Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QANTAS to resume NYC service

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2001, 8:45 pm
Original Poster

QANTAS to resume NYC service

From February QANTAS will resume flights to JFK 3 times a week.
Old Dec 12, 2001, 9:40 pm
Original Member

Programs: QF Platypus UA PE MM HH Diamond
Flights will operate on each Wed, Fri and Sunday from SYD, and the same day from JFK. Commencing from 27 February.
Koala
Old Dec 13, 2001, 6:48 am

Great News!!! I wonder what they will do with those that they have already re-routed to an AA flight? I hope it will be an easy change back.

rich
Old Dec 13, 2001, 6:06 pm
Original Poster

I was rerouted to an AA JFK-LAX flight but with the QF codeshare flight number. So now I'll have the option of changing to the QF operated flight (The food really is better!)
Old Dec 14, 2001, 3:15 am

yes, QF first class sure beats even AA's transcon premium first class. Welcome news indeed.
Old Dec 14, 2001, 8:28 am

Programs: QF LT Gold, AA LT Plat and SQ bottom feeder..
QF's BUSINESS class beats AA's first class trans continental. The 767 with a DVD on your lap in 'first' doesn't compare with the 747-400. Forget about comparing the QF with AA First (trans continental).
AND the best thing is that you get to use the BA lounge at JFK - complete with showers.

AND I don't have to go thru the horrendous security queue's at LAX when changeingover to a QF flight back to Syd.

AND it is pretty empty from JFK to LAX anyway.
Does it sound that I am happy that it will be back???
(From someone who is heading back to Sydney from JFK next Wednesday and is stuck with AA to LAX)

Old Dec 14, 2001, 10:29 pm

Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia / Tallahassee, Florida, USA / QF Club; QF-Silver; OW-Ruby; AN; DL-Blue.
Is security at LAX Intl really that bad?

Its good i got 5hrs there before my flight back to oz.

Old Dec 15, 2001, 7:56 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by QantasAllTheWay:
Is security at LAX Intl really that bad?

Its good i got 5hrs there before my flight back to oz.

</font>
Are you into newsgroups? If so, you should read the horror stories on rec.travel.air - if not, email me - david AT proctor DOT net - and I will tell you how to set them up (they are free).

Dave
Old Dec 16, 2001, 7:24 pm

To be fair it looks a lot horrendous than it is. About 45 minutes last time , will let you know if it is any longer this time around.
Just aggravating to get on at JFK, go thru security and then do it again at LAX.
Old Dec 16, 2001, 11:56 pm

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
hmm. I had abotu a 30 second wait at security into UA from international arrival. Must be an AA thing!

------------------
RichardMEL, UA 1K
A Star Alliance Member.
Old Dec 17, 2001, 5:39 am

Dunno about it being an AA thing.This is outbound FROM USA and INTO International Terminal . LAX security involves all airlines queing and there were two lines , one from each end of the terminal into either of the security gates.

INTO U.S from International is a lot quicker. About 30 seconds, followed by 30 minutes whilst waiting for my'Priority' bags.
Old Dec 17, 2001, 12:34 pm

Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia / Tallahassee, Florida, USA / QF Club; QF-Silver; OW-Ruby; AN; DL-Blue.
I just went through security in LAX-5 (DL). about 15 mins to wait in line to have your boarding pass compared to your passport/ID. Then security itself is pretty ok if you dont beep (i did and got a body search, about 10 more mins in line and 5 mins search), and finally a search just before you board the plane. in ATL since i was only transferring only went through the before-the-plane check.

See what its like on the way back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.