Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

6th Annual FT AGM, BNE QP, Saturday 23 Feb 2008

6th Annual FT AGM, BNE QP, Saturday 23 Feb 2008

Old Aug 20, 2007, 3:57 am

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
Yeah no worries dg.... someone can get you in no problem. In the good old days I was the same as you and had no status or QC membership but the friendly FT guys always found a way to get me, and others like me in Now *I* can repay the favour with someone (as a QC member) so hoping I can help

The AGM usually goes for a few hours or so.. of course there's nothing stopping you staying over in BNE if you like
Old Aug 20, 2007, 4:19 am

Programs: VA Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by RichardMEL
Yeah no worries dg.... someone can get you in no problem. In the good old days I was the same as you and had no status or QC membership but the friendly FT guys always found a way to get me, and others like me in Now *I* can repay the favour with someone (as a QC member) so hoping I can help

The AGM usually goes for a few hours or so.. of course there's nothing stopping you staying over in BNE if you like
Thanks to the friendly QF Fters!

Well I guess if I fly all that way - I might need a rest in a nice hotel. May as well make the most of it.

So what happens at these AGMs - actual work or is it just fun, but tax deductible if you call it an AGM???
Old Aug 20, 2007, 4:40 am

LOL!!! 100% fun!!!!

tax may come up after a few HP's (Hahn Premium) - don't discount it!! LOL

Nah it's just a fun get together though I should really let the king of the FT BNE AGM - QF WP - answer
Old Aug 20, 2007, 4:54 am

For anyone interested in attending (and flying in from another capital). The current Qantas sale finishes midnight (AEST) Tuesday 21 August 2007.

There may be another one or two sales before the event that are for the correct date, but there are no guarantees.
Old Aug 20, 2007, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by Downunder girl
Thanks to the friendly QF Fters!

Well I guess if I fly all that way - I might need a rest in a nice hotel. May as well make the most of it.

So what happens at these AGMs - actual work or is it just fun, but tax deductible if you call it an AGM???
For me, these trips are tax deductible as I have a sideline business based in Brisbane. The meeting of a few fellow FTer's during the trip is merely a pleasant diversion.

YMMV

As far as discussion goes, there are some important points. One real issue is that BNE QP no longer has HP's (specifically - Hahn Premium); are the other (complimentary) beverages available adequate?

In relation to agenda, I'm thinking of bringing the topic of the Qantas FT Wiki; the creation/revision of one and the input myself and fellow Qantas FTers may be able to provide.
Old Aug 20, 2007, 8:23 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by serfty
For me, these trips are tax deductible as I have a sideline business based in Brisbane. The meeting of a few fellow FTer's during the trip is merely a pleasant diversion.
Hmm, I will need to think of a business

In relation to agenda, I'm thinking of bringing the topic of the Qantas FT Wiki; the creation/revision of one and the input myself and fellow Qantas FTers may be able to provide.
One (of sorts) already exists: http://flyerguide.com/wiki/index.php/Category:Qantas
Old Aug 20, 2007, 4:08 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF SG, LH SEN, OZ D+, HH D, SPG P
Very good point! I need to think about that. QF175 will look like an FT charter plane by the time everyone has registered. Especially the forward Y cabin. Poor non-FTer in this section of the A/C....
Old Aug 20, 2007, 7:13 pm

Gee it's tempting if somehow I could swing it to also be on 175 LOL. That would be fun!
Old Aug 21, 2007, 12:05 am

Programs: VA Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
Very good point! I need to think about that. QF175 will look like an FT charter plane by the time everyone has registered. Especially the forward Y cabin. Poor non-FTer in this section of the A/C....
LOL

Maybe we could get a group discount????
Old Aug 21, 2007, 2:22 am

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
Do you think QF will let me into the QP for the FT meeting with a 19:30 flight to PER?

Wondering about wandering

Fred
Old Aug 21, 2007, 2:29 am

Programs: QF LTG, Velocity FF Red, HH Diamond, PC Platinum Ambassador, UA Nothing
Originally Posted by wandering_fred
Do you think QF will let me into the QP for the FT meeting with a 19:30 flight to PER?

Wondering about wandering

Fred
I'm sure it can be arranged.
Old Aug 21, 2007, 2:44 am

I don't know why they wouldn't. If your 19:30 flight is from the same airport even if you show up at 07:30 I don't see how they CAN deny you. The rules say "same day flight" - you could have come from an international connection or something. I don't see an issue there.
Old Aug 21, 2007, 3:20 am

Programs: Virgin Australia Velocity Gold
Hello...

Please put me down as Silver. Be nice to catch up with you again Ricky, actually sit down and talk with you Aus_mal (you know what I mean), catch up with you again Bevan, and meet some new people ^

Hopefully eoinnz will be able to come...

Cheers
Old Aug 21, 2007, 7:04 am
Original Poster

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
updated list in post 1 to here.

willyroo, sorry I hadn't included you - my understanding of your message wasn't the same as your meaning...

Downunder girl, see the link to last years in Post 1 of this thread (to know what this AGM is all about). There can be specific discussion points where needed, but we get onto general business (ie. meeting people and chatting about flying) pretty quickly. This is always done with a glass in hand...
Old Aug 21, 2007, 4:17 pm

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
I'm off the leash, have booked into the Sofitel and fully expect a substantial evening.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.