Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Citibank Referrals - ex WBC et al thread

Citibank Referrals - ex WBC et al thread

Old Aug 26, 04, 10:22 pm

Programs: QF Platinum
go on then...

WP - got any of those forms left?

This Citybank card - must be better than my current ANZ Qantas Gold?? Any advice most welcome
Old Aug 27, 04, 5:36 pm

Post referral forms

Originally Posted by RPS01
WP - got any of those forms left?

This Citybank card - must be better than my current ANZ Qantas Gold?? Any advice most welcome
If WP doesn't have any, I've got 2 silver/gold and 1 plat referral forms if anyone wants them. The points will be handy so that we can take the four kiddies on the family holiday we're saving up for.
Just pm or email me.
Old Aug 29, 04, 5:28 pm
Original Poster

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Gold, QF Silver (92.8% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond, SPG, PC. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Red face

RPS01, as Sydney got in first and if you are already in contact, then I'll let things lie. I was away for the weekend (first wedding aniversary ), so was busy making Mrs QF WP happy...
Old Aug 29, 04, 6:03 pm

Programs: QF Platinum
very nice QF WP - coincidentally my 6th anniversary yesterday. How time flies...
Old Aug 29, 04, 6:32 pm

Programs: SQ Gold, MH Gold
Maybe I received the wrong info... but when I called Cb I was advised as a platinum cardholder that I would receive 10k points wheather I refered a silver, gold or platium cardholder. The letter with the referral forms also said 10k per card..... something to look at?
Old Aug 29, 04, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by QF WP
RPS01, as Sydney got in first and if you are already in contact, then I'll let things lie. I was away for the weekend (first wedding aniversary ), so was busy making Mrs QF WP happy...
Hey, Congrats QF WP. It's all smooth sailing from here on.
Then when the kids come, you'll both have a real ball.
Old Nov 5, 04, 1:17 am
Original Poster

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Gold, QF Silver (92.8% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond, SPG, PC. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Angry Not happy CB!!!!!!

OK, now I'm really p****d off with Citibank

Checking my current (if you can call it that) points statement and they haven't credited me with any of the 5K or 10K bonus points for the referrals.
Rang them up to find out why and apparently to be able to receive the points now, I need name and card number for each referral (that's all).

Needless to say, I told the Plat operator what I thought ...like well you gave the bonus to the member on joining (as you will all have it), why not the referror (my details are on their application forms after all, I thought that would be a simple process). As well as the fact that I will never refer another member if they don't give me my points....

So, I'll be in contact by PM to all those I referred...please help me by replying with your real name and your account number. As soon as I have your details in a letter to CB, I will delete the PM.
Old Nov 5, 04, 3:52 am
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
Yhm

So, I'll be in contact by PM to all those I referred
Have sent the info to you
Old Nov 5, 04, 4:11 am
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
Hmm, looks like my decision is become clear. I think I will be sticking with my CBA Gold Visa for now as my alternate to my Amex Maximiser card. I also assume that if I continue to accumulate points on my CBA Gold Visa, and then later upgrade that card to Platinum, I will still get the 1:1 transfer to QF, even for the points I am earning while I have the Gold card (which only transfers at 3:2).
Old Nov 5, 04, 6:56 pm

Unhappy

CBA is (quietly) ceasing to let you earn Awards points on CBA credit card balance transfers, from 7 December 2004.

So if you haven't maxed out your CBA credit card balance transfers for 2004(CBA allow you to do 6 balance transfers per calendar year, subject to a few conditions) and you want to do so, get your balance transfer request forms in before then.
Old Nov 6, 04, 12:31 am
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
I always pay off all my cards every fortnight, so there is never a balance to transfer between cards. So that change is not going to affect me. I am more interested in ensuring I never have to pay any interest to the banks - the other fees and charges are extortion enough.
Old Nov 6, 04, 12:32 am

Programs: DJ Silver, BA Silver, PC Gold, QF, SQ
Checking my current (if you can call it that) points statement and they haven't credited me with any of the 5K or 10K bonus points for the referrals. Rang them up to find out why and apparently to be able to receive the points now, I need name and card number for each referral (that's all).
There is something seriously wrong with their system. As I understand it, the new cardholder should get the points as soon as they sign up, and the referrer should get them 5 weeks later. I have no idea why they can't process them together, and I assume the 5 week delay is where their "system" breaks down. I've never received the referral bonus without following it up either.

Steve
Old Nov 10, 04, 5:23 pm

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
I'm a little wary of leaving a CC# in cleartext on a public webserver (FT) even in a "private" message.

Why the *#@#@!*@ can't citi do this properly? I thought you got the points anyway? now you don't? I know I got the 5,000 without problem.

Can't they just match their database on full name???

(sorry for delay - been in LHR)
Old Nov 10, 04, 5:52 pm

OK, now I'm really p****d off with Citibank

Checking my current (if you can call it that) points statement and they haven't credited me with any of the 5K or 10K bonus points for the referrals.
Rang them up to find out why and apparently to be able to receive the points now, I need name and card number for each referral (that's all).

Needless to say, I told the Plat operator what I thought ...like well you gave the bonus to the member on joining (as you will all have it), why not the referror (my details are on their application forms after all, I thought that would be a simple process). As well as the fact that I will never refer another member if they don't give me my points....

So, I'll be in contact by PM to all those I referred...please help me by replying with your real name and your account number. As soon as I have your details in a letter to CB, I will delete the PM.

I have had exactly the same problem.
I spoke to the operator who told me that I needed the credit card number or date of birth of each referral!!

I finally got onto a supervisor who was pretty good.
He just needed name and suburb.
If u like i will give you his email.

Still not good Citibank!

dont have these type of promos if you cant track the referrers.!!