Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Another scare - QF49 power failure

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2000, 5:14 am
Original Poster

Another scare - QF49 power failure

I hate to alarm you folks but there was another unpleasant incident on Qantas. QF49 763 from Sydney to Auckland lost its cabin power while landing. The incident was described as a "minor electrical malfunction" by QF management but most pax were in fear of crashing as the landing took place in pitch darkness. This is a third safety related incident in less than a week. On Sunday QF South Africa bound plane was grounded due to mechanical failure, QF from Hong Kong was grounded because of electrical problems and now this.... Seems like Qantas is trying to earn the title of the world's unsafest airline. For further info check out www.news.com.au and follow Qantas links... there are plenty of them.

[This message has been edited by Spider (edited 05-11-2000).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.