Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

6th Annual FT AGM, BNE QP, Saturday 23 Feb 2008

6th Annual FT AGM, BNE QP, Saturday 23 Feb 2008

Old Oct 31, 07, 7:32 pm
Original Poster

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Gold, QF Silver (90.2% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond, SPG, PC. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer View Post
Thanks for updating. I think we won't have any issues getting people into the QP in BNE but we do have an issue getting everyone into the F Lounge in SYD at the moment... We need another WP to come up with us to BNE.
Had email contact with QP (Acting) Manager yesterday and she couldn't see any issues given the numbers of Plats and those flying (as I gave her a break-down). There is impending refurbishment around the time we are going to be there (no doubt related to the new Oneworld Emerald and Business class pax's Business Lounge), so will continue to stay in contact with them to ensure it's OK.

I am so temped to come down to SYD and take QF175 up, but Mrs QF WP and mini QF WP will be my handbrakes there. However, if it's my last chance to Flounge (my status reassessment in 1 March and I'm not sure I'll get there), I'll be booking a trip to SYD for work on the Friday. JohnSydney2000 is a Plat, so if he comes up, your group is covered. Shano may have his family, so I've discounted him. GoldFlyer could probably worm his way in, assuming Mother sweet talks the lounge attendants.

Last edited by QF WP; Oct 31, 07 at 11:17 pm
Old Oct 31, 07, 8:31 pm

Programs: QFF WP :-0, AC, FlyBuys, Porter's Liquor Store, Mother's Helper
QF WP, I'm sure they will know who I am and greet me at the car with the usual posy of flowers .

I'll also have a major announcement to make at the meeting - I take it questions are allowed from the floor .

OK, I've left myself open on that comment.
Old Nov 22, 07, 10:13 pm

Programs: QF WP
Quick and I hope not so silly question:

For those of us travelling up on QF175, which is a domestic flight which leaves from an international airport, will the international liquid restrictions apply (i.e., no more than blah-blah-blah of liquids/gels/pastes to be carried in a clear plastic zip bag whilst going through security towards airside)?
Old Nov 22, 07, 10:32 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: up in the air
Yes. All flights from international terminal are subject to the security rules for international flights.
Old Nov 22, 07, 11:22 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF SG, LH SEN, OZ D+, HH D, SPG P
Originally Posted by anat0l View Post
Quick and I hope not so silly question:

For those of us travelling up on QF175, which is a domestic flight which leaves from an international airport, will the international liquid restrictions apply (i.e., no more than blah-blah-blah of liquids/gels/pastes to be carried in a clear plastic zip bag whilst going through security towards airside)?
So if you want to bring special liquids, then you might have to check them in.....
Old Nov 22, 07, 11:28 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Diamond, Marriot Gold
I will be drinking special liquids

but will not be checking them in
Old Nov 23, 07, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by moa999 View Post
I will be drinking special liquids

but will not be checking them in
I would hope so. Those ziplock bags are for liquids, gels etc, and not to be confused with the paper bag in the seat pocket in front of you .
Old Nov 23, 07, 8:56 pm

At least the ziplock bag won't leak if its used for that purpose. Though I don't think that the FA (and everyone else) would want to see the bag after that.
Old Nov 24, 07, 12:14 am

Originally Posted by futaris View Post
At least the ziplock bag won't leak if its used for that purpose. Though I don't think that the FA (and everyone else) would want to see the bag after that.
Breakfast muffin and champagne would look pretty vile.

I see we have 20 acceptances to date. This must be a record?
Old Nov 24, 07, 12:27 am

Originally Posted by GoldFlyer View Post
Don't forget the organic eggs!

I have always wondered why pax are limited to 100ml bottles, yet stores in the sterile zone can have 1L+bottles of booze/water/whatever.
Old Nov 24, 07, 10:18 pm
Original Poster

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Gold, QF Silver (90.2% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond, SPG, PC. Amex Plat, Visa Plat

Not yet. I think it was the 2nd or 3rd year where we had MrDrD and MrsDrD - I have photographic proof of all attendees on the one (largest) meeting room.
Old Nov 25, 07, 4:16 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
I am now confirmed on QF 175, Saturday 23 February. Not sure about the return yet, will worry about that later, so upgrade me to Gold (for attending) and Silver (for QF status). Automagically allocated 27G, I wonder if I should keep it or seek something else! (Rhetorical question, no need to respond, I am staying exactly where I am!)

Dave

Last edited by thadocta; Nov 25, 07 at 4:31 am
Old Nov 25, 07, 4:48 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF SG, LH SEN, OZ D+, HH D, SPG P
Originally Posted by thadocta View Post
I am now confirmed on QF 175, Saturday 23 February. Not sure about the return yet, will worry about that later, so upgrade me to Gold (for attending) and Silver (for QF status). Automagically allocated 27G, I wonder if I should keep it or seek something else! (Rhetorical question, no need to respond, I am staying exactly where I am!)

Dave
I would move to 26G so we can form a FT row there with moa999. Great to have you on that flight. Will be fun!
Old Nov 25, 07, 5:11 pm

Programs: QC Life, QFF Gold, VA silver, HH Silver, IHG Gold
Yes this is a record. Someone made this thread a sticky and its likely to get bigger, more plats the better.

Thanks to the lists of attendees created by QF WP Number 2 in 2004 with MrDrD and MrsDrD was the largest previous Annual QF AGM with 15 attendees.
Old Nov 25, 07, 10:01 pm

According to the seatmap,QF175 has the following forward seats taken in Y.

26C, 26H, 26K
27C, 27G, 27H, 27K

with another 5 seats in J taken.

I presume that covers most of the attendees who are on the flight (there are supposed to be 10 so far though, so not sure whether seats are allocated for some people).

littl_flier is supposed to be in 26A, but for some reason it's not showing up on the seatmap. Also, row 25 seems to have dropped off the seatmap, so for those who are supposed to be in that row - you might want to recheck! I was originally in 27x and now am in 26x so the seating fairies have been at work!

Last edited by Aus_Mal; Nov 25, 07 at 10:11 pm

Search this Thread