Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Citibank Referrals - ex WBC et al thread

Citibank Referrals - ex WBC et al thread

Old May 8, 04, 6:40 am

Programs: QFF WP :-0, AC, FlyBuys, Porter's Liquor Store, Mother's Helper
Well here's another 10K towards Mrs. QF WP's trip. Recieved this email today:
Sat May 8 08:47:31 2004

Dear MR GoldFlyer,

Thank you for your recent application for a Citibank Platinum (white gold as requested)Visa Card.

We are pleased to advise that your application has been approved and you will shortly receive your new Credit Card and Personal Identification Number (PIN) along with information which details the benefits and services of the card. We trust you will take full advantage of the many features and benefits offered with your card and, as a result, experience a level of service, protection, convenience and value that only a Citibank Credit Card can provide.

Yours sincerely,

Luke Kalaizis
Head of Unsecured Credit Acceptance
Citibank Pty. Limited
Old May 8, 04, 7:30 am

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
Thumbs up

Let me see, it took about a week between me posting the form and the acceptance email, then the card arrived 2 days later (still waiting for a PIN). I got a phone pin though so that was good. Was pretty good.

Oh, there was some screwup when I called to activate my card (following the instructions) and was put through to India... to all those people who warned us they are bad... oh god... they ARE!

LOL
Old May 10, 04, 5:17 am

Programs: SQ Gold, MH Gold
*still waits patiently for qf wp to send a gold form*

got an interesting spam from westpac today.. looks like a boarding pass.. get 5 points per dollar through westpac travel when buying a business or first class ticket.... not a bad deal really...
Old May 10, 04, 6:58 am

Yeah I got that dumb ... westpac thing a few weeks ago. Sent it to the circular file.

Re the 100 points ID thing - I didn't fill any of that in - I just put my employer and relative details and aparently that was enough for them - so I can't answer that part of the question.
Old May 10, 04, 4:33 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
Originally Posted by RichardMEL
Re the 100 points ID thing - I didn't fill any of that in - I just put my employer and relative details and aparently that was enough for them - so I can't answer that part of the question.
About 2 weeks after I received the card and pin, I received a letter from CitiBank requesting the 100 points ID. This was in addition to the employer info they wanted for credit/income checking. I believe it is a legal requirement in Australia for them to validate the 100 points of ID.

The letter offerred me seveal methods of providing the ID. For me it was easiest to take a walk to my local Post Office and show them my ID. They filled out the form and sent it to CitiBank. Very quick and simple.

So if oyu have only just received your card/pin, don't be surprised if you get the same letter shortly.
Old May 10, 04, 6:19 pm
Original Poster

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Gold, QF Silver (92.8% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond, SPG, PC. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Unhappy Missing mailed Gold Referral

Originally Posted by d00t
*still waits patiently for qf wp to send a gold form*
Ah, d00t, I mailed it to your PO Box when you first asked for it and as it hasn't been returned, I wasn't aware that you hadn't received it until now. I take it you want me to send another....
Old May 11, 04, 12:49 am

Programs: Qantas,SAS,Priority Club
I've just moved to Melbourne (from Europe) and I need some Australian based credit cards that have FF miles to Qantas (I'm Qantas Club life) and include some travel insurance, so I'm interested in the Citibank gold or platinum card. So please email me with the referal details.
Old May 11, 04, 7:02 am

Programs: SQ Gold, MH Gold
Originally Posted by QF WP
Ah, d00t, I mailed it to your PO Box when you first asked for it and as it hasn't been returned, I wasn't aware that you hadn't received it until now. I take it you want me to send another....
please do... anything to drop the ANZ gold.........................
alternatively just drop it into my office in the city if you are nearby..
Old May 11, 04, 2:58 pm

Programs: QFF WP :-0, AC, FlyBuys, Porter's Liquor Store, Mother's Helper
The card arrived in the post yesterday, just one week from me posting the application. I rang to activate the card and got a very nice Aussie girl, I did mention that a number of my colleagues were commenting on the Indian call canter to which she said she knew nothing about. Do they have a different call center for white gold?

Now the dilema, to trf the ANZ ballance and close the account for double points or take a cheque written out to my name and transfer the ballance but pay only 6.9% on the transfered amount for as long as it takes to pay off. It sounded attractive given my overhang. I think I need to call a friend thanks Eddie.
Old May 11, 04, 9:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: VA Gold, QF Silver (92.8% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond, SPG, PC. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Post Updated Referral List #2

Just a further update...

To remind everybody to whom I sent referral forms (as some have been doing, Mrs QF WP thanks you too), can you email me, post here or send a private message when you are accepted, so I can keep a track of whose points I get (so I can also hurry up CB as well).

These are the FT'ers I have on my list:

Platinum

kawoh
Itsalongwaydown
roho
Goldflyer
(seems to have been op up'ed to Plat - or is that White Gold)

Gold

IainF
d00t
(new application form will be sent out soon)
RichardMEL (application completed)
kpc (I know he's sitting on his)
kpc's brother (application completed)
Austman (application form will be sent out soon)

I hope I haven't missed any...I know NM is still sitting on the fence...

P.S. After a chat on the phone with CB, although you'll get your bonus points as soon as you activate the card, I have to wait 21 days...

P.P.S. New Referral forms are on their way to me for d00t and Austman...I'd used up my previous stash.

Last edited by QF WP; May 11, 04 at 10:02 pm Reason: To add postscript
Old May 11, 04, 9:58 pm
NM

Originally Posted by QF WP
...I know NM is still sitting on the fence...
A state of being which is decidedly less comfortable than a skybed. I just wish it wasn't a picket fence with pointy bits on top .
Old May 12, 04, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by NM
About 2 weeks after I received the card and pin, I received a letter from CitiBank requesting the 100 points ID. This was in addition to the employer info they wanted for credit/income checking. I believe it is a legal requirement in Australia for them to validate the 100 points of ID.
Yes, mine arrived today. Very efficient of them. Then the cat ripped it up. I hope I can get a new one from the citibank office in the city (I don't really want to talk to India to request a new one!).
Old May 12, 04, 4:32 pm
NM

Originally Posted by RichardMEL
Then the cat ripped it up.
I havn't seen that excuse since my high school english assignment was due .
Old May 13, 04, 1:53 am

Originally Posted by NM
I havn't seen that excuse since my high school english assignment was due .
And it's actually true! I have a very intelligent cat though. Normally she leaves important items untouched by some uncanny catty sense - perhaps she knows more about the citibank deal than the rest of us and is trying to tell me something?!
Old May 14, 04, 12:31 am
Original Poster

Post Updated Referral List #3

Just a further update...to add someone I'd left off the last two!

To remind everybody to whom I sent referral forms (as some have been doing, Mrs QF WP thanks you too), can you email me, post here or send a private message when you are accepted, so I can keep a track of whose points I get (so I can also hurry up CB as well).

These are the FT'ers I have on my list:

Platinum

kawoh
Itsalongwaydown
roho
Goldflyer
(seems to have been op up'ed to Plat - or is that White Gold)

Gold

IainF
d00t
(new application form will be sent out soon)
RichardMEL (application completed)
kpc (I know he's sitting on his)
kpc's brother (application completed)
Austman (application form will be sent out soon)
damian_h

NM, are you getting sore sitting on the fence...I'd only have a picket one

P.S. After a chat on the phone with CB, although you'll get your bonus points as soon as you activate the card, I have to wait 21 days...

P.P.S. New Referral forms will be on their way to me for d00t and Austman...I'd used up my previous stash. Thankfully I spoke to an Australian in Australia

Search this Thread