Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

FT meeting - BNE QC, 21 Feb, 2.30pm onwards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2003, 1:09 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Location: Brisbane, Qld, Aust QF WP, OW Emerald, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, NW, SQ KF

For those who haven't noticed the Qantas Club Bar thread, a number of us are meeting at Brisbane Domestic QC from 2.30pm (local time)on Friday, 21st February. I have booked a meeting room in the name of SPRING HILL FINANCIAL SERVICES, from which we will no doubt ajourn to the bar.

All FT'ers are welcome, but an RSVP is required (so we know you're coming and can find you). Don't worry if you aren't flying that day, we'll have enough Guest Passes to fill a jumbo.

Now, for a laugh. They want the names of attendees - so I wonder if I put current YES RSVP'ers (me, NM, Dave, kpc, willyroo, IainF and Og) whether that will work? Perhaps I'll tell them we're using pseudonyms

Alternatively, email me and I'll be the only one to know who you really are...along with the Reception at QC!!

Looking forward to catching up with some of these illustrious posters..this might catch on in other cities???

(edited to correct spelling, don't you hate that)
------------------

[This message has been edited by LindsayWilson (edited 02-05-2003).]
Old Feb 5, 2003, 2:58 am
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by LindsayWilson:
They want the names of attendees - so I wonder if I put current YES RSVP'ers (me, NM, Dave, kpc, willyroo, IainF and Og) whether that will work? Perhaps I'll tell them we're using pseudonyms

Alternatively, email me and I'll be the only one to know who you really are...along with the Reception at QC!!
</font>
YHM

willyroo has also posted re this on community:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum95/HTML/002979.html

------------------
kpc
Old Feb 5, 2003, 4:20 am

Location: BNE, Australia...not too far from the nearest Qantas Pub err Club
Lindsay,

You won't need to say anything about the Platinums, as we can get in anytime. Also, any Golds (eg Dave) who are travelling QF that day won't have problems getting in the lounge. Hopefully that will help keep your guest list down.

I'd like to know your proposed pseudonym for og, though!
Old Feb 5, 2003, 5:18 am
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
If they ask who NM is, just tell them "Never Mind" .

See you there.
Old Feb 5, 2003, 9:38 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Will see you there too.

Dave
Old Feb 6, 2003, 5:04 am

Programs: QC Life, QFF Gold, VA Gold, HH nothing,IHG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by LindsayWilson:
For those who haven't noticed the Qantas Club Bar thread, a number of us are meeting at Brisbane Domestic QC from 2.30pm (local time)on Friday, 21st February. I have booked a meeting room in the name of SPRING HILL FINANCIAL SERVICES, from which we will no doubt ajourn to the bar.

All FT'ers are welcome, but an RSVP is required (so we know you're coming and can find you). Don't worry if you aren't flying that day, we'll have enough Guest Passes to fill a jumbo.

Now, for a laugh. They want the names of attendees - so I wonder if I put current YES RSVP'ers (me, NM, Dave, kpc, willyroo, IainF and Og) whether that will work? Perhaps I'll tell them we're using pseudonyms

Looking forward to catching up with some of these illustrious posters..this might catch on in other cities???

</font>
I think if we gave them the name Bundy Bear as an attendee they would have a good laugh.

There are a few going and if Thadocta can fly up then I should have no troubling in travelling the 20minutes to get there.

If you told people you are going to the airport but you are not flying then some would think you are mad.

I got plenty of QF passes, including the washed ones.

Still not sure if I will go but I send you an email anyway.

------------------
You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.
Old Feb 6, 2003, 5:13 am

Programs: QC Life, QFF Gold, VA Gold, HH nothing,IHG Gold
Just another question how old is everyone so I know who I am looking out for. Me I am 30.
If you don't want to give an exact age then just use a range like 26-35; 36-45; that sort of thing. No it won't decide whether I attend or not.

------------------
You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.
Old Feb 6, 2003, 6:33 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Bundy Bear:
Just another question how old is everyone so I know who I am looking out for. Me I am 30.

If you don't want to give an exact age then just use a range like 26-35; 36-45; that sort of thing. No it won't decide whether I attend or not.
</font>
I'm between 18 and 80.

Seriously though, we will all be in the one meeting room.

Perhaps it should have been booked in the company name "FlyerTalk"?

Dave
Old Feb 6, 2003, 1:11 pm
NM

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Bundy Bear:
</font>
I turn something in the late 30's tomorrow!
Old Feb 6, 2003, 2:23 pm

Location: BNE, Australia...not too far from the nearest Qantas Pub err Club
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by thadocta:
I'm between 18 and 80.
Dave
</font>
Old Feb 6, 2003, 2:57 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Happy brithday NM. My NRMA card says member for 6x years. I'm not that old but transferred membership from the old man. I'm waiting until they realise that it is impossible for someone that old to drive... (but that won't be for a few decades. I'm old enough to drive and not old enough to retire yet (but looking forward to it). Is that (not) helpful enough?
Old Feb 6, 2003, 5:18 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Location: Brisbane, Qld, Aust QF WP, OW Emerald, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, NW, SQ KF
NM, Happy birthday!! We'll ahve to have a belated celebratory mineral water. You're ahead of me, life hasn't begun for me yet, I'm still -5

Perhaps I should change the booking name into FlyerTalk and print out the FT logo and place it on the meeting room door??

BundyBear, you're welcome, we won't bite (but we'll tell good stories!)

See you all there in 2 weeks!!! Keep the RSVP's rolling in.
Old Feb 9, 2003, 6:56 pm

As an interesting sidenote, I am getting close to 33.
I am repeatedly told by my wife (also 33) to 1. Behave
2. Act your age
3. Don't drink straight from the bottle.

Can someone please tell me what a 33 y/o should act like so I may inform my wife.
She is a Gold FF and continually Lords it over me being a QC Bronze (or Lead or Tin).

------------------
Better living through chemistry.
Old Feb 9, 2003, 8:10 pm
NM

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by IainF:
1. Behave
2. Act your age
3. Don't drink straight from the bottle.
</font>
I am sure these are the same three points I was making to me 10yo son this last weekend ... But then I also added a few more:
4. Pick you clothes up off the floor
5. Make your bed when you get up
6. Don't pick your nose in public.

I trust your clothes don't live on the floor and your bed is made - well 2 out of 3 ain't bad .
Old Feb 11, 2003, 12:58 am

My clothes would be on the floor and the bed would look like paople had been jumping on it IF I had my way but alas....the Bachelor was beaten out of me some timme ago.
My wife has infective obsessive compulsive disorder. It can be treated with Antibiotics and antidepressents but who needs more drugs in their system?
Cheers
Iain
ps Don't scratch that!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.