FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qantas | Frequent Flyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer-498/)
-   -   Any bonus miles for signing up on QA FF? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer/79394-any-bonus-miles-signing-up-qa-ff.html)

dilly Aug 8, 2002 1:34 pm

Any bonus miles for signing up on QA FF?

Planning on going to OZ 1-28-03/02-15-03 on an award ticket thru USAir(flying on QA). Are there any bonus miles available for signing up on QA? On inter OZ flights I heard I can put those miles to my AA FF acct, is that correct? Or are there any other partner pgms I can credit them to?
Thanks for any help
Bob

------------------

ozzie Aug 9, 2002 2:20 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dilly:
On inter OZ flights I heard I can put those miles to my AA FF acct, is that correct? Or are there any other partner pgms I can credit them to?
Thanks for any help
Bob

</font>
Any other OneWorld partner of course, or to US.

Mwenenzi Aug 9, 2002 3:29 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dilly:
Are there any bonus miles available for signing up on QA? </font>
Not that I am aware of here in Aust. In fact quite the opposite. We have pay with our hard earned money to join.

tinkybelle Aug 9, 2002 4:01 am

Dilly!
I DID have to laugh at your topic!!!
HA !we have been paying HEAPS to be a members of this frequent flyer club.
they used to even charge us a yearly fee!!!
So glad I was able to squeeze some great itinerys out of them.
Put your miles on AA.They do look after you better.

South of the Border Aug 9, 2002 5:50 pm

You could also credit them to AS.

dilly Aug 12, 2002 11:41 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by South of the Border:
You could also credit them to AS.</font>

What's AS?

Also, is it best just to go thru Qantas to book flights within OZ, or can it be cheaper to go thru a travel agent?

Thanks

Dave Noble Aug 12, 2002 12:41 pm

What's AS?

Also, is it best just to go thru Qantas to book flights within OZ, or can it be cheaper to go thru a travel agent?

Thanks
</font>
If you are going to use the boomerang passes, then it makes no odds. I would just go straight to QF in your local country. They are good value fares with few restrictions. If you want to go for things like the "red-e deals" then go straight to the website

Dave

duxfan Aug 12, 2002 3:30 pm

AS = Alaska Air

By the way, QANTAS is QF, not QA.

You can earn miles on domestic Australia flights that count towards status if you credit to your AA account. You can also credit miles to CO and AS, but those don't count toward status.

dilly Aug 13, 2002 6:33 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Dave Noble:
If you are going to use the boomerang passes, then it makes no odds. I would just go straight to QF in your local country. They are good value fares with few restrictions. If you want to go for things like the "red-e deals" then go straight to the website

Dave
</font>
Dave: I give. What's a boomerang pass?
Thanks
Bob

Dave Noble Aug 13, 2002 7:54 am

Dave: I give. What's a boomerang pass?
Thanks
Bob

</font>
You give? Please send all donations to Me http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/smile.gif

Boomerang Passes / OW passes are available to passengers arriving into Australia on return tickets. There are 2 types, one for those arriving on a OW carrier and another for those that are not. The OW pass is slightly cheaper.

They are sold on a one way basis at , iirc, AUD240 and AUD300 per journey ( domestic transfers are permitted. e.g. PER-xSYD-xBNE-CNS would be 1 coupon and cost AUD330 ). They are booked in M class iirc. They can be used to travel to New Zealand. The country is split into zones, pretty much on an east/west divide. If you stay in one zone the lower price applies ( e.g. ADL-xMEL-xBNE-CNS would be AUD240 )

They are refundable with a 10% cancellation charge but fully flexible. Date/time changes can be made for no charge, rerouting costs AUD50. A minimum of 2 sectors has to be bought before arriving in Oz and a maximum of 10 can be purchased. ( the additional 8 can be purchased while in Oz )

They are poor value for something like SYD-MEL but great for many routes.

Dave

dilly Aug 13, 2002 8:56 am

Dave: Thanks for the great info! (the check's in the mail by the way). Couple of other ?'s. Do I get this directly thru QF? We're flying on a US reward on QF from CVG-PHL-LAX-SYD with our 1 allowed stopover, then SYD to Cairnes. We want to go from Cairnes to Hobart in Tasmania then to MEL (our allowed open jaw) where we depart to LAX, etc. It sounds like that's what we need in OZ?
Thanks
Bob

qgpv Aug 13, 2002 10:29 am

You can find detailed infos about Boomerang passes here:

http://www.qantas.com.au/regions/dyn...ials/boomerang

Dave Noble Aug 13, 2002 11:06 am

Dave: Thanks for the great info! (the check's in the mail by the way). Couple of other ?'s. Do I get this directly thru QF? We're flying on a US reward on QF from CVG-PHL-LAX-SYD with our 1 allowed stopover, then SYD to Cairnes. We want to go from Cairnes to Hobart in Tasmania then to MEL (our allowed open jaw) where we depart to LAX, etc. It sounds like that's what we need in OZ?
Thanks
Bob
</font>
Just phone up your local Qantas office and get them from there. CNS-HBA and HBA-MEL will require 2 x single zone passes

Dave