Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QF A332s to ops MEL-PER-MEL

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2008, 1:54 am
Original Poster

QF A332s to ops MEL-PER-MEL

Effective 01JUL QF A332s will ply the skies between MEL & PER in lieu of B743 a/c.

Ops QF485/802/481/648 MEL-PER-MEL-PER-MEL.

SYD-PER remains double daily B743 ops for the time being.
Old Mar 19, 2008, 4:10 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Would be good to be able to fly one of these 332's domestically.

Hmm, so what is happening to the 743?
Old Mar 19, 2008, 4:58 am

Programs: QF LTS, Marriott LTP, ALL GOLD
Any idea if they are domestic config or international config?

I recall soemone saying the next 2 x 332's to be delivered were going to be domestic config and the lowe thrust rating - if it makes sense that they go onto the PER runs (though I did say earlier I thought they would go to JQ)
Old Mar 19, 2008, 5:12 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Originally Posted by perthite
Hmm, so what is happening to the 743?
Falling apart.....

Dave
Old Mar 19, 2008, 6:01 am

Programs: QF Plat & LTG, VA Plat
Yay!!!!!!!!!!

A QF CSM told me a month ago that a 743 was expected to be retired middle of the year, with the rest going end of the year. I just figured it was galley gossip, as staff often know less than FT. Maybe they'll strip it for parts for the other 2.
Old Mar 19, 2008, 6:26 am

Qantas will take delivery of a domestic A332 in JUL08 and it will directly replace a B743 on the MEL-PER-MEL route. 1x B743 will be retired.

The next A332 is due to arrive around AUG08 but I am unsure if it will go to QF domestic or JQ.

The final A332 will arrive in DEC08 and will be in full QF Intl skybed config at this stage.

From Oct/Nov 2008 all QF25/26 services will revert back to B744, thus freeing up pretty much 1 A332 for use on other/new Intl routes.

Hope this helps.

All of this is subject to change.

Thanks
Old Mar 19, 2008, 2:01 pm

Programs: QF. UA. Avis. AMEX.
If QF delivers a domestic config 332 then this will put them a step below DJ, and JQ for MEL-PER flights as both DJ and JQ offer PTV devices and QF will not. It will also see a drop in standard for J config as well compared to the 743 and would have to make DJ PE a better alternative due to the lack of middle seat.

What are the chances of the 332 being delivered with a new generation of domestic config such as PTV and the Int PE seat as a Dom J seat?
Old Mar 19, 2008, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by beno
The next A332 is due to arrive around AUG08 but I am unsure if it will go to QF domestic or JQ.
I guess it depends on if another 743 starts clapping out! I would think JQ is desperate to get some more capacity... will be interesting to watch.
Old Mar 19, 2008, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
The "Fuel Inefficient" 743's are unlikely to meet any criteria to be operated by JQi.

Nor, for that matter, QF's future strategies for mainline ...

Last edited by serfty; Mar 19, 2008 at 4:34 pm
Old Mar 19, 2008, 5:20 pm

I was unclear in my post... sorry... Iw as referring to the 2ns domestic A330-200.... and whether it owuld go to QF or JQ....

My train of thought was that if another 743 has mx issues then it will likely go to QF... I then mentioned that I am also sure JQ are keen ont hat 332 capacity so it will be interesting to see where the 332 goes....

I never thought JQ qwuld get the clapped out 743
Old Mar 19, 2008, 6:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by beno
Qantas will take delivery of a domestic A332 in JUL08 and it will directly replace a B743 on the MEL-PER-MEL route. 1x B743 will be retired.

The final A332 will arrive in DEC08 and will be in full QF Intl skybed config at this stage.

From Oct/Nov 2008 all QF25/26 services will revert back to B744, thus freeing up pretty much 1 A332 for use on other/new Intl routes.

Hope this helps.

All of this is subject to change.

Thanks
Surprised QF is even looking a 332s for dom ops considering their previous experience with the 333s on dom routes, not to mention that 333 would have high pax capacity for routes such as PER. This is effectively a policy reversal.

I would have thought 332s would be much more suited to international ops because of their long range and a lower thrust rating would mean the aircraft would be unlikely to be able to be deployed as stand-in aircraft on intl services.
Old Mar 19, 2008, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

1) They were not planning to use 332 for domestics again. The late A380/B787 caused a rethink.

2) I would be very suprised if the refuelling issue has not been mainly addressed if not completely. (i.e. The new Int. 332's have stronger floors to accomodate Skybeds)
Old Mar 19, 2008, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by Traveloguy
Surprised QF is even looking a 332s for dom ops considering their previous experience with the 333s on dom routes, not to mention that 333 would have high pax capacity for routes such as PER. This is effectively a policy reversal.

I would have thought 332s would be much more suited to international ops because of their long range and a lower thrust rating would mean the aircraft would be unlikely to be able to be deployed as stand-in aircraft on intl services.
They have certainly been thinking about having 332's back in domestic ops (where were the Ex JQ ones going to go). They released a statement last year about SYD.MEL-PER being solely 767/A330 once the 743's go.
Old Mar 19, 2008, 11:46 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Traveloguy

I'm not too sure that the 333's spent much time on domestic ops. In any case, I don't believe they had many issues with them flying trans-con, as there tehnds to be longer turnarounds on them. I was under the impression it was on the triangle where they aim for the higher frequencies was where they had issues.

They had also flagged that Jetstar's 332's would be coming back to the trans-con, so wouldn't say it was a policy reversal.

Added: Todays announcement on connectivity cites the 332's on domestic duty:
http://www.qantas.com.au/regions/dyn...008/mar08/3740
Mr Borghetti said the technology would initially be installed on a number of domestic B767-300 and A330-200 aircraft.

Last edited by perthite; Mar 20, 2008 at 1:00 am
Old Mar 20, 2008, 12:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AN_Boy
... I would think JQ is desperate to get some more capacity... will be interesting to watch.
According to this article:JQ are desperate for more widebodies, even 777.
... ready to pounce in the event that aircraft currently accounted for in the order books hit the market again is Qantas low-cost unit Jetstar, which is on the hunt for stop-gap widebodies to cover for the expected year-long delay to the delivery of its 787s. Jetstar general manager network Pete Yap says that as the carrier awaits its 787s it plans to lease A330-200s, although other options would be considered if the A330 proves too elusive. "Ideally we would like to get A330-200s because they are known to us, but we're looking at everything short of a [Boeing] 747," says Yap. "We want something in the 250-300-seat range, so we're looking at A330s, 777s, anything - we're just seeing what's out there. Because we can't get delivery slots until a few years out we're looking to see if any airlines cancel or defer orders to see if we could take some deliveries sooner. If another Airbus or Boeing customer or lessee changes their plans, we'd be interested."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.