Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

How do you find the fare class on Qantas.com ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How do you find the fare class on Qantas.com ?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2013, 7:28 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
That Firefox add-on is a godsend.
Old May 14, 2013, 3:41 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
I'm still very confused at how to find the fare class on Qantas.com.... I'm trying to book some "Sale" fares but I can't seem to find anywhere the letter as I would like to accrue the miles on AsiaMiles... but if AsiaMiles does not allow that, then I would put them on Qantas...

I tried the ITA tool but somehow it's not returning the same fares as qantas.com.... ?
Old May 14, 2013, 5:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by enelym1978
I'm still very confused at how to find the fare class on Qantas.com.... I'm trying to book some "Sale" fares but I can't seem to find anywhere the letter as I would like to accrue the miles on AsiaMiles... but if AsiaMiles does not allow that, then I would put them on Qantas...

I tried the ITA tool but somehow it's not returning the same fares as qantas.com.... ?
See post 9 for advice ...
Old May 14, 2013, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Also, IME the technique in post 8 can now be deployed as follows (which has the advantage of being available one step earlier in the booking process).

Get the page that has the different prices for different flights on the same day.

View the page source.

Use CTRL+F to find, in the source code, the price that you're interested in followed by a full stop. For example, if you see a displayed price of "$139", use CTRL+F to search for "139."

You should see the instances of this price buried in code that reads something like:
{"id":0,"mixedCabins":[],"rbds":["O"],"amountForOne":139.0,"amountForAll":139.0}
In this example, the bolded part of the code shows that it's an O class fare.

I find this to be at least 95% reliable, at least for single sector journeys, which is good enough for me. If there's something I really can't find this way, then I know I can go one step further and try what's in post 9.

Unfortunately, ITA often won't return the low fares that you can see on qantas.com because the relevant fares are not available for sale in ITA's location and no amount of messing about with options can get ITA to show these fares.
Old May 17, 2013, 1:45 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Thanks both for your help. I tried to see the codes on the selection page but was unsuccessful... however, at the Review page, it works better, thanks a lot!
Old Jun 26, 2013, 11:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by serfty
I brushed the cobwebs off my JavaScript hat, put it on and did some coding.

I have set up a GreaseMonkey script to present the fare buckets to punters as the 'review' page comes up.

Any who would like to test it, please PM me. ...
With the advent of the new booking interface on Qantas.com (http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qanta...site-asas.html), the original GM script no longer works.

Here's the link for a revised GreaseMonkey script that works with the new engine (please PM me with any errors or issues): qantas_booking_class.user.js

(For that that had the previous version of the script loaded I suggest you uninstall that for housekeeping before loading this new one.)
Old Jun 27, 2013, 12:06 am

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Thanks serfty.

Seems to work OK.

Note for others.
This script will pop up a text box showing the booking class as you move between the "Select" and "Check" (formerly Review) Tabs in the Qantas booking engines.

Show Qantas Booking Class Utility:

The Fare buckets for your selected flights are:

Journey 1: QF429 (SYD/MEL), Class: Q
Journey 2: QF466 (MEL/SYD), Class: O

Click OK to continue
Note that the method described in post #19 on the Select page still seems to work as well.

Last edited by moa999; Jun 27, 2013 at 12:14 am
Old Jun 27, 2013, 8:25 pm

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
On the "Check" page, looking at the page source and searching for "classes" should work for all journeys. How to do this will differ from browser to browser.

Happy wandering

Fred
Old Dec 3, 2015, 10:33 am

Programs: Nothing shiny :-(
Is there any way of finding the fare class after you have bought a ticket?
Old Dec 3, 2015, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by louie-m
Is there any way of finding the fare class after you have bought a ticket?
Look up your booking on www.qantas.com/yourbooking - it should show the booking class fare bucket for each segment.

For a short cut I have set up a greasemonkey script to summarise booking information into the floating left hand menu.

Anyone can directly load it using this link: Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey Script for Qantas MMB booking summary display

Install Greasemonkey (Firefox) or Tampermonkey (Chrome) before installing the above script.

Last edited by serfty; Dec 3, 2015 at 4:23 pm
Old Jan 15, 2017, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hmmm ... since some recent changes to the booking engine, I will need to revisit the script.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 5:09 pm

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
Originally Posted by serfty
Hmmm ... since some recent changes to the booking engine, I will need to revisit the script.
Hmmm ... since some recent changes to the booking engine, QF will need to revisit the pages.

Probably a "more correct" observation.

Pages haven't worked for me for weeks on Firefox and today failed on Chrome. But then again I'm still on XP....

Happy wandering

Fred
Old Oct 25, 2017, 10:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, EK Gold, CX Silver
Any other way to look for the booking class - manually in the page source? I tried looking for fareclass, bookingclass, bucket, etc with no luck.

Last edited by sabbasolo; Oct 25, 2017 at 11:09 pm
Old Oct 26, 2017, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Use FireFox.

Look in the source of the "Flight Bookings - Review" page¹ for entries "rdb":"x" where x will represent the booking fare bucket for the segment.

The occurrences are in order of flight segments and are repeated.

To make it easier to see, I copy the entire content of the source to a notepad++ document and replace all occurrences of "rbd":" with \r\n"rbd":" using 'extended' search mode.

Code:
  <!DOCTYPE html> <html lang="en" xml:lang="en" > <head>  <meta charset="utf-8"> <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1, shrink-to-fit=no"> <meta http-equiv="x-ua-compatible" content="ie=edge"> <link rel="apple-touch-icon-precomposed" sizes="114x114" href=
"rbd":"O","cachedOperatingCarrierCode":"EK","realCabinCode":"E","flightNumberToDisplay":"8407","cachedAirlineCode":"QF","duration":51000000,"endLocationCode":"DXB3","beginCityName":"Melbourne","endCityName":"Dubai","beginLocationCode":"MEL2"},{"beginDate":1509784200000,"endDate":1509
"rbd":"O","cachedOperatingCarrierCode":"QF_0","realCabinCode":"E","flightNumberToDisplay":"9","cachedAirlineCode":"QF","duration":29400000,"endLocationCode":"LHR3","beginCityName":"Dubai","endCityName":"London","beginLocationCode":"DXB3"}],"itemId":"0","opAirlines":[{"code":"EK","cap
"rbd":"S","cachedOperatingCarrierCode":"QF_0","realCabinCode":"E","flightNumberToDisplay":"2","cachedAirlineCode":"QF","duration":81900000,"endLocationCode":"SYD1","beginCityName":"London","endCityName":"Sydney","beginLocationCode":"LHR3"},{"beginDate":1510398000000,"endDate":1510403
"rbd":"S","cachedOperatingCarrierCode":"QF_0","realCabinCode":"E","flightNumberToDisplay":"427","cachedAirlineCode":"QF","duration":5700000,"endLocationCode":"MEL1","beginCityName":"Sydney","endCityName":"Melbourne","beginLocationCode":"SYD3"}],"itemId":"1","opAirlines":[],"subsidiar
"rbd":"O","cachedOperatingCarrierCode":"EK","realCabinCode":"E","flightNumberToDisplay":"8407","cachedAirlineCode":"QF","duration":51000000,"endLocationCode":"DXB3","beginCityName":"Melbourne","endCityName":"Dubai","beginLocationCode":"MEL2"},{"beginDate":1509784200000,"endDate":1509
"rbd":"O","cachedOperatingCarrierCode":"QF_0","realCabinCode":"E","flightNumberToDisplay":"9","cachedAirlineCode":"QF","duration":29400000,"endLocationCode":"LHR3","beginCityName":"Dubai","endCityName":"London","beginLocationCode":"DXB3"}],"AUEURED":[{"beginDate":1510260300000,"endDa
"rbd":"S","cachedOperatingCarrierCode":"QF_0","realCabinCode":"E","flightNumberToDisplay":"2","cachedAirlineCode":"QF","duration":81900000,"endLocationCode":"SYD1","beginCityName":"London","endCityName":"Sydney","beginLocationCode":"LHR3"},{"beginDate":1510398000000,"endDate":1510403
"rbd":"S","cachedOperatingCarrierCode":"QF_0","realCabinCode":"E","flightNumberToDisplay":"427","cachedAirlineCode":"QF","duration":5700000,"endLocationCode":"MEL1","beginCityName":"Sydney","endCityName":"Melbourne","beginLocationCode":"SYD3"}]},"isInternationalMarket":true,"isAsianR
"rbd":"O","cachedOperatingCarrierCode":"QF_0","realCabinCode":"E","flightNumberToDisplay":"9","cachedAirlineCode":"QF","duration":29400000,"endLocationCode":"LHR3","beginCityName":"Dubai","endCityName":"London","beginLocationCode":"DXB3"}],"itemId":"0","opAirlines":[{"code":"EK","cap
"rbd":"S","cachedOperatingCarrierCode":"QF_0","realCabinCode":"E","flightNumberToDisplay":"427","cachedAirlineCode":"QF","duration":5700000,"endLocationCode":"MEL1","beginCityName":"Sydney","endCityName":"Melbourne","beginLocationCode":"SYD3"}],"itemId":"1","opAirlines":[],"subsidiar
<div style="position: absolute; top: 50%; transform: translateY(-50%); margin-left: 16.66667%; width: 66.66667%; float: left;">
<div style="margin-left: -2px; margin-right: -2px;">
¹ The one after you select the flights.

Last edited by serfty; Oct 26, 2017 at 8:48 pm
Old Oct 26, 2017, 10:24 pm

Programs: NZ
I can see it in Chrome ... but, yes, the source code is "dense"!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.