Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

FF Silver not allowed in QC/Business Class check in??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FF Silver not allowed in QC/Business Class check in??

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2004, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JuPe:
BA doesn't recognize OW Ruby status and thus won't allow OW Ruby passengers to use their Club Europe/World Club check-in counters.</font>
BA check-in agents will do it if you show them that you're entitled to it. The main problem is that many staff don't know (read: BA don't train them properly) - bealine can tell you more about this.

I always tried to carry a print of the relevant page from the oneworld website in case there were problems. Inevitably, the only times I had arguments were the times that for some reason I didn't have it on me.

BA check-in desks should have a laminated crib sheet showing the check-in entitlements of all levels of BA and OW frequent flyers. The trouble is, many BA staff don't know that that exists, either.
Old Jan 23, 2004, 6:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

"In sydney for example, where theres a business line, and QC line, which do you use? "

Just go to whichever is shorter. The business check in desk is the closest to where I get the cab driver to drop me off so I tend to use that

Dave
Old Jan 23, 2004, 9:04 am

Programs: Elite Diamond Purple Dot Gold Silver Titanium for life
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Dave Noble:
"In sydney for example, where theres a business line, and QC line, which do you use? "

Just go to whichever is shorter. The business check in desk is the closest to where I get the cab driver to drop me off so I tend to use that

Dave
</font>

My point is...would they tell you to line up in the QC que, being booked in economy?

I hate waiting to checkin and would probably do that too, but if its for J pax only.... ?:\
Old Jan 23, 2004, 1:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by d00t:

My point is...would they tell you to line up in the QC que, being booked in economy?

I hate waiting to checkin and would probably do that too, but if its for J pax only.... ?:\
</font>
I know . Just take a photocopy of the PS benefits. As a PS member you are entitled to use the both business class and Qantas Club check ins. It is pretty clearly deined on the Qantas website.

Dave
Old Jan 23, 2004, 2:25 pm

Location: Home of the 2001 & 2004 Rugby Super 12 Champions - the Brumbies (Canberra, ACT) and Australia's best ski resort (Thredbo, NSW)
Programs: QF SG (LT PS, 54% LT SG), Priority Club Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by QF WP:
Mein Deutsch ist nicht so gut wie Ihr, Craigo. Mein Bruder ist ein snowboarder, ich sind nur ein skier Anfänger (dreimal über 15 Jahren).</font>
Dragging this thread back off-topic, I think a FlyerTalk gathering at Thredbo this winter is in order. As a beginner, QF WP, I'll be able to instruct you if I pass my training . After only 3 times, my challenge will be to get you skiing parallel.

Besides, think of the SCs for a ski weekend.

Old Jan 23, 2004, 8:28 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Craigo:
Dragging this thread back off-topic, I think a FlyerTalk gathering at Thredbo this winter is in order. As a beginner, QF WP, I'll be able to instruct you if I pass my training . After only 3 times, my challenge will be to get you skiing parallel.

Besides, think of the SCs for a ski weekend.[
</font>
By law (made by me, and given royal assent by willyroo) all FT get togethers have to be in a QP.

Dave
Old Jan 23, 2004, 8:52 pm

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Ah, thadocta, fame has gone to your head (goldflyer's TR thread, perhaps)

What I believe you meant to say was that it has been decreed that all QF FT meetings should be held in a QP. Therefore, most of our meeting have been held legally.

There are many FT get-to-gethers that have not been held in QP's...however, I doubt many would have not have alcohol involved
Old Jan 23, 2004, 8:56 pm

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Craigo:
Dragging this thread back off-topic, I think a FlyerTalk gathering at Thredbo this winter is in order. As a beginner, QF WP, I'll be able to instruct you if I pass my training . After only 3 times, my challenge will be to get you skiing parallel. Besides, think of the SCs for a ski weekend.</font>
As it seems my poor German was indeed understood by Craigo, whilst one would think it would be a great idea, one thinks it might be difficult to get clearance from Mrs QF WP.

I will admit though that none of my skiing has been in Australia, so Thredbo would add another notch to my poles.
Old Jan 24, 2004, 1:09 am

Location: BNE, Australia...not too far from the nearest Qantas Pub err Club
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by thadocta:
By law (made by me, and given royal assent by willyroo) all FT get togethers have to be in a QP.

Dave</font>
Right then: time for a HP.

Mmm - time for another - let's think about this some more...

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by QF WP:
What I believe you meant to say was that it has been decreed that all QF FT meetings should be held in a QP.</font>
Aahh - that's better! (Edited for bold)

[This message has been edited by willyroo (edited Jan 24, 2004).]
Old Jan 24, 2004, 5:39 pm

Location: Home of the 2001 & 2004 Rugby Super 12 Champions - the Brumbies (Canberra, ACT) and Australia's best ski resort (Thredbo, NSW)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by thadocta:

Dave
</font>
That's easy Dave, pass a 'law' declaring the Thredbo Alpine Hotel to be a QP for the ski season.

Old Jan 24, 2004, 5:51 pm

As it seems my poor German was indeed understood by Craigo, whilst one would think it would be a great idea, one thinks it might be difficult to get clearance from Mrs QF WP.

I will admit though that none of my skiing has been in Australia, so Thredbo would add another notch to my poles.
</font>

QF WP, seine Deutsch ist ein bisschen sheissig aber ich verstehe (a bit of revision of the verb 'to be' would be useful ). I also understand the need for permission of your "Fuhrerin" for a skiing FT weekend.

When the cover's good, Thredbo actually compares well with overseas. I've skied in France, Canada, the US and NZ and while Thredbo can't match the European and North American resorts for vertical, it does have its charms. It's good for beginners and early intermediates as they can use quad chairs rather than struggling with T-bars and rope tows.

Best snow conditions are usually at the end of August or first week of September. That would be a good time for an FT gathering in the Thredbo 'QP'.
Old Jan 26, 2004, 7:27 pm

Programs: QF PS and spouse of QP Senior Lifer PS, UA, AA, DL, AS, AV
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JuPe:
I've been checking at the AY/QF/LA business class counters without any remarks.</font>
Including on QF at an airport where there are separate check-ins for business and QC?
Old Feb 6, 2004, 6:29 am

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
Encountered a moron check-in agent at SYD on Friday afternoon at QC counters. Amongst other pax dressed in suit, I was wearing T-shirt and Jeans and looked "slightly" out of place.

When it's my turn, this agent insisted QC checkin is only for Sapphire and Emerald. What a joke. I said to him clamly that's he's mistaken and OW benefits clearly states lowly ruby are also entitled. HE still insisted I have to go to Economy Class counters. Probably this agent just had a cranky afternoon and wanted to pick on an innocent looking Asian. Who knows...Well, he picked the wrong guy.

I said to him, "Fine, just give me your name", and he said "I'm xxxx, now please go"... I responded, "If you want me to go, that's fine. Just please write down your full name on this paper" and handed my diary and pen. At that time, he looked intimidated. I kept my cool despite his absolute rudeness and lack of professionalism. As I noted down the checkin-counter's number, this agent became fearful and just handed my boarding pass to me. He looked away and did not even say "have a good trip". I thanked him, and walked away.

So, here's the point:
These guys at check-in are FULLY aware who can check-in, but they just want to let out their frustration. Maybe this guy thought I'm naive, but obviously he was mistaken. So, next time an agent refuse to check you in, don't argue, just note down his/her name, and prepare to walk away. They will get the s*its with their supervisor later, if you write to QF...
Old Feb 6, 2004, 3:57 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by martynriddle:
On a separate (but almost related) note, what's the betting that QF will cease services to MCY once Jet Star commences operations? The terminal at MCY doesnt have a QP thereby suggesting that QF doesnt value it as a high $$ return destination.</font>
There aren't enough services into Maroochydore to justify a QP, as MCY only sees three flights a day (1 from MEL, 2 from SYD). I think Qantas will axe Maroochydore services as there isn't enough Full Service Demand on MCY flights to offer a Daily Flight (Hence no QP or contracted QP).

Some Leisure Destinations must maintain QF services, such as Cairns, Townsville, and the Gold Coast. There is a decent amount of Business Demand to Cairns, Townsville and the Gold Coast. This is evident as when Qantas turned Townsville temporarily (incl BNE-TSV) into a one-class destination, Qantas received 800 complaints in a month. Also if there was no Business Class Demand into Cairns, why would Qantas put a daily Airbus 330 ex Melbourne, and a daily Airbus 330 and three Boeing 767 services ex Sydney if there was no Business Class Demand. If there was no Business Class Demand to the Gold Coast, would Qantas put 767s on the route. And lastly, if these destinations were "Leisure" Destinations, why would Qantas maintain and upgrade the QPs there?

Anything in my opinion could happen to services into Mackay or Rockhampton. These destinations still have a contracted QP. Mackay and Rockhampton still has Business Travel, because of the Sugar Cane industry, however these flight still don't feature Business Class.

I believe Hamilton Island can maintain some flights with Business Class as a lot of rich people travel up to the Whitsundays (lots of yachts and premium accommodation, namely Hayman Island). Also Qantas has a few agreements with Hayman Island resort, including letting Guests staying at Hayman Island resort to check in at Business Class check in on the way back home.

Jetstar is a rather contreversial issue in my opinion, as anything can happen to Qantas services. What do you think?
Old Feb 6, 2004, 10:21 pm

Programs: QF Bronze
Rockhampton has 0 business travel because of the sugar can industry

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.