Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Qantas keeps it head low in the news lately

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qantas keeps it head low in the news lately

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2014, 7:57 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by QF WP
It wasn't ALL bad news from yesterdays' announcement:
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/w...cc444dcc3e7061
That's the first time I have read that slant on the story. But then again, a true politician can tell you to go to hell and you then look forward to the journey.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 8:16 pm
Original Poster

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Call me a conspiracy theorist , but why was this article put in todays' paper when the writers trip to DXB was a few months ago.

Soften the blow from yesterday?? Put some good news back on the table? Hmmm...
Old Feb 28, 2014, 4:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Has anyone got a spare QF sick bag? I think I could use one right now.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 4:34 am

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
Wondering what the chances of industrial action are? It could be an interesting situation, as history shows that the CEO isn't interested in whether the company's planes fly or not.
Old Feb 28, 2014, 8:11 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/21753686/...n-los-angeles/

[quote]

Two Qantas planes have clipped wings while being towed out of a hangar in Los Angeles, causing the cancellation of two flights back to Australia.

No passengers were on board when the wing tips of an A380 and B747 came into contact at about 9pm LA time, Qantas said on Friday.

The damage was substantial enough to force the cancellation of flight QF94 to Melbourne and QF16 to Brisbane.

Customers have been put up in hotels and will be placed on the next available flights.

[unquote]
Old Mar 1, 2014, 12:56 am
Suspended

Programs: Too many to list
Interesting read on qantas

http://www.smh.com.au/business/aviat...228-33rax.html
Old Mar 1, 2014, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
That was a good piece - thank you.
Old Mar 1, 2014, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Amazing read.^
Old Mar 1, 2014, 4:36 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
Originally Posted by Globaliser
That was a good piece - thank you.
+1 Maybe these guys could also write an investigative piece for all three of the US's legacy carriers! Those would also be amazing reads, also!
Old Mar 1, 2014, 4:39 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, UA Silver, Marriott + SPG Gold, Global Entry
Originally Posted by boss315
+1 Maybe these guys could also write an investigative piece for all three of the US's legacy carriers! Those would also be amazing reads, also!
+1. So much disappointing news out of the legacy carriers this week.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 1:17 am

Programs: Qantas, Star Alliance, Emirates
As a frequent flyer with average 350,000 miles per year (since 1995), a premium member of 4 FF programmes and an Australian I have my own view of Qantas, As a Melbourne based flyer I just hate the Sydney transfer. It’s just so makeshift and dysfunctional, especially inwards. I much prefer to make a seamless transfer in a properly set up international hub such as Dubai or Singapore. It’s always easy for me to make a decision to change airlines whenever I am offered a transfer through Sydney.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 3:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Sadly that piece immediately lost a lot of creditability to me when it refers to Geoff Dixon so much.

The bulk of that share slide came under Geoff Dixon.

Look at the graph at the top - AJ did not take over until the later 2008.

There was a massive run-up to9 the share price due to the failed APA takeover bid...

Airline Partners Australia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here's a pertinent quotation:
Margaret Jackson (Chairman) said the proposal provided an attractive premium for Qantas shareholders, being 33 percent higher than the closing share price of $4.20 on 6 November 2006, the day before the first speculation about the offer; and 61 percent above Qantas' volume weighted average share price of $3.48 over the six months to that date.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 9:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Pictures of the A380 and 747 damage from their tug assisted bingle in LAX.

http://www.smh.com.au/travel/travel-...301-33so3.html

Why Steve Purvinas feels the needs to swear is beyond me??
Old Mar 2, 2014, 9:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PunterX
As a frequent flyer with average 350,000 miles per year (since 1995), a premium member of 4 FF programmes and an Australian I have my own view of Qantas, As a Melbourne based flyer I just hate the Sydney transfer. It’s just so makeshift and dysfunctional, especially inwards. I much prefer to make a seamless transfer in a properly set up international hub such as Dubai or Singapore. It’s always easy for me to make a decision to change airlines whenever I am offered a transfer through Sydney.
I think a lot of us have the same feeling about SYD - connect in MEL is my first preference
Old Mar 2, 2014, 10:20 pm

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by QF WP
I think a lot of us have the same feeling about SYD - connect in MEL is my first preference
I avoid SYD whenever possible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.