Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

FT meeting - BNE QC, 21 Feb, 2.30pm onwards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FT meeting - BNE QC, 21 Feb, 2.30pm onwards

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2003, 12:35 am
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by willyroo:
4:30 @ the QC BNE on the 18th. Just a quick test to make sure the Crownies are nice and cold.

Better have another just to make sure.

Oh yes - some might prefer the Hahns - how many is that now?

</font>
I was ther at 7:30am today, but the bar was closed . I was tempted to take QF52 down to SYD, but could not be othered changing. At least I got an op-up on the way down . Thanks QF.
Old Feb 18, 2003, 12:39 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Location: Brisbane, Qld, Aust QF WP, OW Emerald, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, NW, SQ KF
8 according to my list -

LW there @ 2.30pm until stumps
Willyroo there ??
BundyBear there ??
Og, NM and Dave on QF532 SYD/BNE, arr 2.30pm
IainF on QF 591 CNS/BNE, arr 2,45pm
kpc on QF534 SYD/BNE, arr 3.30pm

I have 10 Guest Passes for whoever needs them - Willyroo & BundyBear ?? I get in as Plat, all travellers get in as flyers on day.

I'm there tomorrow (Wednesday) for lunch between 1pm and 2pm (sure beats buying lunch, car parking cost will be cheaper), as at Hendra seeing corporate client all day, so thought I'd check it out early to make sure it'll pass muster on Friday for our esteemed SYD FT'ers. That's why I confusedly wrote Thursday in my posts last night.

(edited to correct day I'm at QC)

[This message has been edited by LindsayWilson (edited 02-18-2003).]
Old Feb 18, 2003, 7:27 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by NM:
I was ther at 7:30am today, but the bar was closed . I was tempted to take QF52 down to SYD, but could not be othered changing. At least I got an op-up on the way down . Thanks QF.</font>
Why do you think I am flying back on QF 26 on Saturday morning? 26A on a red e-deal too!

Dave
Old Feb 19, 2003, 12:43 am
NM

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by thadocta:
Why do you think I am flying back on QF 26 on Saturday morning? 26A on a red e-deal too!

Dave
</font>
Hope this is still a 3-class config for you . There are always cheap deals going on QF26 between BNE and SYD. It can be a great deal.
Old Feb 19, 2003, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
How many folks are getting together for a beer in SYD Club beforehand? I am in the airport area Friday on business so can probably pop in.

Not sure if I need a valid QF outgoing ticket for that day though? Can buy a fully refundable J if needs be and cancel it afterwards.

Did that with Rudi and Gisela late Janaury in MEL and smuggled them into the SQ First Class lounge. (Still trying to get SQ to credit the $7000!)

------------------
~ Glen ~

Come and visit the most ** FRIENDLY FORUM ** on FlyerTalk. No flame wars, no personal abuse, no substance abuse. Not much of anything really!
Old Feb 19, 2003, 9:18 am
In Memoriam

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ozstamps:
How many folks are getting together for a beer in SYD Club beforehand? I am in the airport area Friday on business so can probably pop in.

Not sure if I need a valid QF outgoing ticket for that day though? Can buy a fully refundable J if needs be and cancel it afterwards.
</font>
OK, that settles it - will book a meeting room first thing in the morning. I will be there from about 1250 until the flight starts boarding (being a 737, it wil start at about 1350).

Since a meeting room will be booked, attendees do not need to be flying, although they will need a guest pass if a guest of a QQC or Silver member. Since we are all Gold or higher, this should not be a problem.

Will be in the name of FlyerTalk, and we will well and truely welcome the unofficial moderator of the Ansett Australia forum!

Dave

[This message has been edited by thadocta (edited 02-19-2003).]
Old Feb 19, 2003, 9:20 am
In Memoriam

phark, I hate that!

Dave

[This message has been edited by thadocta (edited 02-19-2003).]
Old Feb 19, 2003, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">I will be there just before 1300 - plan on being on the train departing Katoomba at 1025, arriving at Central at 1223, so I should be out there around 1245 or thereabouts. Depends on how quickly a train from Central to the Airport arrives.</font>
Dave, you mentioned this before.

I'll be in the car. If you like, I can rendezvous with you at Central, and drive us both to airport, and problem solved?

------------------
~ Glen ~

Come and visit the most ** FRIENDLY FORUM ** on FlyerTalk. No flame wars, no personal abuse, no substance abuse. Not much of anything really!
Old Feb 19, 2003, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Or, to cut out a bit of time into and out of city, does the Blue Mountains train go through Redfern on the way in? That might be an easier still place to link up, and get us to airport faster still? I have a pretty distinctive looking sports car, so spotting me should be a cinch. In that case you may not need the meeting room?

------------------
~ Glen ~

Old Feb 19, 2003, 7:17 pm
In Memoriam

Thanks Glen - the train from Lithgow shoots straight through Redfern without stopping.

If it isn't a hassle, I wouldn't mind the lift. How will we co-ordinate it?

Dave
Old Feb 19, 2003, 11:51 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Location: Brisbane, Qld, Aust QF WP, OW Emerald, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, NW, SQ KF
Well, less than 24 hours to go .

NM, I hope you got on board QF532. I'll be there around 2.15pm (coming from Mt Gravatt across the Gateway) and hopefully have the room set up by 2.30pm. If the gate is close, I (and anybody else who has turned up) might even meet the SYD flight?? If I do, I'll be in a suit, deep blue RL Polo shirt and a FlyerTalk logo (looking like one of those chauffeurs - sp?)

Bundy Bear and Willyroo, presume you are coming - ETA's ?? Willyroo and IainF, yours are the only (real) names I don't have on the list - everybody else emailed me with their details.

Maybe I should just put "Moderator" down for Willyroo and see what look I get from the QF Business Staff

See you all tomorrow afternoon - looks like SYD pre-meeting at QC there is growing in numbers too.
Old Feb 20, 2003, 1:38 am
NM

Glen, I can take in one guest without a pass and have a wallet full of guest passes. So if you get stuck, just have Dave or Rod Speed paged and I'm come meet you . But if Dave books a room then there is no issue regarding non-flying.

I'm staying at Airport Hilton tonight (nice exec suite overlooking airport) and will be working from here in the morning. Should get me to the Airport by about 12:45.
Old Feb 20, 2003, 1:45 am
NM

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by LindsayWilson:
Well, less than 24 hours to go .

NM, I hope you got on board QF532. I'll be there around 2.15pm (coming from Mt Gravatt across the Gateway) and hopefully have the room set up by 2.30pm. If the gate is close, I (and anybody else who has turned up) might even meet the SYD flight?? If I do, I'll be in a suit, deep blue RL Polo shirt and a FlyerTalk logo (looking like one of those chauffeurs - sp?)
</font>
Lindsay, yes I did get on. Interesting to see that there is now 1J and 9Y showing (last night was 3J and 4Y after I changed).

I will be wearing green slacks and a navy blue and green T-shirt. I have put the bright green FT luggage tags on my wheelie case and laptop bag.
Old Feb 20, 2003, 3:21 am
Suspended
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by NM:
Lindsay, yes I did get on. Interesting to see that there is now 1J and 9Y showing (last night was 3J and 4Y after I changed)[/B]</font>
Ah, the joys of pax's last minute changes..

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2"> I will be wearing green slacks and a navy blue and green T-shirt. I have put the bright green FT luggage tags on my wheelie case and laptop bag.[/B]</font>
Well, we won't miss you in the crowd , but you'll probably all come up together in an exceptionally good mood (after QC SYD and on-board partaking of refreshments)

Sorry for delay in reply, was elsewhere in FT looking around
Old Feb 20, 2003, 3:40 am

Howdy all,

I will be wearing chino's and White Polo shirt, as well as carrying several large bags thru security. (Still haven't solved the luggage issue.)
Talk to you all tomorrow.
Cheers
Iain

------------------
Better living through chemistry.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.