Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

4 segments enforced for QF status (merged thread)

4 segments enforced for QF status (merged thread)

Old Jul 16, 08, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TerryK View Post
Would a AA codeshare on QF metal qualify after 01-Jan-09??
I doubt that it is their intention, but the wording would say so

Dave
Old Jul 16, 08, 5:15 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Aus_Mal View Post
And they've tightened up the T&C's to enforce this fully from Jan 1 09

(a) Clause 20.1.5 will read - The travel required in each Membership Year to attain or retain Silver, Gold or Platinum status level must include a minimum of four Eligible Flight Segments on Qantas, QantasLink or Jetstar.

The current clause:

20.1.5 The travel required in each Membership Year to attain or retain Silver, Gold or Platinum status level must include a minimum of four Eligible Flight Segments where Qantas, QantasLink or a Jetstar Airline is the Marketing Carrier.

I wonder if they've had people successfully challenge the 4 sector rule claiming some technicality?
I have found my confusion on the matter by re-reading exactly what Qantas have written (i.e. read section 25.1 very carefully).

The current clause is this:

The travel required in each Membership Year to attain or retain Silver, Gold or Platinum status level must include a minimum of four Eligible Flight Segments on Qantas, QantasLink or Jetstar.
From Jan 1, 2009 it is this

The travel required in each Membership Year to attain or retain Silver, Gold or Platinum status level must include a minimum of four Eligible Flight Segments where Qantas, QantasLink or a Jetstar Airline is the Marketing Carrier.
Old Jul 17, 08, 12:57 am

Originally Posted by perthite View Post
I have found my confusion on the matter by re-reading exactly what Qantas have written (i.e. read section 25.1 very carefully).
Indeed! I got them around the wrong way when I pasted here:

Despite clause 1.2, clauses 20.1.5, 22.1 and 22.3 in these Terms and Conditions are effective on and from 1 January 2009 only. Until that date the following clauses are amended to read as follows:
(with the Marketing Carrier part only taking affect in 2009)