Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

4 segments enforced for QF status (merged thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

4 segments enforced for QF status (merged thread)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2007, 12:31 am

Mine hasn't disappeared, and I've satisfied the requirement..
Old Apr 15, 2007, 12:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by flashware
Mine hasn't disappeared, and I've satisfied the requirement..
I have met the requirement and on the page it stays

Code:
Current Status: Platinum 
Status reassessment will occur: 31 Dec 2007 
Status credits earned from 01 Jan 2007: aaa
Additional Status credits required by 31 Dec 2007 to retain Platinum:  bbb
Additional Status credits required by 31 Dec 2007 to receive
complimentary 'Partner Gold' membership:  ccc

whilst a friend which hasn't has

Code:
Current Status: Bronze 
Status credits earned from 01 Nov 2006: 120 
Additional Status credits required by 31 Oct 2007 to attain Silver:  230 
Qantas segments flown: 2

so I just assumed that the segment count disappears once 4 is reached

Dave
Old Apr 15, 2007, 1:31 am

Programs: QF SG, AA Plat
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Have you met the 4 flight requirement? If so, that will be why it has disappeared

Dave
Ahh - yep.

Now i just need Qantas to comp my Silver again before the end of May.. 75 SC's short due to booking most of my flights to AA.

Chrisb.
Old Apr 15, 2007, 4:36 am

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by number_6
QF already has some lounges today which don't allow QP access, and this could grow.
What QF lounges (other than F lounges) don't allow QP access? My understanding is that all QF Domestic and International J lounges are available to QP members.
Old Apr 15, 2007, 11:32 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by Traveloguy
What QF lounges (other than F lounges) don't allow QP access? My understanding is that all QF Domestic and International J lounges are available to QP members.
DPS comes immediately to mind, I think there are about a dozen total around the world (mostly contract lounges used by QF for J and allowing OW status based access but not allowing QP membership access). It caught my eye because it was so odd. They are all at non-mainstream locations (though the new NRT lounge QF is building may not be a QP, rumour has it). Luckily the new LAX common lounge in TBIT will be a QP -- pretty chaotic if it were not!
Old Apr 15, 2007, 1:25 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
DPS comes immediately to mind, I think there are about a dozen total around the world (mostly contract lounges used by QF for J and allowing OW status based access but not allowing QP membership access). It caught my eye because it was so odd. They are all at non-mainstream locations (though the new NRT lounge QF is building may not be a QP, rumour has it). Luckily the new LAX common lounge in TBIT will be a QP -- pretty chaotic if it were not!
BA also has some lounges like you've described.

The BA lounge at TPA is one such lounge. You can get in if in BA F/J, but OW status is meaningless here, be it AA EXP or QF SG.
Old Apr 15, 2007, 1:37 pm

By definition, a contract lounge is not a QP! All of QF's wholly owned lounges are accessible with a QP membership. You perhaps need to recall the a QP membership only allows access to QF and a select group of partner lounges including most owned and operated by BA and AA. When people sign up to QP they get a booklet that describes exactly which lounges members get access to.

If there is a single QF wholly owned lounge that QP members cannot access (and does not include F lounges) then please share with us those lounges as none that you have mentioned above fit the bill, as I do not believe there are any!

Old Apr 15, 2007, 2:53 pm
Original Member

I was careful to use the correct nomenclature: QF lounges. Not Qantas Club. And nothing about QF owned lounges (several Qantas Clubs are not QF owned!). You seem to have interpreted QF lounge to mean Qantas Club. Of course all QC locations, called QP in FT jargon, allow QP card access. Some non-QC locations also allow QP access, but it doesn't affect me so I cannot be bothered to compile a list. Perhaps someone who uses a QP for access can compile this list. I just know that QF has different access rules for different lounges, sometimes they make sense (e.g. it costs QF a fee for every pax using the lounge), sometimes it makes no sense at all. It is gone now, but the old QF lounge at FRA, primarily a DL CRC and I think owned and operated by DL, was also a QP for a while. QF seems to come up with some strange lounge scenarios. I am greatly puzzled about their NRT strategy, where they are operating without a lounge for 6+ months in order to build a QF lounge -- when AA and CX just opened brand new lounges, which they could have used instead. Maybe QF has big plans for competing with JL.

The quote which prompted your question was "Lifetime QP seems pretty high risk to me. Access to Qantas Club locations is assured for the next 20 years, ... QF already has some lounges today which don't allow QP access, and this could grow."
Seems pretty clear that "some lounges" was not a subset of "Qantas Club"!
Old Apr 15, 2007, 2:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

You seem to have interpreted QF lounge to mean Qantas Club.
I think a reasonable inferrence was a lounge that belongs to QF rather than a 3rd party lounge which QF arranges for admission for premium class passengers

Dave
Old Apr 15, 2007, 3:31 pm

I was careful to use the correct nomenclature: QF lounges. Not Qantas Club. And nothing about QF owned lounges (several Qantas Clubs are not QF owned!). You seem to have interpreted QF lounge to mean Qantas Club. Of course all QC locations, called QP in FT jargon, allow QP card access. Some non-QC locations also allow QP access, but it doesn't affect me so I cannot be bothered to compile a list. Perhaps someone who uses a QP for access can compile this list. I just know that QF has different access rules for different lounges, sometimes they make sense (e.g. it costs QF a fee for every pax using the lounge), sometimes it makes no sense at all. It is gone now, but the old QF lounge at FRA, primarily a DL CRC and I think owned and operated by DL, was also a QP for a while. QF seems to come up with some strange lounge scenarios. I am greatly puzzled about their NRT strategy, where they are operating without a lounge for 6+ months in order to build a QF lounge -- when AA and CX just opened brand new lounges, which they could have used instead. Maybe QF has big plans for competing with JL.

The quote which prompted your question was "Lifetime QP seems pretty high risk to me. Access to Qantas Club locations is assured for the next 20 years, ... QF already has some lounges today which don't allow QP access, and this could grow."
Seems pretty clear that "some lounges" was not a subset of "Qantas Club"!
You seem to have contradicted yourself there.

For those reading this thread however, if the lounge is a QF owned and/or operated lounge you will get access with Qantas Club membership.

Partner lounges however have special access conditions and members seeking to use those should consult the QF website to find out whether they will have access. Very simple and not as complicated as your original post may infer.

I suggest all those unclear on QP membership should consult the source:

http://www.qantas.com.au/info/flying/qantasClub/index
Old Apr 15, 2007, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Actually I have came across reports that anytime access for a QF WP is not available at some associated lounge locations in Australia.

This happened at ROK.

http://www.qantas.com.au/info/flying...ustralia#jump1
Old Apr 15, 2007, 11:46 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by serfty
Actually I have came across reports that anytime access for a QF WP is not available at some associated lounge locations in Australia.

This happened at ROK.

http://www.qantas.com.au/info/flying...ustralia#jump1
Was about to add there are a few lounges in OZ that qualify, I have been denied at MKY as a WP, not that a little room without a view is much to be worried about (its half the size of ROK)
Old Apr 15, 2007, 11:49 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Sorry - double post

Last edited by markis10; Apr 15, 2007 at 11:50 pm Reason: Text deleted - double post.
Old Apr 16, 2007, 1:53 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by Traveloguy
You seem to have contradicted yourself there.

For those reading this thread however, if the lounge is a QF owned and/or operated lounge you will get access with Qantas Club membership.

Absolutely not, it has to be designated as a QC. You seem to think that any QF owned and/or operated lounge is a QC and that the terms are synonymous. They are not, and many times QF has used this distinction. Lots of QCs are not QF owned and operated, and some QF owned/operated lounges are not QCs. So it cuts both ways.
Old Apr 16, 2007, 1:10 pm

Absolutely not, it has to be designated as a QC. You seem to think that any QF owned and/or operated lounge is a QC and that the terms are synonymous. They are not, and many times QF has used this distinction. Lots of QCs are not QF owned and operated, and some QF owned/operated lounges are not QCs. So it cuts both ways.
Again if you could provide examples of QF lounges where QP members are not welcome, it would be very much appreciated.

FWIW, I won't get into the WP anytime access debate as that is separate to this discussion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.