Wiki Posts
Search

Thank you, QF FT and Qantas

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2003, 3:25 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
I'd love to make it, but I will be just finishing the "Big Ride" that day. That is the end of 9 days of riding 600 km on a bike (push bike) from Warragamba to Cootamundra with 1000 others. Believe it or not! At least there is a portable bar travelling with us.
Old Feb 26, 2003, 3:31 am
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by og:
I'd love to make it, but I will be just finishing the "Big Ride" that day. That is the end of 9 days of riding 600 km on a bike (push bike) from Warragamba to Cootamundra with 1000 others. Believe it or not! At least there is a portable bar travelling with us.</font>
Well, by the end of 600km you will be in need of a beer or four!
Old Feb 26, 2003, 4:30 am
NM

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by QF WP:
Getting back on thread (novel idea, heh! ), Willyroo, hope you have looked up The Concorde Experience - it's obligatory viewing prior to boarding BA1</font>
And you had better read this thread in the BA forum as well ....
Old Feb 26, 2003, 4:32 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
How late is "late pm" on 23/3 (just in case we come home via SYD QC - which I doubt (that I will be allowed to...)).
Old Feb 26, 2003, 4:34 am
Original Poster

Location: BNE, Australia...not too far from the nearest Qantas Pub err Club
Funny that, NM, I was just reading that one. Have to replenish the points quickly after the recently ticketed UK trip!
Old Feb 26, 2003, 7:10 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by og:
How late is "late pm" on 23/3 (just in case we come home via SYD QC - which I doubt (that I will be allowed to...)).</font>
Well, my end is open-ended (shaddup in the peanut gallery who are aware that we are in Mardi Gras mode in SYD at the moment).

I am easy (just ask my last GF) as to timings, and can book a flight to somewhere at whatever time (will need to get into wherever I am going when the hotels still have their receptions open).

Any thoughts?

Dave

------------------
There are 10 types of people - those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Old Feb 26, 2003, 6:57 pm
NM

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by thadocta:
(will need to get into wherever I am going when the hotels still have their receptions open).

Dave
</font>
Reception is not the priority... is the bar still open?

Now you thought I was going to comment on the first part of your post, but I will leave that open door for others to step into.
Old Apr 2, 2003, 3:05 pm
LGA

Programs: AS; AA; UA; DL; VS; BA; Nat'l Emer. Exec.; AGR
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by QF WP:
...hope you have looked up The Concorde Experience - it's obligatory viewing prior to boarding BA1...</font>
I thought this link was much more exciting...

http://www.britishairways.com/region.../cc_flash.html

------------------
Life's a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death! - Auntie Mame

www.angelfire.com/ny3/globalgourmets
Old Apr 4, 2003, 12:38 am

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Hey, Willyroo, when's the big flight booked?? Wasn't this going to be part of a WT+ tickets for you and Mrs Willyroo; whilst the JuniorRoo's stayed with the ElderRoo's in England...
Old Apr 4, 2003, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

Location: BNE, Australia...not too far from the nearest Qantas Pub err Club
Hey, Willyroo, when's the big flight booked?? Wasn't this going to be part of a WT+ tickets for you and Mrs Willyroo; whilst the JuniorRoo's stayed with the ElderRoo's in England...[/B]</font>
Not quite yet, my friend - another month of QF/ANZ points to appear in my account. There are seats available late December early January at this stage...

Even Mrs willyroo, owner of all assets of mine (especially QFF points), is urging me to do it!

I can do Concorde both ways, but my current plan is to go over on Concorde, and back in F. Any thoughts from the Concorde gallery?

[This message has been edited by willyroo (edited 04-04-2003).]
Old Apr 5, 2003, 1:33 am

Programs: QF LT Gold, AA LT Plat and SQ bottom feeder..
Unless you NEED to travel Concorde eg time constraints, I think it is nicer to fly F.
I am assuming that this is the first time on Concorde? If so - enjoy. And don't forget to ask for the first time flyers kit (certificate and a skinny silver pen).
You may also be able to still get the luggage tags , which are plasticky and a nice souvenir.
Old Apr 5, 2003, 3:14 am

Programs: QF Silver (OW Ruby)
How many QFFPs do I need to fly concord return?
Old Apr 6, 2003, 7:13 am

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Willyroo, having combined my Concorde as part of a RTW F ticket, I think from personal experience it's the best way of doing it. I know you probably won't have time constraints that would necessitate you and Mrs Willyroo doing Concorde both ways.

I think your hardest question will be - front or back cabin and which seats??

As yet, Mrs QF WP hasn't "claimed" my FF points - she's still rubbing the Gold card she got hoping the Genie will coming out to grant another wish. That should keep her happy for the next 12 months.
Old Apr 6, 2003, 11:59 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
As yet, Mrs QF WP hasn't "claimed" my FF points - she's still rubbing the Gold card she got hoping the Genie will coming out to grant another wish. That should keep her happy for the next 12 months.</font>
You mean that you WON'T?

Dave
Old Apr 6, 2003, 1:48 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by AshleyF:
And don't forget to ask for the first time flyers kit (certificate and a skinny silver pen).
You may also be able to still get the luggage tags , which are plasticky and a nice souvenir.
</font>
There are also metal luggage tags available for the Concorde as well as the plastic ones. Now aluminium instead of silver but still quite nice and worth requesting. The Concorde pen is no longer being given out (or stationary kits, postcards or any other Concorde insignia items for that matter). Better fly soon as it looks like BA is getting ready to shut Concorde down later this year, they are using up supplies and not re-ordering. More importantly the passenger mix has changed, and very few of the old Concorde passengers are visible in the lounge this year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.