Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Award flight - return sector - how far out?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2003, 9:40 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P

I know a QF FF award can be booked almost a year in advance, but is it possible to book the return sector almost a year out from that?

For example, book now (12/2003), outbound flight for 11/2004 and retrun flight 10/2005.
Old Dec 23, 2003, 10:11 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
No, I am afraid not. And for an award you have to book the whole lot together. You can only book on flights that are open for reservations and have X, U, Z availability, so that means the last flight must be within the 350 day (or whatever it is) window. The only way around it is to book a dummy return flight and change it later, but you are risking availability probs.

Also note that on non-QF awards (like the OneWorld Award and Partner Awards) you cannot make changes once the journey has commenced.
Old Dec 23, 2003, 10:30 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
NM, it'll be SYD-SIN-SYD. I really want BKK which now has plenty of X but I (we) want U. Not prepared to risk not getting U so SYD-SIN will have to do instead. We'll either fly the last bit in the dungeon (revenue) or take the train (much nicer!).

SIN has lots of availability in X and U (even though most is via BNE) so far. I think I'll book the outbound - date is known and get a dummy return as you suggest then change it in a few months time.

So confirming, the max validity for the Award ticket is 12 months from the first flight (rather than date of issue)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.