Speedy Starwood Xfer

Old Jul 24, 2002, 4:30 am
Original Poster

Speedy Starwood Xfer

Does anyone know if Starwood have sped up the transfer to Qantas? I just xfered 40,000 points from Diners - Starwood and it took about 10 days and then from Starwood to Qantas was only 13 days
Old Jul 24, 2002, 5:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
OzFlyer - Can't say whether they've actually "speeded-up" the process, but I can say that my most recent transfer on 7/11, just hit last nite. I might also add, for anyone who cares, that the "increased" limit for xfers from *wood to QF does indeed work.
You can't use the web to do it, need to talk to CSR's, but you can transfer up to 200K *wood points per transfer, and they really, really go thru !!
Best Wishes.
Old Jul 24, 2002, 9:59 am

Thanks for the good info bseller! Guess I'll call today--had been doing daily web transfers, but this is great news.
Old Jul 24, 2002, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Thank you bseller.

So we just call the Starwood toll free number? I guess they have such an overhang of IT subscription points, and so many QF miles going astray, that reducing transaction errors actually saves Starwood time and money, too.

BRAVO ZULU!
Old Jul 24, 2002, 7:51 pm

Programs: AA P4L, WN, BA, DL, UA, HHonors, IHG
Hooray! My Inside Flyer transfers posted!

How long before they expire?

------------------
Middle_Seat
Old Jul 25, 2002, 4:57 am

My several hundred K transfer posted 24/7 having been initiated 8/7.
Old Jul 25, 2002, 9:17 am

I transferred in two batches on July 3 and 4. The points posted on July 24. That combined with the fact that the flights I wanted are available on the dates I wanted(JFK-LHR in F on 747, return on SST) makes me one happy guy.

Now I just have to find a cheap ticket LAX-JKF so that I can meet those flights.
Old Jul 25, 2002, 6:08 pm
Original Poster

They dont expire - just have a activity once every three years
Old Nov 14, 2002, 2:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
See SPG to Qantas in TWO DAYS!! New record? (13 Nov 02) in the Starwood forum.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum74/HTML/005535.html
Old Nov 15, 2002, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just called up Starwood half an hour ago at 10:30 a.m., Chamorro Standard Time (same as SYD), Saturday, 16 Nov 02 to make a transfer.

The agent I spoke with still thought there was a limited maximum per day, so I asked him to consult with a supervisor, with positive results. I also alerted him that because of the reduction in the 2:1 conversion ratio to 1:1, he should expect an increasing number of such conversions before the end of the year.

When making the call to Starwood, be sure to ask for and record the Order number (8 digits) and agent's name, to avoid future problems. I found that the transaction posted on my spg.com online account info within twenty minutes.

Now I have to monitor my QFF account frequently. (!)

Here is a link to the phone numbers of the Starwood Customer Contact Centers, including the one in Brisbane, Qld.

https://www.starwood.com/preferredgu...enters_na.html

Cheers!
Old Nov 16, 2002, 12:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I read on the Starwood forum that I should print out a copy (screen shot) of the spg.com transfer verification (points subtracted from my account), in case I may ever need to show Qantas.
Old Dec 19, 2002, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Starpoints were promptly subtracted, but not so the addition of Qantas miles. I eagerly checked my QF account almost daily. (!) After waiting the obligatory 30 days with no action, I used the e-mail feedback form at www.spg.com on 16 December 02 and within three days the miles were credited. All's well that ends well.

See Starwood transfers? (22 Aug 02)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum39/HTML/000885.html

See also Hoary platitudes thread (27 Sep 02)
http://www.flyertalk.com/travel/fttravel_forum/Forum44/HTML/006502.html

[Link edit.]

[This message has been edited by SPN Lifer (edited 12-20-2002).]
Old Dec 20, 2002, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The 2:1 conversion of Starpoints to Qantas miles is only valid until the end of the year.

[One can continue to get the good deal of inexpensive, easy-to-earn miles, however, by using an Australian-Dollar-denominated credit card, if one has an Australian address.]

So at 11:00 a.m., Saturday, 21 December 2002, I called Starwood to transfer my last increments of 20K Starpoints (to get the 5K bonus) to Qantas.

Starwood already had my Qantas number in their system, and I was sure to get an eight-digit order number.

I am optimistic that this time the transfer will be quicker.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.