Wunala is back

Old Aug 17, 2003, 2:16 am
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci
Wunala is back

Sitting in SYD DOM T3 QC (gawd, these abbreviations are getting longer) tonight, when I noticed a VERY red 744 coming along. Turns out it was the new Wunala Dreaming (can't be bothered to go and find the rego, will let someone else do that, but it is the latest 747-438ER). Was placed in the last hanger on the right as you look out from the QC/T3 terminal (depending on where you are looking from).

Looks like we will all need our sunnies again soon.

Dave
Old Aug 17, 2003, 4:22 am

Programs: Elite Diamond Purple Dot Gold Silver Titanium for life
I saw the same aircraft coming towards the SYD DOM T3 this evening too...

Is this twice we've been in the same terminal at the same time without realising it?
Old Aug 17, 2003, 5:01 am
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by thadocta:
... (can't be bothered to go and find the rego, will let someone else do that ...</font>
OK, here it is and its VH-OEJ.
Old Aug 17, 2003, 6:53 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Now that's a stunning photo!

Don't you think it's about to consume a small piece of FOD someone left on the runway/taxiway (that piece of FOD looking much like a vermin..)?
Old Aug 17, 2003, 10:52 pm
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by d00t:
I saw the same aircraft coming towards the SYD DOM T3 this evening too...

Is this twice we've been in the same terminal at the same time without realising it?
</font>
Must be - well I *did* post my itinerary in another thread, not my fault if you didn't read it and organise a meeting.

As it turns out, a fellow umpire from the US was transitting SYD, so I detoured via the T3 QC before wandering across to the t! QC. Wish I had stayed where I was. QF 83 was a real pain, about 90 Chinese school brats returning to HKG, and making a hell of a ruckus.

Dave
Old Aug 18, 2003, 2:09 am

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Seems like we are all fans of the QF Red planes..I have the QF poster of Yananyi Dreaming (VH-VXB) in front of my computer at home. Obsessed about QF..naaaaaah, not here on the QF forum.
Old Aug 18, 2003, 2:31 am

Programs: QF WP; VA Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by thadocta:
Sitting in SYD DOM T3 QC (gawd, these abbreviations are getting longer) </font>
What about SYD T3 QC - we (should) all know it is domestic
Old Aug 19, 2003, 11:13 pm

does anybody have any idea what type of cost
a paint job on a 747/400er would be?

and where abouts in the U.S are the sprays carried out?
Old Aug 20, 2003, 2:03 am

Programs: QF WP; VA Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Statuschaser:

</font>
I asked the same about the cost in an earlier thread - Wunala gone - however it was not known but it was floated 12 year life. Also there is a work in progress pic but no details on the actual spray location aside from Boeing.

Presumably the decal lasts just as long as a standard job but probably costs 4 times as much as the standard white with red tail.

[This message has been edited by mikalee (edited 08-20-2003).]
Old Aug 20, 2003, 3:33 am
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Statuschaser:

</font>
Apparently she was delivered from Boeing (Everett) in all red paint scheme and finished off at AVEX/Aviation Interiors at New Iberia, Louisiana.

The best estimate I could find for the weight penalty is about 800kg (comes from an extremely reliable and knowledgable source within the industry who should know).
Old Aug 20, 2003, 4:57 am

Programs: Too many...and an Amanjunkie
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by NM:
Apparently she was delivered from Boeing (Everett) in all red paint scheme and finished off at AVEX/Aviation Interiors at New Iberia, Louisiana.</font>
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/381829/M/

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.