A380 Destinations and Schedule

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2008, 3:23 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by Lonely Flyer
You still driving that P76 og
Hey, the old P76 Targa Florio with the 3.5l v8 and all the goodies looked great on paper. After seeing how it lasted on the road (at least those painted purple), perhaps it should just have stayed on paper!
Old Jan 30, 2008, 11:33 am

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
When will schedules be out?

Originally Posted by GoldFlyer
I agree with serfty in this. Putting an A380 on one of the SYD/LAX run would probably be too much capacity initially. I think QF are happy with the 3xdaily service with the 747's ,not forgetting the SFO service.

It's my guess that QF11/12 will be the first SYD service with the A380 once they have enough of them.
When will actual schedules for the use of the A380 be out? With February here, I'd think some A380's would be popping up in fall/winter timetables.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 2:58 pm

Programs: QF LTS, Marriott LTP, ALL GOLD
Originally Posted by Weatherboy
When will actual schedules for the use of the A380 be out? With February here, I'd think some A380's would be popping up in fall/winter timetables.

Perhaps they are waiting for Virgin to announce V asutralia so they can try and truin some of their launch and PR spin
Old Jan 31, 2008, 3:39 pm

Programs: QC Life, QFF Gold, VA Gold, HH nothing,IHG Gold
Singapore Airlines have only just announced their A380 flight schedules for SIN-LHR with the first flight being the 18-March. I think it will be awhile before we see a flight schedule released from Qantas.

I would still expect the first QF A380 flight to be sometime in August so I wouldn't expect to hear an announcement until June at the earliest.
Old Jan 31, 2008, 10:40 pm

Programs: QFF WP :-0, AC, FlyBuys, Porter's Liquor Store, Mother's Helper
Originally Posted by Bundy Bear
Singapore Airlines have only just announced their A380 flight schedules for SIN-LHR with the first flight being the 18-March. I think it will be awhile before we see a flight schedule released from Qantas.

I would still expect the first QF A380 flight to be sometime in August so I wouldn't expect to hear an announcement until June at the earliest.
...and as with the first scheduled A330 flight by Qantas, it became a very movable feast - I know .
Old Feb 18, 2008, 6:52 pm

Programs: Hertz PC, QF Plat, Velocity Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Well I have just managed to grab 2 x business class award tickets for QF93 MEL-LAX in late January 09.

Wondering if QF will add Premium Economy Award tickets once they load the A380 in the system

Hoping it's the A380 !

Last edited by AndDee; Feb 18, 2008 at 6:54 pm Reason: Wrong Thread
Old Feb 18, 2008, 7:39 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
and a warning of issues that can occur until the fleet gets up to large enough levels

http://business.smh.com.au/passenger...0219-1sz9.html
Old Feb 18, 2008, 8:50 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by moa999
and a warning of issues that can occur until the fleet gets up to large enough levels

http://business.smh.com.au/passenger...0219-1sz9.html
rubbish - the same effect can occur no matter what the size of fleet - generally airlines do not have spare a/c sitting around at airports that are not hubs just in case of a mechanical
Old Feb 18, 2008, 9:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Then again, I suggest that SIN (where this happened) is somewhat of a Hub for SQ.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 9:17 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by serfty
Then again, I suggest that SIN (where this happened) is somewhat of a Hub for SQ.
sure - but could just as easily happen away from hub (as it has in the past for SQ, QF, and just about every airline)
Old Feb 18, 2008, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Yeah, but as per the gist of moa999's post, in a year or two, SQ would have quite a few more A380 available at SIN making the option of an aircraft swap rather than an equipment change more possible.
Old Mar 6, 2008, 3:48 am

First A380 (OQA) a/c due SYD around second week of AUG.

Expect to see her zipping around the Eastcoast for most of SEP, before entering service when the second A380 arrives in OCT to ops MEL-LAX-MEL 2 x pw, and SYD-LAX-SYD 3 x pw.

Oh, and don't be suprised if an Emirates A380 is floating around Oz at the same time!

Last edited by Chuukie; Mar 6, 2008 at 3:51 am Reason: Ek goss
Old Mar 6, 2008, 3:54 am

Programs: Hertz PC, QF Plat, Velocity Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Chuukie

Expect to see her zipping around the Eastcoast for most of SEP, before entering service when the second A380 arrives in OCT to ops MEL-LAX-MEL 2 x pw, and SYD-LAX-SYD 3 x pw.
Hmm this is the first we have heard that the A380's will be used outside of the MEL-LAX-MEL route.

I was under the impression that the first 2 A380's would be dedicated to the MEL-LAX-MEL route due to cargo and passenger loads on this long route.

Hmmm hopefully she is put on a few domestic flights (from the Int Terminal) and I can try her out though.

Really hoping my flight in late Jan (MEL-LAX) is on the A380
Old Mar 6, 2008, 4:31 am

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Oh, and don't be suprised if an Emirates A380 is floating around Oz at the same time!
You mean flying in and out of BNE..
Don't think Emirates will be floating a plane!
Old Mar 6, 2008, 4:37 am

Expect to see her zipping around the Eastcoast for most of SEP
2nd week of Aug is 4 to 10 Aug. Or is it the first, and the second is 11 to 17 Aug?

Will Qantas A380 serve Peking between 8th and 24th of August?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.