Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ever been bunmped on QF??

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2003, 6:45 pm
Original Poster

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Ever been bunmped on QF??

Ever been bumped on a QF flight - what compensation did you get??

Read this article and thought I wonder what QF's policy is...

I was only ever bumped when married to QF staffer and was on QEA fares (stand-by). Happened twice - once ADL/BNE, once MEL/BNE. The joys back then of being waitlisted on both Intl and Dom flights...no compensation of course (it did cost only $24 one way..gee, that's just like e-deals at present!!)

(Edited - but realised I'll get pasted about the typo in the topic heading anyway...bring them on...I know you want to!)

[This message has been edited by QF WP (edited 07-03-2003).]
Old Jul 4, 2003, 1:51 am

It has its pro's and con's but what annoys me is that train companies can continue to do the same practice. Many a time you can buy a train ticket, with a reserved seat, the train develops a fault mid journey, you are offloaded and have to wait for the next service which has no spare seats so you have to stand.

As long as the playing field is level.

Interesting comments about the safety aspect though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.