Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Where Does QF Club Bronze Sit on U/G Waitlist?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2003, 3:55 am
Original Poster

Is QF Club bronze higher up the waitlist tree than vanilla bronze? I always assumed it was, however someone at QF advised me that the two were considered equal. "Bronze is bronze" to use her words.

MD
Old Sep 24, 2003, 4:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Bronze is Bronze I believe. The Qantas Club moniker just indicates your membership to the Club rather than elevating your status

Dave
Old Sep 24, 2003, 5:17 am

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
I agree with Dave Noble, Miles Dependent. Bronze is the second-lowest rung (only better than non QFF members, of course)!!
Old Sep 24, 2003, 7:07 am
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
But a Bronze QC member can partake in HP's even if the upgrade waitlist does not come through .
Old Sep 24, 2003, 7:57 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by NM:
But a Bronze QC member can partake in HP's even if the upgrade waitlist does not come through .</font>
But not, sadly, at SYD T1.

Dave
Old Sep 24, 2003, 8:02 am
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by thadocta:
But not, sadly, at SYD T1.

Dave
</font>
Discrimination indeed. They even had Boags at T1 F lounge that time I was there .
Old Sep 24, 2003, 9:51 am

Programs: DJ, QF, SPG, Hilton
In an attempt to bring this back on topic...

- If you've status with QF (e.g., I'm a SG) and you're requesting an upgrade for someone else who is just a bronze. Will the request be ranked by SG or NB?

- I'm trying to do this at the moment for a return leg of my old man's flight. QF keep saying there's no return ticket number so they can't do it... What does that mean? He's already used half of that ticket, how can the ticket number not exist? (Unforunately, I'm nowhere near that ticket or our TA to sort this out...) Any ideas?
Old Sep 24, 2003, 9:57 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Leumas:
In an attempt to bring this back on topic...</font>
How dare you try to be on topic in the QF forum.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">- If you've status with QF (e.g., I'm a SG) and you're requesting an upgrade for someone else who is just a bronze. Will the request be ranked by SG or NB?</font>
These things are based on the status of the member whose points are being used. So if they are an SG's points being used, then the waitlist position will be that of an SG.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">- I'm trying to do this at the moment for a return leg of my old man's flight. QF keep saying there's no return ticket number so they can't do it... What does that mean? He's already used half of that ticket, how can the ticket number not exist? (Unforunately, I'm nowhere near that ticket or our TA to sort this out...) Any ideas?</font>
Easy to see how it has happened - but then, I have some history in that area (and it is WAY too complicated to go into here).

I would suggest a phone call to either the TA or th passenger would be in order, to obtain the ticket number. THEN, phone QF and tell them what the ticket number is - INCLUDING the check-digit for the flight coupon for the flight concerned (they can use that to make sure you haven't just made it all up) would see things right.

Dave
Old Sep 24, 2003, 2:24 pm

Programs: AAdv GLD(MM), QF LTS, UA MP_nada, HH Gld, SPG, GoldenCircle Jade
Leumas,

As usual thadocta is right. I just recently waitlisted my fiance for u/g - and QF confirmed since UCs are coming out of my account she's waitlisted according to my status.

As to the ticket number - I had a similar problem. Initially thought it was because I had just purchased online. But turned out that it was because i was still outside the 90 day waitlist window (and the CSR doesn't get that) - make sure you are within it.
Old Sep 24, 2003, 5:42 pm
Original Poster

Pfffft..... Oh well.... There ya have it.

Thanks for the information.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.