Search

QANTAS says Ciao to Buenos Aires

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2002, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

QANTAS says Ciao to Buenos Aires

Qantas Joins oneworld™ Partner Lan Chile for South America Services
Sydney, 26 March 2002 :

Qantas today announced that it would codeshare on services operated by oneworld™ partner Lan Chile between Sydney and Santiago, Chile, from 1 July.
Executive General Manager Sales and Marketing John Borghetti said Qantas would codeshare on three services each week between Sydney and Santiago via Auckland.

"Through the oneworld™ alliance, Qantas and Lan Chile have been working together to provide customers with the benefits of a comprehensive network, linked frequent flyer programs and smooth airport transfers.

"The addition of Santiago services to the Qantas network is a further strengthening of our relationship with Lan Chile, which will provide connections from Santiago to other South American destinations including Argentina and Brazil."

The new services to Santiago will replace Qantas flights to Buenos Aires in Argentina.

Mr Borghetti said the number of passengers travelling between Buenos Aires and Australia had decreased significantly as a result of Argentina's political and economic turmoil.

"South America is an important market for Qantas, and for Australia, and by working with Lan Chile we are able to increase the number of services between Australia and South America," he said.

The increase in services to South America will coincide with an increase in services between Australia and North America.

"Demand for travel to and from North America is continuing to recover and, from 1 July, Qantas will return to four daily services between Australia and Los Angeles. These services connect with our oneworld™ partner American Airlines to 13 other North American destinations. Qantas also operates three services per week from Australia to New York," Mr Borghetti said.

Old May 3, 2002, 6:57 pm

For anyone with reward reservations to BA-
Qantas sent me an itinery to santiago.
i have tried to find any flight from sydney or auckland to santiago and they all seem to stop in tahiti as wekk.
Does anyone know what sort of planes are on this route and what first class is like?
Also with all the drama in BA would it be worth going there?I am not booked till next year so i have a while to decide.
Any imput appreciated.

[This message has been edited by tinkybelle (edited 05-03-2002).]
Old May 3, 2002, 8:52 pm

Programs: *A Gold, OW Sapphire, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by tinkybelle:
(...)
Also with all the drama in BA would it be worth going there? (...)
</font>
Buenos Aires is still Buenos Aires. Major differences are it's now an affordable place for an Australian (or a Brazilian) as prices have been lowered and are now at the same level as our own currencies. On the other hand people in Argentina are sad and deppresed, which is more than understanding due to their the past and what they may expect from the future.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.