Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

FT meeting - BNE QC, 21 Feb, 2.30pm onwards

FT meeting - BNE QC, 21 Feb, 2.30pm onwards

Old Feb 20, 2003, 3:45 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
See you in the SYD QC around 1ish. I be in navy blue pants, short sleve checked shirt.
Old Feb 20, 2003, 3:57 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Location: Brisbane, Qld, Aust QF WP, OW Emerald, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, NW, SQ KF
IainF, just tried to ring BNE Dom QC to sort out your problem - but they aren't answering any of the 3 numbers I am ringing.

I can't see why, if you let the Bus Centre staff know (my contact there is Linda Fletcher) that you have just arrived, why Baggage Services won't take your bags off the carosel and store for you downstairs. If I get a hold of them tonight, I'll post the response.
Old Feb 20, 2003, 4:06 am

Hi Lindsay,

You would think that Qantas would have dealt with this before.
When I check-in to CNS, I will ask if they can put my bags on hold at baggage services.
Worst case, I will put them in a cab.

Thanks very much for your help.

------------------
Better living through chemistry.
Old Feb 20, 2003, 4:24 am
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
IainF, if you can't solve the bag problem, why not call past the QC briefly when you arrive and see if someone already there with a car in the car park can go down with you and use a private storeage facility. Then you come on back up for the "meeting".
Old Feb 20, 2003, 4:49 am

Programs: QC Life, QFF Gold, VA Gold, HH nothing,IHG Gold
I am also looking forward to it as well. Just as long as some people turn up for work tomorrow I don't get stuck answering the phone all day and get some of my real work done. It would be good to get there just before the flight from Sydney turns up. You all will be easy to find that way.
Still trying to work out how to get there. No car, but that means more money for flying places.

------------------
You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.
Old Feb 20, 2003, 4:56 am
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
Still yet to pack...will be wearing a white shirt (if I can find a clean one!) +/- red tie...I think the tie will be shed by the time I hit Brisbane's humidity
I repeat: DO NOT DRINK THE BAR DRY BEFORE I ARRIVE !!!

------------------
kpc
Old Feb 20, 2003, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by NM:

Glen, I can take in one guest without a pass and have a wallet full of guest passes. So if you get stuck, just have Dave or Rod Speed paged and I'm come meet you . But if Dave books a room then there is no issue regarding non-flying.

I'm staying at Airport Hilton tonight (nice exec suite overlooking airport) and will be working from here in the morning. Should get me to the Airport by about 12:45.</font>
Thanks for offer. thadocta and I have arranged to meet about 12.30pm at Redfern Stationand I'll drive us to Airport. Remember that Hilton shuttle bus (allegedly!) leaves on the half hour but goes to It'l first stop so I suspect we will be there around that same time of 12.45pm. Catch you then.

------------------
~ Glen ~

Come and visit the most ** FRIENDLY FORUM ** on FlyerTalk. No flame wars, no personal abuse, no substance abuse. Not much of anything really!
Old Feb 20, 2003, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kpc:

Still yet to pack...will be wearing a white shirt (if I can find a clean one!) +/- red tie...I think the tie will be shed by the time I hit Brisbane's humidity
I repeat: DO NOT DRINK THE BAR DRY BEFORE I ARRIVE !!!

</font>
kpc .. it looks you are on the flight an hour later than the other 3from SYD. Any chance of you getting to Qantas Club SYD an hour earlier than you really need to, and hook up with us?

Og, NM and Dave on QF532 SYD/BNE, arr 2.30pm

kpc on QF534 SYD/BNE, arr 3.30pm

Old Feb 20, 2003, 9:21 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ozstamps:
kpc .. it looks you are on the flight an hour later than the other 3from SYD. Any chance of you getting to Qantas Club SYD an hour earlier than you really need to, and hook up with us?

Og, NM and Dave on QF532 SYD/BNE, arr 2.30pm

kpc on QF534 SYD/BNE, arr 3.30pm

</font>
And possibly utilise the discretion that QC staff have to move people onto an earlier flight?

Dave
Old Feb 20, 2003, 9:36 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
And since we will have 2 FFGD and 1 FFPL there, all requesting a change onto hte earlier flight, this *might* be possible?

Dave
Old Feb 20, 2003, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Have fun, guys!
Old Feb 20, 2003, 3:33 pm
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ozstamps:
kpc .. it looks you are on the flight an hour later than the other 3from SYD. Any chance of you getting to Qantas Club SYD an hour earlier than you really need to, and hook up with us? </font>
I would love too but I'm giving a talk in North Sydney that doesn't finish til 1.30 pm. Then hop onto a taxi...earliest I could get to Syd QC is 2pm...hence my 3.05 pm flight. There is a 2.30 pm flight but it will be touch and go!

------------------
kpc
Old Feb 20, 2003, 5:12 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
532 from SYD is running 15 minutes late (dep now 1420)
Old Feb 20, 2003, 5:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by og:

532 from SYD is running 15 minutes late (dep now 1420)</font>
Sounds like perfect time for another round of beers to me.

------------------
~ Glen ~

Come and visit the most ** FRIENDLY FORUM ** on FlyerTalk. No flame wars, no personal abuse, no substance abuse. Not much of anything really!
Old Feb 20, 2003, 5:42 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
Sounds like perfect time for another round of beers to me. </font>
Only one round, Glen? You will be there for about an hour

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.