inbound (which would normally service this flight) is now not due until 04:00am.

Happy camper, here!!

BD

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.