Wiki Posts
Search

Thank you, QF FT and Qantas

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2003, 11:37 pm
Original Poster

Location: BNE, Australia...not too far from the nearest Qantas Pub err Club
Thank you, QF FT and Qantas

Here I sit at the QC in MEL, after a long day of meetings. Originally booked a red-e-deal, so we usually assume peak time changes not possible.

As usual, went to FT, to see if any topics in QF FT remained on thread. No. Did any attempts to get other threads back on topic work? No.

All well at QF FT!

Next, looked at the ITN site to see what the loadings were. Would you believe, an "N" class appeared on the earlier flight. (J full)

Asked very nicely if they could move me to the earlier flight, and the new boarding pass appeared. Why would I ever fly DJ after this?

It's been your posts that have provided me with the tools to save a lot of money travelling, and still do so with some flexibility.

So thank you all for your help over the past 6 months that I've started posting here, and I look forward to meeting more of you at the next QF FT meeting in SYD.

willyroo
Old Feb 24, 2003, 11:44 pm

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Oh my humble moderator, we all should be thanking YOU for allowing us to (infrequently, of course) go off-topic .

Have you checked your emails lately??
Old Feb 25, 2003, 12:20 am
Original Poster

Location: BNE, Australia...not too far from the nearest Qantas Pub err Club
Here I sit (partII):

The new (earlier) flight was running late for boarding, so I went for a walk to the gate. Asked nicely "is it u/s" and the answer was "have you got baggage?". No further conversation, just a boarding pass for the original flight! (Opened to full Y, BTW)

Back to QF lounge, and now looking at QF WP's Concorde pics.

Crownie in hand, Concorde inspiration in front of me - what more could you want?

Even more reason to stay with QF...
Old Feb 25, 2003, 12:58 am
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
So willyroo, how long is the delay? Is it a one , two , three or more beer delay?

Biggest problem with Canberra QC lounge (it might have changed since I was there) is the long walk from bar to business centre. Definately one of those locations where one requests 2 or 3 drinks at a time.
Old Feb 25, 2003, 1:27 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
I have a dream. I am sitting in the SYD QC sipping a HP beer and slowly G-BOAC (that's the Concorde - for you ignorant souls) is brought into the gate for my flight to, lets say -- BNE (one for QF WP!).

Now, can someone else finish this dream?
Old Feb 25, 2003, 2:21 am
NM

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by og:
I have a dream. I am sitting in the SYD QC sipping a HP beer and slowly G-BOAC (that's the Concorde - for you ignorant souls) is brought into the gate for my flight to, lets say -- BNE (one for QF WP!).

Now, can someone else finish this dream?
</font>
You get onboard and find yourself sitting next to Merve Hughes .... someone switched your HP for a HL! [sing]I can't get you out of my head[/sing]

Now this tread is really going somewhere ... if we all take it it turns with a portion of og's dream, we could end up anywhere!
Old Feb 25, 2003, 3:03 am

Programs: QF WP, GP Diamond, HH Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by NM:
[B] You get onboard and find yourself sitting next to Merve Hughes .... someone switched your HP for a HL! [sing]I can't get you out of my head[/sing] [B]</font>
...You quickly assess the situation though, and swap your HL for Krug. This is the Concorde after all, and a 20 minute flight at that...

The fact that it only cost you 40K points for this "domestic" award - you marvel how FT keeps coming up with such valuable use for your points.

Jamie.
Old Feb 25, 2003, 5:49 am
Suspended

Location: Brisbane, Qld, Aust QF WP, OW Emerald, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, NW, SQ KF
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by NM:
Biggest problem with Canberra QC lounge (it might have changed since I was there) is the long walk from bar to business centre. Definately one of those locations where one requests 2 or 3 drinks at a time.</font>
Well, I'm sure that Willyroo doesn't have a problem tonight with CBR as he was in MEL, NM
Old Feb 25, 2003, 5:52 am

Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
And for those of us that have had the pleasure to have flown it...Krug it is please Purser
Old Feb 25, 2003, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
I got signed FDC's from Concorde crew both ways last year, and business cards from all the flight deck staff both ways, and the Sterling Silver Concorde pen etc.

AND the metal and hard plastic Concorde bag tags of course.

AND had Bruce Springsteen sitting in the seat behind us.

AND coff, coff, have the full pax manifest as a souvenier.

------------------
~ Glen ~

Come and visit the most ** FRIENDLY FORUM ** on FlyerTalk. No flame wars, no personal abuse, no substance abuse. Not much of anything really!

[This message has been edited by ozstamps (edited 02-25-2003).]
Old Feb 25, 2003, 6:15 am

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
And tomorrow, ladies and gentlemen, Ozstamps will create world peace....
Old Feb 25, 2003, 6:33 am

Not like this he won't!!
Old Feb 25, 2003, 3:08 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by qfcbr:
...You quickly assess the situation though, and swap your HL for Krug. This is the Concorde after all, and a 20 minute flight at that...

The fact that it only cost you 40K points for this "domestic" award - you marvel how FT keeps coming up with such valuable use for your points.

Jamie.
</font>
QF: Thankyou passengers for flying Concorde SYD - BNE. Would passengers with checked luggage please wait at carousel 3 for your bags which are expected to arrive in 4 hours time - we had to send them by "regular" jets due to their bulk. Thankyou for flying and waiting with us. Hope the krug was yummy. We can top up the FT group in the QC lounge if desired.
Old Feb 25, 2003, 5:06 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by willyroo:
It's been your posts that have provided me with the tools to save a lot of money travelling, and still do so with some flexibility.

So thank you all for your help over the past 6 months that I've started posting here, and I look forward to meeting more of you at the next QF FT meeting in SYD.
</font>
Getting back on thread (novel idea, heh! ), Willyroo, hope you have looked up The Concorde Experience - it's obligatory viewing prior to boarding BA1

Looks like there may be a SYD QC meeting on 23 March late PM. They might even meet Mrs QF WP.
Old Feb 25, 2003, 6:12 pm
NM

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by QF WP:
Looks like there may be a SYD QC meeting on 23 March late PM. They might even meet Mrs QF WP.</font>
Sorry, 23rd is not an option for me. But I will be there during the week before, so you had better hope that bar-stocking-day is not Monday!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.