Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetConnects 'On Time' performance

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2007, 8:31 pm

Seats get dusted off, occasionally vacuumed.
Tray tables, as explained get a quick wipe over either during the service (some crew keep cloths on the service cart) or during the clear-in. Otherwise, I've never seen ground crew clean tray tables in Economy. The crew in SYD usually clean business class tray tables and then seem to give up past row 4.

I was under the impression our a/c got cleaned every night, but I guess not. In the recent meeting with crew, it was mentioned by management they're looking at doing more 'deep cleans' on tiedown, which is great news for everybody. I'm not really that keen on flying on a dirty plane either =)
Old Aug 8, 2007, 1:58 pm

Programs: DJ, QF, SPG, Hilton
FWIW, I've seen anyone clean any tables. If I get lucky, the crew may offer a round of water 2/3 through the flight... Oh, what happened to the little after dinner ice-cream that we used to get on the evening flights...?

I wonder how much lighter the aircraft will be if a proper clean is done...
Old Aug 8, 2007, 9:13 pm

Water runs are usually done once or twice after the main service on a Tasman. Icecream is always offered - perhaps you were on a rare under-catered flight. Usually it's Magnum's outbound and Splice inbound (to NZ)
Old Aug 23, 2007, 1:49 am
Original Poster

OT I know but check out PacificBlue's schedule they released today. Two 180 seat B738 aircraft being run from 0600 to 2100 each day with no more than a 30 min turnaround the whole day. Good luck donald duck keeping to that schedule!
Old Aug 23, 2007, 2:40 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
I've discussed this further on the Pacific Blue NZ domestic thread.
Old Aug 24, 2007, 2:25 pm

Flew Wgtn to AKL last evening and for the first time in several months, this evening departure was actually on time. Are things finally improving ?
Old Aug 24, 2007, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
My AKL - WLG flight this morning went at the time scheduled, but not the flight number.

NZ405 instead of QF4003!

Thanks to Kiwi Flyer for guesting me in to the AKL Koru Club. ^
Old Sep 16, 2007, 12:40 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Originally Posted by ZK-JTP
Management has aknowledged in a recent meeting that we need to make more informed PA's during disrupt situations instead of "Mechanical Reasons" - more often than not you will find a flight has been delayed on sector one, and the delay just continues on for the rest of the day.
The announcements have been better lately. Unfortunately OTP is still bad. Of my last 12 jetconnect flights only 4 were on time or close to it. Unfortunately 2 of the 4 times I didn't make the flight due to misconnecting from a late inbound jetconnect flight

C'mon 2/12 on time is ridiculous, as is the number of tickets I've got floating around half used and/or rebooked due to flight cancellations, diversions and trips in vain. I think I now have about 7 or 8 such tickets.
Old Sep 18, 2007, 2:13 am
Original Poster

Yep seems to be a big issue still, lots of complaints around my office the last few weeks. I got my nice new QF gold card in the mail today but no way am I going back to any jetconnect services if I can help it.

Do Qantas HQ appreicate the damage being done to their brand in NZ by JetConnects performance? More to the point, do they care? The JC staff are better (in my experience) but if your going away for a days work you kinda need to be there before lunchtime.
Old Sep 18, 2007, 5:01 am

Originally Posted by Jetkid
Yep seems to be a big issue still, lots of complaints around my office the last few weeks. I got my nice new QF gold card in the mail today but no way am I going back to any jetconnect services if I can help it.

Do Qantas HQ appreicate the damage being done to their brand in NZ by JetConnects performance? More to the point, do they care? The JC staff are better (in my experience) but if your going away for a days work you kinda need to be there before lunchtime.
Great comments there Jetkid. HQ do appreciate what you and many others are saying and they are working hard to find the solution for the intrim.

Without passing the buck further, as you and many others are aware, Qantas is absolutely stretched fleet wise at the moment due to the late delivery of the A380. This is being compensated with money from Airbus but the bigger picture is you guys out there who, as you said dont want to travel with us while this mess continues. The stretch has even forced a Jetconnect 734 to be operated trans tasman by mainline crew. Hopefully when this "announcement" is made in October the kinks can begin to be ironed out and we can offer an acceptable standard of OTP again.

Your comments re: Jetconnect Crew are well received, thank you.
Old Sep 18, 2007, 2:07 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

I must be thick. What does A380 delays have to do with jetconnect's OTP? Were they planning on an A380 shuttle service between AKL & WLG and AKL & CHC?
Old Sep 18, 2007, 2:16 pm

Programs: DJ, QF, SPG, Hilton
It's one thing to try and improve the situation, but another simply to not make it worse. From my previous experience, trans-Tasman services were generally OK, but recently, they were late too, even the 6am services...!
Old Sep 18, 2007, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
I must be thick. What does A380 delays have to do with jetconnect's OTP? Were they planning on an A380 shuttle service between AKL & WLG and AKL & CHC?

It completely stretched the mainline fleet which, through a ripple effect, wore down the Jetconnect fleet as it is being over utilised with trans tasman services therefore causing domestic sectors to either be extremely delayed or cancelled.

It was also the REAL reason WLG - CHC was canned, just not enough planes. More money was being made AKL - BNE so the aircraft went to that daily service instead.

yourself..
Old Sep 18, 2007, 4:18 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

WLG-CHC I understand, but I am struggling to believe 73x flights are being impacted by delays in delivery of A380 - an a/c several times bigger.
Old Sep 18, 2007, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
WLG-CHC I understand, but I am struggling to believe 73x flights are being impacted by delays in delivery of A380 - an a/c several times bigger.

Well international aircraft that were to be put on Domestic/ trans tasman services are being left where they were in place of the A380 until it arrives. Some of those aircraft are 737s, some are 767s.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.