Community
Wiki Posts
Search

For those new to the QF board....

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2004, 7:52 am

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
FT QP corners...updated

ADL - go up the escalator, through the doors, veer slightly left after the CS Desk, past the Bar and turn left to the seating area there. Importantly, we are near the Bar ^

CBR - go up the escalator from Security, turn left into the QP, past the Reception Desk, turn right and walk to the end and turn right. Walk past the Bar and turn left into the seating in the corner. That's the FT corner .

SYD T2 - thadocta, you and I christened that one but my recollection of which way to turn etc is a bit rusty. I remember it was the seating looking out onto the tarmac, with the Bar behind us and to our left (importantly, within sight and easy saunter :-: ).

PER - up the escalator, in past the Reception Desk and turn left. Opposite the Business Centre, turn right and head to the window (looking out on the tarmac) and find the chairs next to the window. A little further to the Bar, but not much
Old Oct 30, 2004, 3:37 am

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald); QF Lifestime Silver; BD Diamond Club Gold (*A Gold)
Lightbulb

How about adding a bluffer's guide to award seat redemptions (including what to do if there's no award seating showing up in your favoured booking class) and the multitude of posts than turn up regularly on this board re UG waitlisting.
Old Jan 23, 2005, 5:24 pm

Programs: OnePass Gold, Hilton Platinum
Originally Posted by willyroo
Dave - OK - how many beers do I owe you?

Your merest whim is my greatest ambition.

Meanwhile back to the topic at hand?
Old Jan 23, 2005, 5:25 pm

Programs: OnePass Gold, Hilton Platinum
Back to the topic

There was a topic at hand?
Old Aug 15, 2006, 1:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Lightbulb

May need to revise parts of this thread; certainly for the new the ADL FT corner and any other changes that have occurred.
Old Aug 21, 2007, 5:32 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP
Originally Posted by serfty
May need to revise parts of this thread; certainly for the new the ADL FT corner and any other changes that have occurred.
Sorry to bump this but given the new F lounges in SYD - is there an updated FT corner.

Similarly is there a definitive list of FT corners around the world now? Again given new lounges all over the plaace. A number of searches on the topic have been about as bountiful as Broken Hill on a dry day
Old Aug 22, 2007, 1:06 am

Programs: QFF WP :-0, AC, FlyBuys, Porter's Liquor Store, Mother's Helper
Originally Posted by simongr
Sorry to bump this but given the new F lounges in SYD - is there an updated FT corner.

Similarly is there a definitive list of FT corners around the world now? Again given new lounges all over the plaace. A number of searches on the topic have been about as bountiful as Broken Hill on a dry day
Shouldn't that be plAAce?
Old Aug 23, 2007, 7:05 am

Programs: AA P, QFPM, EYG, HH D, PC PA
The desk agent commented on my last stop at the AC lounge at LAX that there were more QF FF in the lounge than AA! Maybe they just notice because we have drinks vouchers to use.
Old Aug 23, 2007, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by flyingzzzd's
The desk agent commented on my last stop at the AC lounge at LAX that there were more QF FF in the lounge than AA! Maybe they just notice because we have drinks vouchers to use.
It shouldn't be an issue with them even though it is a FL. QF showed AA how to build a proper lounge and invested heavily so financially to ensure T4 was at a standard acceptable to their members or those flying with them - don't you love diversity? I'm sure many AA FF are at least a slight bit curious about why those on QF flights get free drinks whilst they have to pay, and perhaps it will eventually bring them some enlightenment in relation to service and privilege that even the great US of A could learn from.

That there are two separate airlines with different offerings is not QF's concern. They (QF) are there to look after their pax in the way they are accustomed, and AA are there providing the pretzels, cheese cubes and PAYG drinks to their FF members. And despite cultural and service standards, AA will have to just cop it on the chin in this regard or lift their game.

Last edited by GoldFlyer; Aug 23, 2007 at 8:02 am
Old Jan 2, 2008, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Hmm ... I just noticed that PG (Partner Gold WP Level) is not listed in post #1 here ...
Old Feb 9, 2008, 1:09 am

Great thread guys! Newb to FT here - will try and catch up with some of you at a QP soon!
Old Feb 10, 2008, 2:36 am

Mr Squiggle = "~" x4 QF metal segments per member year to retain status.
Old Feb 10, 2008, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
Wirelessly posted (Blackberry 8800: BlackBerry8800/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/179)

Originally Posted by GoldFlyer
Mr Squiggle = "~" x4 QF metal segments per member year to retain status.
It actually remind me of a frazzled confused mouth..."But I fly all the time, why won't you renew my membership" at least that's the case for us expats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.