Community
Wiki Posts
Search

For those new to the QF board....

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2004, 12:39 am

Programs: QFF WP :-0, AC, FlyBuys, Porter's Liquor Store, Mother's Helper
QP Lounge Hot Spots

An update on these would be handy. I take it that at SYD T3 it's the far left cnr overlooking the runway and close to the bar area?

Now Mother is a special adaptation to the QF Forum. Her words of wisdom and uncanny ability to slice through the thickest debate even from nay higher than 30.000ft is remarkable. I put it down to spirit, uality.
Old Apr 29, 2004, 10:25 am
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci
FT corners....

SYD T3 - as you enter the lounge, go straight ahead until you hit the windows (almost). Turn left, and walk as far as you can, again until you hit the windows (almost). You will now be in the new sction, polished wooden flooring. Turn right, and THAT corner is the FT corner.

BNE - turn left as you enter, go past th bar and the food, until you get to the new section. Turn right, and go as far as you can to the end. THAT is the FT corner.

MEL - after going through reception, turn RIGHT, and then left. Go right to the very end, the corner overlooking the international terminal. THAT is the FT corner.

(Now all we need is FT corners in CBR, SYD T2, ADL and PER).

Dave

(willyroo, this still needs a stickie, to explain to newbies why we have those codes).
Old Apr 29, 2004, 3:23 pm

Programs: QFF WP :-0, AC, FlyBuys, Porter's Liquor Store, Mother's Helper
Now Dave,

Those directions for SYD T3 sound like instructions for the three blind mice. Appropriate perhaps. The great T3 rat run.
Old Apr 29, 2004, 4:01 pm
Vik

Great idea to make this thread a stickie. @:-)

For someone new to this message board it was great to find a post that explained a lot of what was being said.

Vik
Old Apr 29, 2004, 6:47 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by GoldFlyer
Now Dave,

Those directions for SYD T3 sound like instructions for the three blind mice. Appropriate perhaps. The great T3 rat run.
Lets just say that the rat run gets you as near as possible to the corner over Gate 7.
Old Apr 29, 2004, 8:26 pm

Programs: qf wp
Originally Posted by thadocta
(Now all we need is FT corners in CBR, SYD T2, ADL and PER).
PER doesn't really have accessable corners... if you start with the provisio that it must be near the bar, they only have the open plan big communual table near the big screen, or just the open plan tub chair area in the rest of the area. There used to be a nice alcove, but that is now the work desk/computer area.

So I think the answer for PER is anywhere near the bar that you can get a seat!
Old Jul 27, 2004, 10:22 am
In Memoriam
Original Poster

*bump*

Thought it deserved a bump, so that our new visitors would know what we are talking about.

Dave
Old Aug 26, 2004, 9:10 pm

Programs: DJ, QF, SPG, Hilton
*BUMP*

You guys didn't say 'please' when you asked for this thread to be a sticky.

Our glorious leader,

Can we have this thread made as a sticky please?
Old Aug 28, 2004, 3:11 pm
In Memoriam
Original Poster

A "please" seems to be what it takes...

Oh thank you oh great and illustrious ruler of the QF forum, your wisdom and virtue have once again shown forth in this decision by your great and noble self to make this thread a "stickie" in this forum.

All hail to the great and mighty willyroo.

Dave
Old Aug 28, 2004, 10:49 pm

Programs: DJ, QF, SPG, Hilton
Thank you, O Glorious Leader!
Old Aug 29, 2004, 3:42 am

Location: BNE, Australia...not too far from the nearest Qantas Pub err Club
Originally Posted by thadocta
Oh thank you oh great and illustrious ruler of the QF forum, your wisdom and virtue have once again shown forth in this decision by your great and noble self to make this thread a "stickie" in this forum.

All hail to the great and mighty willyroo.

Dave
Dave - OK - how many beers do I owe you?

Your merest whim is my greatest ambition.

Meanwhile back to the topic at hand?
Old Aug 29, 2004, 4:38 am
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Might hold you to that, maybe in the next week or two at a QP near you.

The NSWPS have graciously given me a weeks annual leave, coinciding nicely with two days off AND an RDO before the annual leave, along with two days off at the end of it, amounting to twelve days off.

Am madly shopping around for some cheap flights, and BrisVegas may be a possible destination.

Will have to pop up to SIN for some tennis stuff during that time, and Tennis Australia are graciously forking out for a J fare, so can't complain there.

Will let you know, and then it will be your shout at the BNE QP. Followed by NM. Followed by QF WP. Followed by Bundy Bear. And so on...

Dave
Old Aug 30, 2004, 1:37 am

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Wink One HP coming up

thadocta, great to hear that they let you off the leash for a holiday. I'll gladly shout you a HP at the QP. Now, just tell me the dates (with some notice, please) so I can ensure that I'm around...have things on most weekends until 15/16 October....
Old Sep 12, 2004, 12:11 am

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Seating plans - QF configs

As I couldn't find this anywhere else, thought I would give the link for the QF seating plans

...as I'm on the phone challenging a QF CSA at present - he is saying that nobody can be pre-allocated exit rows (not even Plats)...so rather than waste time listening to QF on-hold music

and an update 13/09/04 1.35pm...courtesy of one of my favourite CSA's on the Platinum Desk (who's father is a CL), Platinums (and anyone else on the same reloc) can pre-allocate. Everyone in the reloc is "seen" as a Plat, so the only ones who can trump us are CL's...

Last edited by QF WP; Sep 12, 2004 at 9:24 pm
Old Sep 27, 2004, 7:41 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by QF WP
and an update 13/09/04 1.35pm...courtesy of one of my favourite CSA's on the Platinum Desk (who's father is a CL), Platinums (and anyone else on the same reloc) can pre-allocate. Everyone in the reloc is "seen" as a Plat, so the only ones who can trump us are CL's...
Don't know if anyone has come across this before, but a word of warning for the WP's who've been pre-allocated exit rows - checking in on connecting flights can be a problem.

When I checked in for my SA flight from CPT-JNB, I wanted to through check luggage to MEL on QF, which was no problems - in fact I was even issued BP's for all sectors - but in the process the SA agent could not allocate me into my pre-allocated seat as it was blocked. A quick call back to premium desk in Aus, showed that the seat I was after was indeed already allocated - to me! The instructions were to get the SA agent to off-load me and get the BP's in JNB. However the damage was already done, and when I turned up at JNB my seat had gone. Luckily though another exit row was free so I managed to score a seat there instead.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.