Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetConnects 'On Time' performance

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2007, 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by workflyer
Sorry, yes of course that is what I meant, and of course at SH there is the option of individual and collective agreements
I had a feeling you guys had a choice, but wasn't 100% sure. Unfortunately I know of some people still on the individual contract at LH but why I have no idea. Just got a $$$ payout for getting called on a X day - so thank you collective agreement
Old Jul 20, 2007, 1:36 am
Original Poster

I see their on time performance has been a little better today, I hope that continues for the flights I'm on this weekend!
Old Jul 20, 2007, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
It helps having all eight aircraft available - FWIW, I'm keeping a close eye on Seatmaps/Equipment as I've four Jetconnect Flights coming up within the week.
Old Jul 20, 2007, 9:40 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
So why the couple of cancellations today then?
Old Jul 20, 2007, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
So why the couple of cancellations today then?
Lack of PAX?
Old Jul 22, 2007, 8:12 pm
Original Poster

I didn't do to badly last weekend, 45 min delay one way, 20 mins the other, not bad for QF/Jetconnect! Still it’s my last trip with them for a while, to risky in winter to travel with them with such a small fleet stretched so thin.
Old Jul 23, 2007, 12:54 am

Programs: QF. UA. Avis. AMEX.
I am next flying with them next month, CHC-ZQN and then ZQN-AKL. The ZQN-AKL flight could be interesting as it is on a sep PNR to my connecting AKL-SYD flight. I say interesting as QF I am sure will reroute me ZQN-SYD direct if things go a bit delayed which will be the exact flight I wanted but couldn't get a reward seat on in the first place.
Old Jul 24, 2007, 3:04 am

I was booked on last Fridays 7:10pm flight from CHCH to AKL which was delayed by an hour when I arrived at the airport. Luckily the flight before was also delayed by 40 mins from schedule (which became about an hour by the time it departed) and as I had a flexible ticket I managed to get onto that.

JetConnect is doing itself no favours with its constant delays and cancelled flights. The only flights that are "usually" on time are the first flights of the day, from then, on time performance just goes downhill.
Old Jul 24, 2007, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It seems that from posts in this thread and a few others, it may be the contracted entities supplying ground sevices being used by JetConnect are not really interested in helping to attain a better on time departure record.
Old Jul 27, 2007, 7:40 am

Spot on there Serfty, but keep in mind the party whom is at fault for any delay over one minute is fined by the airport company. If its Jetconnect - we get the fine, if the ground staff have passengers held up at check in they suffer.

I am going to put it out there that these staff are suffering more from a lack of pride in their own company than a disinterest in the OTP of Jetconnect.
Old Jul 27, 2007, 3:58 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Jetconnects OTP is not going to get help by the fog in AKL today
Old Aug 7, 2007, 6:03 am

Hi everybody,
Well, I have to say I agree with everything here - our OTP is often shocking due to mechanical delays, crewing problems etc, but with our aircraft being used all day with 30 minute turns domestically, it makes it near on impossible to pick up the slack.

Management has aknowledged in a recent meeting that we need to make more informed PA's during disrupt situations instead of "Mechanical Reasons" - more often than not you will find a flight has been delayed on sector one, and the delay just continues on for the rest of the day.

Rest assured, when we are running late all your crew make an effort to pick it up. CSMs will encourage the crew to assist in cleaning the aircraft for a faster turn. Crack out the vacuum cleaners and get going ;D

You want to get there on time, and we want to get you there on time. We know we're the smaller airline, we know we fly old planes, and we know you get angry at us sometimes. But I personally enjoy delivering excellent service to my customers, and love seeing our passengers return time after time. Basically I just wanted to say it's not all hiding behind excuses: A lot of the crew really will make the extra effort to pick up the slack.

I think I know the ground crew you're talking about too (the sucks lemons one!) but there's a few nice NZ ground staff in Wellington. There does seem to be the attitude of "Your just J.C so it doesn't matter if you're late" - but I don't think there's much to be done about that =/
- ZK-JTP
Old Aug 7, 2007, 1:49 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
My recent domestic (and some international for that matter) flights with both NZ and QF I've often had short delays on departure and arrival due to unmanned airbridges, and just as often on NZ as on QF.

In my experience ZQN mostly adds a small delay to the schedule. With small airport and NZ flights often timed similarly to QF, QF does seem to get the short straw for ground service. I think the 30 minute turn here is too ambitious - you only need 1 pax who cannot use the stairs to be guaranteed you'll lose time here.

On a positive note, my most recent QF domestic flight arrived bang on time.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 2:11 pm

Programs: DJ, QF, SPG, Hilton
Thank you, ZK-JTP and other (I assume) JetConnect crew that have come on board recently.

Allow me to state this up front. I'm not blaming or dumping on you personally.

Now, please allow me to rant...

I don't know how making more informed announcements will help anything. As you and others have pointed out, the problem is caused by too few aircrafts and too short turn-around times. Passengers would prefer to get to their destinations on time and the crew would probably prefer the same, especially when it's the midnight flight into Wellington - we all want to get home.

I must say that recently, the OTP problem seem to be creeping into trans-Tasman services too. It's lucky that WLG haven't been affected by fog this year (compared to last year) - at least the 6am flights are taking off on time...!

As to the crew though, 99% of the time, they're excellent. I've had one bad flight recently (not helped when it was late by about an hour leaving SYD either), unfortunately, the CSM led by example on that flight, but that's OK, it was only one flight.

However, with the WLG ground staff, I would love to know who those 'few' nice ones are. I can think of one, maybe two, all the rest of them seems to have a constant lemon diet...

Do you know if anyone actually cleans the tables/trays or if anyone actually gives the seats a dust-off?
Old Aug 7, 2007, 6:41 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by Leumas
I must say that recently, the OTP problem seem to be creeping into trans-Tasman services too. It's lucky that WLG haven't been affected by fog this year (compared to last year) - at least the 6am flights are taking off on time...!
I can voucher for that, 6 am QF118, well take off is 5-10 minutes later, is actually my alarm clock.

Originally Posted by Leumas
Do you know if anyone actually cleans the tables/trays or if anyone actually gives the seats a dust-off?
Well workflyer has explained this before,

No, I meant inflight - if they are dirty we wipe them when we are clearing in, thats the only time they EVER get done. If you dont like that, may I encourage you to write to the cleaners union in Australia who made the decission that it was out of their job description
In regards to the tray tables - firstly thank you for wiping your own ^. W only wipe them if they are filthy, We dont wipe every single one as we come through. Unhygenic? Well next time you see a Flight Attendant with a bad pimple breakout its probably not because they have been eating too much KFC but more likely they have a full roster and spending too many hours in that environment
Oh last night QF4054 ZK-JNO, was late by about an hour. I also saw something on the QF website for the first time. On "My Bookings" for the flight the time had changed and there was a message notifying me of the change and a "Confirm" button that appeared as well. I called QF up about the delay and they told me I should have received a SMS about it! At the QP I was told that the delay was due to change of aircraft because of "issues", remember for airlines it should always be safety first.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.