Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

6th Annual FT AGM, BNE QP, Saturday 23 Feb 2008

6th Annual FT AGM, BNE QP, Saturday 23 Feb 2008

Old Feb 27, 2008, 8:18 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF SG, LH SEN, OZ D+, HH D, SPG P
I think a multi airport AGM will just be too much work and not good for the spirit of the Australian / NZ QF community.

You will have some people attending this airport, other people attending other airports etc.

We should stick to one location, one airport and organize around it. And if there is no FLounge then that is fine as well.

At the end of the day you attend for the people, not for the lounge drinks. BNE is nice but going to a new location is fine as well. (As long as it is not Sydney).
Old Feb 27, 2008, 9:16 pm

Programs: QFF WP (LTG), VA SG
Hey all,

Firstly, my apologies for non-attendance at this years AGM.
I've been reading through the posts - seems like you guys had a fantastic time up there in the 39 degree heat.
Originally I had intended to be present, however I'm currently in YVR at the moment, continuing on my carefree life as a student. I hadn't intended on being here this long, and me staying on over here made it practically impossible to come to the AGM.
Well here's hoping I'll be back down under this time next year for the next AGM.

Cheers!

Josh
Old Feb 27, 2008, 10:29 pm

Programs: QF LTG, Velocity FF Red, HH Diamond, PC Platinum Ambassador, UA Nothing
Seems to me that there really are only a couple of questions here.

Do we read the title to mean it is the FT AGM or the BNE FT AGM? If it is the first it could be rotated (like Ozfest) but do we want to rotate it and if it's the second it should stay in BNE.

As a newbie to the AGM I'll go with the flow even though I would feel sorry for the BNE QP if it's there every year and I have no other preferred location.
Old Feb 27, 2008, 10:51 pm

<tired>

Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
I think a multi airport AGM will just be too much work and not good for the spirit of the Australian / NZ QF community.

You will have some people attending this airport, other people attending other airports etc.

We should stick to one location, one airport and organize around it. And if there is no FLounge then that is fine as well.

At the end of the day you attend for the people, not for the lounge drinks. BNE is nice but going to a new location is fine as well. (As long as it is not Sydney).
I've got no qualms as to where the AGM is - I'd still attend if I could. I guess I should step back a little - while I enjoyed the FLounge I guess it was a nice 'bonus' and carrot for me to attend the AGM. It also turned out to be a great experience to meet more people. If it didn't happen, I'm sure that I'd still attend the AGM and its other activities all the same. Sorry if I gave the FLounge component too big an emphasis back there somewhere (pretty audacious for an NB, I know).

I'm sure that we can all ingeniously plan a great AGM (and pre- and post- AGM) program next year just like we did this year with QF175 and the FLounge. Who knows - next year's may or may not have an FLounge - it may have more. Either way, the root aims of the AGM would be all the same.

I agree however with DownUnderFlyer that too many AGMs around the country are going thin out quorums a lot, which is probably not good on anyone's books.

</tired>
Old Feb 28, 2008, 12:33 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
While understanding the historical background to the holding of the meeting in BNE, I am not particularly concerned about where it is held.
Old Feb 28, 2008, 1:22 am

Programs: QF WP, VA, AA
Was my first AGM, and I look forward to attending more if possible. Flounge was a nice indulgence, but ultimately the actual AGM is the main game, so I reckon that should be in one place only (be it BNE permanently or rotating). How we get there is another question.

A 'sympathetic and co-operative' QP would also help, regardless of entry rules.
Old Feb 28, 2008, 1:48 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Originally Posted by notzac
If you want to keep it just in BNE - shifting it a month forward so the local conditions are less sauna-like would be nice
A month forward..... would make it January..... Isn't there a little tennis match or two on in MEL during January?

Dave
Old Feb 28, 2008, 1:59 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF SG, LH SEN, OZ D+, HH D, SPG P
Originally Posted by thadocta
A month forward..... would make it January..... Isn't there a little tennis match or two on in MEL during January?

Dave
Well, and who would be interested in that??? Docta? Docta??
Old Feb 28, 2008, 3:46 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
Well, and who would be interested in that??? Docta? Docta??
But I am hardly in a position to attend an AGM outside of MEL in January. And I am hardly able to confirm attendance at an AGM held in MEL, until just before the AGM (possibly even the night before) - we are allocated our RDO's when they happen, as it is all subject to the tournaments scheduling constraints, which are affected by things like weather and so on.

Dave
Old Feb 28, 2008, 4:27 am

Programs: QFWP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, HHonors Diamond
A few photos

What kept us waiting at the Flounge...

Oops....

Brekky Creek lunch group

Cheers!
Old Feb 28, 2008, 5:26 am

Programs: QF Platinum, VA Gold
Originally Posted by thadocta
A month forward..... would make it January.....
oh god no, a month in the other direction!
Old Feb 28, 2008, 10:47 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
My 2c worth is to keep Ozfest as the travelling venue and major all-in event. And keep the BNE AGM to be the BNE AGM.
Old Mar 7, 2008, 7:19 am

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald), PC Platinum, HH Gold
For me this was all about meeting people from this forum and AFF. I could not care less about an F lounge run coinciding with this event, Yes I know QF is changing schedules but I would prefer this event to be in BNE.

Great to meet everyone and hope to see you all again next year.
Old Mar 7, 2008, 6:31 pm

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JohnK
For me this was all about meeting people from this forum and AFF. I could not care less about an F lounge run coinciding with this event, Yes I know QF is changing schedules but I would prefer this event to be in BNE.

Great to meet everyone and hope to see you all again next year.
While I am not sure it was originally planned as such, it was the additional activities around the AGM that encouraged me to go, particulalry the FLounge run (and having lost plat status, I dare say I won't be getting too many opportunities in the near future).

It is unlikely that I would fly up to BNE just to have a few drinks at the QP. If, next year, there are opportunities to do extra things I may not otherwise get a chance to do (whatever they are), then I will likely go.

Will have to wait and see what happens, and what ideas get thrown up for next year. Or if I decide to holiday in Cairns at the time I can do a stopover
Old Nov 14, 2008, 11:59 pm

Programs: QFF
Can someone guide me to the post with the minutes in it?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.