Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Good news - Pyjamas for everyone (in J and F)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Good news - Pyjamas for everyone (in J and F)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2011, 10:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Late reply. Flew eze-syd and received pjs. Flight was a day flight with awesome views of the ice near the south pole.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 10:11 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by worldiswide
Late reply. Flew eze-syd and received pjs. Flight was a day flight with awesome views of the ice near the south pole.
Wow you went over South Pole?....I only did SYD-EZE sector and scored spectatcular views of Andes mountains over Chile.

CJ
Old Nov 14, 2011, 10:18 pm

It was a beautiful clear day. You fly as far south as commercial navigation can go and then make a turn towards Australia. I have pictures from the window of the ice. By far the coolest window viewing we've had in years of travel. It was cool.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 10:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
Is there a difference in quality of PJs handed out in F vs. J? How do they compare to PJs from CX F? Do they run larger than CX PJs?
Old Nov 15, 2011, 7:07 am

This may be a little out of date but j pjs on qf were grey cotton with a kangaroo on the tshirt. F pjs were a better material grey lightweight with three buttons and a collar. They ran large. I have an extra size so and he was able to wear the qf f pjs. On cx the f pjs are blue shanghai tang mandarin collar button shirt and pants. Very nice. They also wash well. The qf don't tend to shrink in the wash.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 7:46 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by Cedar Jet
I change into PJ's as soon as I board!. Whats the use of being in a flat bed in clothes? They make the flight significantly more comfortable to sleep / lounge in. I walk around / go to bars etc in PJ's too
I change into the PJs as soon as I board as well. But I've never worn them except on flights (only because I don't wear PJs at home) -- but you wear them out to bars? Does it make for good conversation starters?
Old Jan 29, 2012, 5:57 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
QF78 SIN-PER (dep 1945, arr 0100) does not offer pyjamas.
Old Jan 29, 2012, 6:06 pm

Programs: QF WP LTG, HHonors Diamond, NZ Gold
Originally Posted by anabolism
I change into the PJs as soon as I board as well. But I've never worn them except on flights (only because I don't wear PJs at home) -- but you wear them out to bars? Does it make for good conversation starters?
I wore a pair of mine for a recent hospital stay (I don't wear PJs at home) ... a good conversation starter as they were recognized immediately by the admitting nurse.

BD
Old Jan 30, 2012, 2:13 am

Programs: QF WP (LTG), AA, SPG Gold, IC Plat Amb, Hyatt Plat, HH Gold.
Originally Posted by BD1959
I wore a pair of mine for a recent hospital stay (I don't wear PJs at home) ... a good conversation starter as they were recognized immediately by the admitting nurse.

BD
But were they F or J?
You might get a different menu and treatment if they knew you were used to the best of things.....
Old Jan 30, 2012, 2:59 am

Programs: QF P1 + LTG VA Plat, AA nothing, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
They make great house-painting overalls
I don't like the colour of the F PJ's it would be better aesthetically IMHO if they made those in grey. The cloth is fairly reasonable quality and comfortable but that brown shade is all kinds of wrong.

EDIT:
Just realised it looks grey to another FT and therefore my post looks silly or else I am colorblind or both ops:
Old Jan 30, 2012, 4:26 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by Princess fiona
I don't like the colour of the F PJ's it would be better aesthetically IMHO if they made those in grey. The cloth is fairly reasonable quality and comfortable but that brown shade is all kinds of wrong.
The grey PJs make really good bike chain cleaning rags. The black grease blends with the grey material far more aesthetically pleasingly than with grease on the brown F ones
Old Jan 30, 2012, 11:58 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by BD1959
Hah, I love it! Had the nurse flown QF F or J, then?

I hope the hospital stay wasn't too unpleasant and that you are fully recovered now.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 2:39 am

Programs: QF
I have a QF J award LHR-SYD on BA CW.
I think I'm entitled to QF PJ's too.
Old Jan 31, 2012, 2:40 am

Programs: QF
deleted, duplicate post

Last edited by blutek; May 18, 2012 at 6:35 am
Old Feb 25, 2012, 10:04 pm

Programs: QF, AA, UA, AS, SW, CO
Originally Posted by Princess fiona

EDIT:
Just realised it looks grey to another FT and therefore my post looks silly or else I am colorblind or both ops:
Agree that the colour of the F PJs is wrong. I see it as a brown that can't decide which part of the colour wheel it came from.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.