Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Off to Europe soon - several questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Off to Europe soon - several questions

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2004, 3:44 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
My experience with the BA LHR desk dragons was good this week. T1 and T4 accepted my boarding pass with no need to flash the card. But then again the passes were on BA paper (even though the QF FF details were printed).

I must say the nice lady that ran the LHR T4 shower area was excellent. She took my details and gave me a pager which duely beeped when I just finished the first drink (two floors above). Very professional. No sign of the legendry dragon status - but then again, she was not guarding the main door!
Old Feb 10, 2004, 4:42 am
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by willyroo:
Umm the BA lounge dragons have always insisted on seeing my card (regardless of what the BP says), so you may have to do some sweet talking.</font>
This can work to your advantage. When visiting the BA lounge at SFO, my BP had my FF number printed, but without the leading zeros. The BA system didn't recognise it and so had not included the "One World Emerald". So when I rocked up and wanted to go into the F lounge, the dragon asked to see my card, noticed the error and corrected it for me in the system. The points and SC's posted correctly, which would not have heppened if she had not corrected the error.

The QF system happily accepted the FF number without the two leading zeros, but the BA system did not recognise me as a WP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.