Wiki Posts
Search

Qf 6621 lre-syd?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2007, 6:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP, QP Life, LT Gold, AA, DL
Qf 6621 lre-syd?

Well here I sit at the SYD T3 QF Dom Lounge waiting for the afternoon direct flight to HBA (work/holiday), and on the arrival display in the lounge I see QF 6621 from LRE arriving at 14:35. Upon checking the website, there is no 6621 scheduled to arrive, nor does there seem to be a direct flight on the weekly view.

Does anyone have any info about this flight?

I'm interested beacuse I have always wanted to go to LRE to go to the museum, but it's costly either in terms of points or $$ from here (SYD), and the connections via BNE don't thrill me. (I know, I know, I've become spoilt...)

Thanks,

Medicus
Old Nov 17, 2007, 7:53 pm

Programs: QF SG, AA Plat
From the YSSY Msg Board:

"Just listening to the scanner and heard Qantas 6102 inbound to Longreach. Any idea what it is?? "

"It's a charter flight for the Anniversary dinner. QF 6621 will also fly out (737-400) bound for Sydney."

http://www.vpmag.com/yssy/viewtopic.php?t=20486
Old Nov 18, 2007, 12:45 am

Programs: Virgin Australia Velocity Gold
Hi Medicus

Your answer has been provided in the link supplied by Chrisb.

However, for future reference:
Code:
QF6102 = Domestic repositioning flight
QF6621 = Domestic publicity flight
I believe the 707 is now also on show at QFOM - and part of the celebration would be about that I would imagine.

Also note that QF6*** flight numbers will not appear on the Qantas.com arrivals/departures page. To see these you must check the Sydney Airport flight info page.

Cheers
Old Nov 18, 2007, 7:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP, QP Life, LT Gold, AA, DL
Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.