Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

4 segments enforced for QF status (merged thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

4 segments enforced for QF status (merged thread)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2007, 2:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
4 segment QF to be enforced for status?

Interesting to see in the March QF newsletter that we are 'reminded that to gain or requalify for status' (or words to that effect) you need to complete at least four segments on Qantas services.

Wonder if this is now going to be enforced?

Regards

LME etc etc
Old Mar 14, 2007, 2:50 am
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
Wonder if this is now going to be enforced?
Especially for those who "requalify" by virtue of Lifetime Status ,
Old Mar 14, 2007, 7:59 am
jez

Haven't flown QF for almost 6 years, kept requalifying for QF silver since then - been flying AA/BA mostly.
Old Mar 14, 2007, 9:57 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
BA enforces the 4 segment rule quite strictly. A lot of the QFF provisions seem to be modeled on BAEC, so this is not entirely implausible. The other OW airlines seem to ignore this 4 segment requirement (whch they all have, so this must have been one of those OW negotiated rules). But QFF seems to be trying to expand and increase their membership (making QFF more valuable if spun off), so I doubt there will be much enforcement this year.
Old Mar 14, 2007, 10:25 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by number_6
BA enforces the 4 segment rule quite strictly. A lot of the QFF provisions seem to be modeled on BAEC, so this is not entirely implausible. The other OW airlines seem to ignore this 4 segment requirement (whch they all have, so this must have been one of those OW negotiated rules). But QFF seems to be trying to expand and increase their membership (making QFF more valuable if spun off), so I doubt there will be much enforcement this year.
Can confirm this. My boss was a long time BA Gold and when he only did 2 BA flights in a year and the rest with QF they downgraded him to blue. VS then matched his old status and he is now also in QFF.
Old Mar 14, 2007, 10:44 am

Programs: Muccihood de la Rotisserie Doree, BAEC Gold, SAS Eurobonus basic, Ansett Golden Wing :-(
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
Can confirm this. My boss was a long time BA Gold and when he only did 2 BA flights in a year and the rest with QF they downgraded him to blue. VS then matched his old status and he is now also in QFF.
That doesn't sound quite right; BA operate a "soft landing" for Golds who don't requalify, that is they drop to Silver for the next year, and only down to Blue the year after.

JS
Old Mar 14, 2007, 11:55 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by James S
That doesn't sound quite right; BA operate a "soft landing" for Golds who don't requalify, that is they drop to Silver for the next year, and only down to Blue the year after.
That is when you fail to get enough tier points. If you fail to fly 4 BA segments, even if you have enough tier points for Gold, the status becomes blue. I know someone who had enough tier points for partner gold but only flew 2 BA segments (didn't pay attention), and BAEC woldn't do comp the status, just said "try again next year". BA has some quaint policies.
Old Mar 14, 2007, 3:56 pm

Programs: QF, GF, VA, AA
Does an award segment count towards the four with QF?
Old Mar 14, 2007, 6:53 pm
NM

I know someone who had enough tier points for partner gold but only flew 2 BA segments (didn't pay attention) ...
Would that be Partner Silver in the BA program?? I didn't think they had Partner Gold .
Old Mar 14, 2007, 10:26 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by NM
Would that be Partner Silver in the BA program?? I didn't think they had Partner Gold .
BAEC has a lot of informal benefits at the top end, and partner gold is one of them (case of wine at xmas is another). Most (maybe all) Premiers have partner gold, and some BA golds who are premier candidates but aren't premier also have partner gold. Weekly F travel on BA seems to do the trick. Unless you forget to credit it to BAEC. QF doesn't do anything similar for CL. I keep hoping for lifetime platinum (then I'd start crediting back to QFF instead of AA).
Old Mar 15, 2007, 2:20 am
NM

I keep hoping for lifetime platinum (then I'd start crediting back to QFF instead of AA).
I suspect the only time we will see Lifetime Platinum on QF is when they introduce something like Exec Platinum and roll the lower tiers - in an attempt to reduce the benefits due to the growing number of Lifetime Gold and Lifetime Silver members .
Old Mar 15, 2007, 2:27 am

Programs: Muccihood de la Rotisserie Doree, BAEC Gold, SAS Eurobonus basic, Ansett Golden Wing :-(
That is when you fail to get enough tier points. If you fail to fly 4 BA segments, even if you have enough tier points for Gold, the status becomes blue. I know someone who had enough tier points for partner gold but only flew 2 BA segments (didn't pay attention), and BAEC woldn't do comp the status, just said "try again next year". BA has some quaint policies.
On the other hand:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...62&postcount=4
Old Mar 15, 2007, 3:17 pm

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
BAEC has a lot of informal benefits at the top end, and partner gold is one of them (case of wine at xmas is another). Most (maybe all) Premiers have partner gold, and some BA golds who are premier candidates but aren't premier also have partner gold. Weekly F travel on BA seems to do the trick. Unless you forget to credit it to BAEC. QF doesn't do anything similar for CL. I keep hoping for lifetime platinum (then I'd start crediting back to QFF instead of AA).
Partners of CL obtain comp CL status with all bells and whistles...

Mark
Old Mar 15, 2007, 3:39 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by James S

JS
Well, at least this is the story my boss told me. No idea whether it is correct. Sometimes blue cards make for a much nicer story than silver cards....
Old Mar 15, 2007, 4:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
I don't believe this to be the case - and I know this from personal family experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.