Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Good news - Pyjamas for everyone (in J and F)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Good news - Pyjamas for everyone (in J and F)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2009, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by freofan
... Has anyone taken this flight in the last 6 months and can confirm I still won't have any problems getting a pair? ...
Originally Posted by freofan
soooooooooo.... back to my question.. .can anyone confirm I'll DEFINATELY get my PJs on QF68 HKGPER? If not I'll pack some in carry on luggage, I just don't want to have to. ...
Obviously no-one can confirm. It appears you may have to simply hope, although that flight is listed in posts 1 and 3.
Old Sep 16, 2009, 10:32 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by og
Would anyone really be seen in QF J PJs ?
Originally Posted by wijomas
Since I last posted on this subject saying I wouldn't be seen dead in my Qantas PJ's in public, I've been to maccas twice in them Drive-thru, admittedly, but still.
I've seen people wearing the QF J PJ top (with jeans and shoes) on AA domestic flights out of LAX. I assumed they'd arrived on QF and wore it through AA customs, immigration, transfer, security, etc.

Personally, I often wear QF (or CX) PJs on AA flights across either ocean. But just on the plane, and as PJs (both top and bottom, and flips instead not shoes).
Old Sep 17, 2009, 4:26 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by anabolism
I've seen people wearing the QF J PJ top (with jeans and shoes) on AA domestic flights out of LAX. I assumed they'd arrived on QF and wore it through AA customs, immigration, transfer, security, etc.

Personally, I often wear QF (or CX) PJs on AA flights across either ocean. But just on the plane, and as PJs (both top and bottom, and flips instead not shoes).
I see people wearing them on a Saturday morning walking up and down Balmoral Beach.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 4:46 am

Programs: UA GM, QF Bronze, Sugar and Spice buy 6 cups get one free offer card holder
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
I see people wearing them on a Saturday morning walking up and down Balmoral Beach.
I wear them whilst driving from work to home. I have a run then a shower at work then change into my PJs and drive home (I live 90 mins from work)

I have worn them into the service station with a pair of uggies.

On the weekends if I don't have to go out I will spend all day in them.

Unfortunately they are wearing out fast...any spare ones people might want to donate?
Old Sep 21, 2009, 7:49 pm

Location: Home of the 2001 & 2004 Rugby Super 12 Champions - the Brumbies (Canberra, ACT) and Australia's best ski resort (Thredbo, NSW)
Programs: QF SG (LT PS, 54% LT SG), Priority Club Gold
I'm back from 3 months in Thredbo, managing my ski club's lodge and instructing. Had an incident in late August, the lodge's fire alarm went off at 0450 and I had to evacuate the lodge. I was wearing my QF J PJs and when I got everyone out one of the club members was also wearing her QF PJs, which made us both laugh. I started a new fashion trend of the QF PJs and Thredbo red and blue Karbon ski jacket combo, much to the amusement of the Thredbo fire brigade. A couple of the instructors are firerys and I was reminded of my attire in the lunch room that day. BTW it was a false alarm.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 9:07 am

Programs: Emirates Gold, SQ Gold, Jet Airways Gold, BA Silver, Qatar Silver, Starwood Lifetime Gold
Love the Qantas J-class pajamas. Any idea of they are for sale anywhere (for example on the Qantas website)?
Old Jan 25, 2010, 4:02 pm

Programs: QF Platinum & Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Sankaps
Love the Qantas J-class pajamas. Any idea of they are for sale anywhere (for example on the Qantas website)?
I suggest you try E-Bay.
Old Jan 25, 2010, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by QF Lad
I suggest you try E-Bay.
There are always plenty of PJ's (from both F and J) on ebay. It does surprise me sometimes what people sell and buy!
Old Jul 14, 2011, 9:20 pm

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Are pajamas provided in J on DFW-SYD?
Old Jul 14, 2011, 10:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jkm024
Yes, why do you think that you won't get them?
Old Jul 14, 2011, 10:59 pm

Programs: QF WP (LTG), AA, SPG Gold, IC Plat Amb, Hyatt Plat, HH Gold.
Originally Posted by jkm024
(DFW-BNE-SYD, you mean!) And yes, thay are.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 12:39 am

Originally Posted by matthandy
Yes, why do you think that you won't get them?
So the plane can make it non-stop to Brisbane...every kg/lb counts!
Old Jul 15, 2011, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by Platinum A332
So the plane can make it non-stop to Brisbane...every kg/lb counts!
I'm wearing a pair now, and it's not kg/lb, it's oz/gm - they are quite lightweight and am feeling it a bit here where the temperature outside is ~6°C.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 6:21 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by serfty
I'm wearing a pair now, and it's not kg/lb, it's oz/gm - they are quite lightweight and am feeling it a bit here where the temperature outside is ~6°C.
I prefer my F PJs. Much nicer - and far more respectable without that dreadful roo on the top. But then again, for pure w... value, the CX PJs are the only ones to be seen in
Old Jul 15, 2011, 7:13 am

I have always declined the PJ's - now that I hear they trade on ebay I better grab them! I hope people who get them continue to use them (ie - not just throw away after the flight)

those toiletry kits drive me crazy with the waste of resources (and I am not particularly an environmentalist) - I just wonder how many of those flight socks, cases and eye masks get thrown in the bin each day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.