Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Do I need to get my RTW ticket reissued for changes to dates, not routes?

Old Aug 12, 02, 10:13 am
Original Poster

I just called and changed the dates for some domestic US travel on a RTW ticket I have begun travel on. The agent said I don't need to go to the airport to get the tickets reissued? That is great news, but I just wanted some confirmation from some RTW gurus here that this is correct.

Thanks,
Aussiemate
Old Aug 12, 02, 10:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by aussiemate:
I just called and changed the dates for some domestic US travel on a RTW ticket I have begun travel on. The agent said I don't need to go to the airport to get the tickets reissued? That is great news, but I just wanted some confirmation from some RTW gurus here that this is correct.

Thanks,
Aussiemate
</font>

If it is only a date/time change then you don't need to do anything. You only need a reissue if the routing changes. Now if only they could do e-tickets for RTWs , life would be even easier

Dave

[This message has been edited by Dave Noble (edited 08-12-2002).]
Old Aug 13, 02, 3:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-LTP, TP-*G, HL-D, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Unfortunately it is not the case as far as AA flights are concerned.

If your ticket has already printed AA flight numbers and dates on it, AA will need to have the correct dates showing on the ticket before they let you board. And if it means reissuing the ticket, that's what they will insist that you do and will charge you the fee for it too!

That is why it is always best to leave your domestic US travels ticket OPEN dated.
Old Aug 13, 02, 6:44 am

Programs: Lowest of the low in all airline programs but I am in the EZY FF Program!
Would they have to reissue the ticket or just use stickers to show the new times?
Old Aug 13, 02, 7:09 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Guy Betsy:
Unfortunately it is not the case as far as AA flights are concerned.

If your ticket has already printed AA flight numbers and dates on it, AA will need to have the correct dates showing on the ticket before they let you board. And if it means reissuing the ticket, that's what they will insist that you do and will charge you the fee for it too!
</font>
As long as the sectors remain the same, this will only mean a revalidation, and not a reissue - so nothing more than placing reval stickers on the flight coupons.

Dave
Old Aug 13, 02, 7:21 am
Original Poster

Thanks for all of the help. CAn any travel agent validate the flights with stickers for me, or do I have to find an AA desk somewhere?
Old Aug 13, 02, 7:39 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Gaza:
Would they have to reissue the ticket or just use stickers to show the new times?</font>
Who knows what the AA rule is this month!?! In July stickers were not allowed, and open dated ticket was not allowed for boarding on AA domestic US sectors. The entire ticket had to be reissued on AA stock and there is no USD75 change fee if no routing changes -- AA eats the cost of this multi-hour process. Everywhere else in the world stickers are used, but not by AA due to "increased security procedures". Presumably the re-issue triggers a security scan (and open-dated tickets don't for some reason). Once AA reprograms to handle open dated tickets the reissue will stop. You won't know for sure until at the ticket counter. Arrive 3 hours early if you need to be on a specific flight.
Old Aug 13, 02, 8:07 am

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
It's just a revalidation - you shouldn't even need stickers. I just did exactly the same thing today with a Star Alliance RTW ticket with changing a UA flight - they happily changed it and it shows up just fine in the res system. What's on the flight coupon is almost irrelevant as long as it shows A-B on carrier X.

------------------
RichardMEL, UA 1K
A Star Alliance Member.
Old Aug 13, 02, 8:12 am

AA does not have "stickers" and have not had them for a very long time. AA RTW desk will claim you need to re-issue but I have never had this enforced. If it is a simple date change just show up at the gate.

rich
Old Aug 13, 02, 10:35 am
Original Poster

AA RTW desk just said no reissue or revalidation needed until I show up for the flight. We'll see!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: