Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Qantas Announces Non-Stop Services to Buenos Aires

Qantas Announces Non-Stop Services to Buenos Aires

Old Mar 28, 2008, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
Originally Posted by MilesDependent
Waitlisting. Airline websites will generally not let you waitlist for a cheap fare if the booking class is unavailable. Just say I want to book SYD-SIN-NRT-SIN-SYD in D class, but one sector was not avail... If I try to book on the airline website it will just spit out a C or J fare, whereas if I go through an agent I can lock in the 3 avail D sectors and waitlist the 4th.
Would a call to the airline not fix this?
Old Nov 18, 2009, 6:35 am

Any well-informed reason (if not,conspiracy theories welcome ) as to why QF17 has award availability in all classes on every flight to Buenos Aires in June 2010 but I can't find a single award seat in any class after June 30?
Old Nov 18, 2009, 12:19 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Perhaps people are using EZE as another way to get to South Africa for the world cup?
Old Nov 18, 2009, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Perhaps people are using EZE as another way to get to South Africa for the world cup?
I can find seats on the non-stop flight to JNB so not the likely reason and we are talking about availability from June to November-not just the World Cup period.

I did think however of a World Cup related reason: Argentina knocks Brasil out of the World Cup with Maradona invoking the Hand of God and Brasil as a consequence invades Argentina causing suspension of QF flight to EZE
Old Nov 21, 2009, 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by 3544quebec
Any well-informed reason (if not,conspiracy theories welcome ) as to why QF17 has award availability in all classes on every flight to Buenos Aires in June 2010 but I can't find a single award seat in any class after June 30?
I booked a few premium economy seats for Sep-10 about a month ago. SYD-EZE vv. Virtually every flight was available in premium econ at that stage. Not sure why this would have changed.
Old Nov 23, 2009, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by MilesDependent
I booked a few premium economy seats for Sep-10 about a month ago. SYD-EZE vv. Virtually every flight was available in premium econ at that stage. Not sure why this would have changed.

Since no conspiracy theorists have reared their heads, I'll chime in - I wonder if the viability of the SYD-EZE flights is in question. QF are still selling seats past June 30 2010, but it would be relatively easy for them to cancel the route and transfer everyone onto their seats on the LAN flights SYD-SCL. Anyone know what the recent loads have been like to EZE?
Old Nov 23, 2009, 1:00 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
- I wonder if the viability of the SYD-EZE flights is in question. QF are still selling seats past June 30 2010, but it would be relatively easy for them to cancel the route and transfer everyone onto their seats on the LAN flights SYD-SCL. Anyone know what the recent loads have been like to EZE?
The next few flights are almost completely full and there is no AR availability (according to classavailability).
Old Nov 23, 2009, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by og
The next few flights are almost completely full and there is no AR availability (according to classavailability).
Good to hear - even worse than no award seats would be no seats at all (no 1st class seats is bad enough )
Old Nov 24, 2009, 12:21 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Good to hear - even worse than no award seats would be no seats at all (no 1st class seats is bad enough )
But there are F class seats - its just that they have "J" bums in them
Old Nov 24, 2009, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by og
But there are F class seats - its just that they have "J" bums in them
The problem is that F class seats are nowhere near as comfortable when drinking J class wine
Old Nov 24, 2009, 11:21 am

As mysteriously as availability disappeared, it has now reappeared^ I shall now withdraw my conspiracy theory musings, although I get the impression that there was not a lot of interest in the topic in the first place
Old Nov 24, 2009, 1:38 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The problem is that F class seats are nowhere near as comfortable when drinking J class wine
Totally, absolutely and completely agree 100%.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 1:00 am

Programs: QFF LTG , HHD
And now I am seeing no QF17 award availability for November and December, and maybe earlier. I did get QF to release a couple of U class seats however. Just hope it still exists then.

And can anybody tell me why 16JK and 17JK are not listed on the seat map either on QF or EF? Crew seats?

Last edited by turtlemichael; Jan 7, 2010 at 5:12 am
Old Jan 7, 2010, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by turtlemichael
And can anybody tell me why 16JK and 17JK are not listed on the seat map either on QF or EF? Crew seats?
Check the seat maps for the corresponding LAN codeshares (LA4517/LA4518) on these flights.
Old Jan 7, 2010, 3:23 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by serfty
Check the seat maps for the corresponding LAN codeshares (LA4517/LA4518) on these flights.
QF does do some strange codeshare seating machinations. I just bought AA codeshare on QF LAX-SYD and all seats were available (zero F seats assigned, for a flight a few weeks from now!) except for the first and last row of F; sure enough on qantas.com those seats were also available. So AA has access to the middle 3 rows, while QF uses all 5 rows (strange). Reserving 1A/K is understandable, and presumably row 5 is reserved for the bassinet position.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.