Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

6th Annual FT AGM, BNE QP, Saturday 23 Feb 2008

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

6th Annual FT AGM, BNE QP, Saturday 23 Feb 2008

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2007, 4:35 pm
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
But did Mother provide loyalty bonuses for her passengers?
Old Nov 27, 2007, 5:31 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald), PC Platinum, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Itsalongwaydown
Isn't JohnK going on that flight as well?
As Mal pointed out no I won't be on that flight. I wanted to have my cake, in this case a game of golf in the morning, and eat it too....
Old Nov 27, 2007, 7:26 pm

Programs: QP Plat, BA
Originally Posted by GoldFlyer
I'm upper deck but think lower is better.
Me too. I am wondering if I should change.
Old Nov 28, 2007, 12:09 am

Programs: QFF WP :-0, AC, FlyBuys, Porter's Liquor Store, Mother's Helper
I know of two others as well as myself in J. We need to get it together and decide on upper or lower deck, zone A or just in front of the curtain?

There appears to be about 12 of us on 175 with most in whY. It would be good to get us all into the SYD Flounge but this might not be possible due to limited plats. It may be that this will be a party in two groups at the airport.

Is it possible for people to post if they don't have access to the Flounge as a guest of a WP so that those that haven't can hopefully be invited by a WP.

Maybe QF WP could indicate this in the original post if it is not asking too much.

I do have an invite to the QC lounge as previously posted if anyone is interested in either SYD or BNE. I won't need it as I have a "sponsor. to the Flounge .
Old Nov 28, 2007, 2:30 am
Original Poster

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Updated seating on QF175 in post #1.

Would those who haven't advised their seating (Aus_Mal, BundyBear, OzTraveller, Skoogle & GoldFlyer) please post here
Old Nov 28, 2007, 3:45 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by littl_flier
Lol, thanks for the heads up Mal and here I was thinking I'd been moved to 74E. I'm back in 26A, is 26C a FTer?
Yep, that would be me. After Amadeus and qantas.com were showing 26H for both Aus_Mal and myself, the seating robot has moved me to 26C now.
Old Nov 28, 2007, 7:06 am

Programs: VA Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
Ahh, by the time QF has figured out that your baby is not 12 months but 12 years old, they will have upgraded Aus_Mal and me to the none existent first class and the "baby" can have one of our seats....
Cool - sounds like a plan - although I was planning a w/e without her. So perhaps they can ug me as well - although I dont have a ticket yet .

BTW - who is MOTHER???? Or is it best not to ask?

A little OT, but does anyone know where the nearest SPG hotel is in BNE? I did a search on the SPG website and Sheraton Mirage Gold coast came up - too far in my opinion .
Old Nov 28, 2007, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by Downunder girl
BTW - who is MOTHER???? Or is it best not to ask?
Don't ask.

Originally Posted by Downunder girl
A little OT, but does anyone know where the nearest SPG hotel is in BNE? I did a search on the SPG website and Sheraton Mirage Gold coast came up - too far in my opinion .
I think this is the closest SPG property....
Old Nov 28, 2007, 7:52 am

Programs: QFWP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, HHonors Diamond
Put me down as a Silver-Platinum (well, will be Platinum in a few days!)

Will head up on Q175 if I do go ahead with it...will confirm in the next week or so. littl_flier - you twisted my arm.

Anyone planning anything in Brisbane for Saturday arvo/night? I'll probably just head back to SYD on the last flight, but thought it was worth asking.

Cheers,
- Febs.
Old Nov 28, 2007, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by Febs2
Anyone planning anything in Brisbane for Saturday arvo/night? I'll probably just head back to SYD on the last flight, but thought it was worth asking.
Don't know about anyone else but I will be staying the night at the Mercure. Dinner? More drinks? Depends on what other interstate visitors are planning. Not sure whether more drinks is a good idea after a whole afternoon/evening drinking session, cough, AGM....

I will be returning back to SYD on QF541 at 15:15 the next day Sunday.
Old Nov 28, 2007, 1:44 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
I've taken a punt that I can make this and booking flights & accommodation now.
Old Nov 28, 2007, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by QF WP
Would those who haven't advised their seating please post here
As indicated in DownUnderFlyer's post above, I am in 26H. Qantas had us both marked down as sitting in that seat. Very weird, but is resolved now.

Last edited by Aus_Mal; Nov 28, 2007 at 2:09 pm
Old Nov 28, 2007, 2:01 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Flights booked - NZ both ways. I'm thinking about doing a quick flight or 2 on Saturday if anyone else is interested.

Accommodation - Hilton for now but looking to find somewhere cheaper.
Old Nov 28, 2007, 2:12 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
The Master himself is joining us. ^ Thanks for coming Kiwi. Great that you are able to make it.

And congratulations on WP Febs2! And also great that you are joining us on QF175. That makes another Platinum for lounge access. We just need one more at this stake.
Old Nov 28, 2007, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Flights booked - NZ both ways. I'm thinking about doing a quick flight or 2 on Saturday if anyone else is interested.

Accommodation - Hilton for now but looking to find somewhere cheaper.
With only Executive rooms seemingly available that night, the Hilton is expensive . At this stage, I'm staying at the Mercure (nothing flash).

If you'd like, I have a HPC member for a Stay card that gives a 20% discount off any Hilton.com bookable rate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.